Couple Brings Baby To Hospital Under Safe Haven Law

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
DES MOINES, Iowa -- A newborn boy was brought to an Iowa hospital early Sunday morning by a couple who said they wanted the child to be kept safe under Iowa's Safe Haven law.

The couple did not offer any information before leaving.

Hospital officials said the baby appeared to be healthy and was about 2 hours old when he arrived.
http://www.kcci.com/family/9617657/detail.html

Thank God! I wish there were more dropped off.

Well............ Thank God! So much worse could of happened to that baby seeing as how baby wasnt wanted.:( Aww poor little thing I wish the baby a wonderful future.

Mygirlsadie said:
Well............ Thank God! So much worse could of happened to that baby seeing as how baby wasnt wanted.:( Aww poor little thing I wish the baby a wonderful future.
everytime I hear about a baby in a toilet or in the trash, i think why didn't they just drop it off? I just can hardly think of it.

JBean said:
everytime I hear about a baby in a toilet or in the trash, i think why didn't they just drop it off? I just can hardly think of it.
I know, its so sad. So many people who gladly take the babies.

Good for them, they did the right thing...
Still must of been hard......

I am very glad also. It kills me to see so many children kille rather than being given up for adoption.

Beyond Belief said:
DES MOINES, Iowa -- A newborn boy was brought to an Iowa hospital early Sunday morning by a couple who said they wanted the child to be kept safe under Iowa's Safe Haven law.
Maybe there is some hope for humanity after all.

To that anonymous couple.....thank you.

Bless their hearts. It probably wasn't an easy decision to make but they did the right thing. I hope the baby boy is placed with a couple that has just been waiting to have a baby and that he is loved and treasured.

Well............ Thank God! So much worse could of happened to that baby seeing as how baby wasnt wanted. Aww poor little thing I wish the baby a wonderful future.

Thank goodness. Sounds to me like this couple loved him enough to bring this baby into this world without harm and had sense enough to take him to the hospital. I wish this baby a happy life and wish this couple peace of mind and blessings for knowing that they were not able to take care of this little guy and ensured his safety and well being.

This is good news! If they would allow schools to hand out information about the laws on this issue, I think they would find a lot more young women would do the same thing. And, if they allowed condoms to be passed out free of charge and with no questions asked, they'd find a lot less unwanted pregnancy and disease, but that's just my :twocents: ;)

Good for them. Giving their baby a chance even though they didn't want him.

Its sad that it seems to happen so infrequently that when it does happen, it makes the news. But it is good that it makes the news, it spreads awareness.

Best wishes to the couple and their baby in his new life.

They made the right decision and I hope more people follow in their footsteps. Here's hoping the baby finds a new home with a wonderful family.

I have to disagree about this being good that it hit the news.

I think parents (using that word loosly) would be less inclined to leave a baby if publicity was involved.

Amraann said:
I have to disagree about this being good that it hit the news.

I think parents (using that word loosly) would be less inclined to leave a baby if publicity was involved.
The parents were not named, as is promised, no questions asked, as is promised and this article shows people they can really do it.
i think this should get tons of publicity, so people that are afarid to do it, won't be.

JBean said:
The parents were not named, as is promised, no questions asked, as is promised and this article shows people they can really do it.
i think this should get tons of publicity, so people that are afarid to do it, won't be.
What a happy story - it is so nice when a law goes into effect and HAS an effect. I, too, hope this story gets lots and lots of press.

23jfo04.gif
23jftl2.jpg
23jg64m.gif
23jg7ev.gif

One of my daughters teachers received her bundle of joy last year because of a law like this. The baby was dropped off at a small hospital...left in a reception area.

They had video of a girl coming in and leaving, but because of the law did not seek info on learning her identity. The baby did go to foster care for about 3 months to see if anyone would come forward before the teacher and her hubby could have her, and then another 2 months or so before adoption proceedings could start. There was very little publicity at all in our metro area about the drop off.

I think the law should be widely publicized. When enacted by a parent, I am not so sure. Seems it is drawing attention to a situation that the law is meant to be protecting.

Lynie

Lisahas2cats said:
Maybe there is some hope for humanity after all.

To that anonymous couple.....thank you.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: I agree! They loved the child enough not to harm it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OwlEyes
Back