703 users online (88 members and 615 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Couple Brings Baby To Hospital Under Safe Haven Law

DES MOINES, Iowa -- A newborn boy was brought to an Iowa hospital early Sunday morning by a couple who said they wanted the child to be kept safe under Iowa's Safe Haven law.

The couple did not offer any information before leaving.

Hospital officials said the baby appeared to be healthy and was about 2 hours old when he arrived.
    http://www.kcci.com/family/9617657/detail.html

Thank God! I wish there were more dropped off.

Quote Originally Posted by JBean
    Thank God! I wish there were more dropped off.
    I know.

Well............ Thank God! So much worse could of happened to that baby seeing as how baby wasnt wanted. Aww poor little thing I wish the baby a wonderful future.

Quote Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie
    Well............ Thank God! So much worse could of happened to that baby seeing as how baby wasnt wanted. Aww poor little thing I wish the baby a wonderful future.
    everytime I hear about a baby in a toilet or in the trash, i think why didn't they just drop it off? I just can hardly think of it.

Quote Originally Posted by JBean
    everytime I hear about a baby in a toilet or in the trash, i think why didn't they just drop it off? I just can hardly think of it.
    I know, its so sad. So many people who gladly take the babies.

Wink

Good for them, they did the right thing...
    Still must of been hard......

I am very glad also. It kills me to see so many children kille rather than being given up for adoption.

Quote Originally Posted by Beyond Belief
    DES MOINES, Iowa -- A newborn boy was brought to an Iowa hospital early Sunday morning by a couple who said they wanted the child to be kept safe under Iowa's Safe Haven law.
    Maybe there is some hope for humanity after all.

To that anonymous couple.....thank you.

Bless their hearts. It probably wasn't an easy decision to make but they did the right thing. I hope the baby boy is placed with a couple that has just been waiting to have a baby and that he is loved and treasured.

2luvmy is offline RIP Ragdoll. You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can only decide how you're going to live now.
    Thank goodness. Sounds to me like this couple loved him enough to bring this baby into this world without harm and had sense enough to take him to the hospital. I wish this baby a happy life and wish this couple peace of mind and blessings for knowing that they were not able to take care of this little guy and ensured his safety and well being.

This is good news! If they would allow schools to hand out information about the laws on this issue, I think they would find a lot more young women would do the same thing. And, if they allowed condoms to be passed out free of charge and with no questions asked, they'd find a lot less unwanted pregnancy and disease, but that's just my

Good for them. Giving their baby a chance even though they didn't want him.

Its sad that it seems to happen so infrequently that when it does happen, it makes the news. But it is good that it makes the news, it spreads awareness.

Best wishes to the couple and their baby in his new life.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for pretending to be someone I'm not.

Thumbs up

They made the right decision and I hope more people follow in their footsteps. Here's hoping the baby finds a new home with a wonderful family.

I have to disagree about this being good that it hit the news.

I think parents (using that word loosly) would be less inclined to leave a baby if publicity was involved.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast