Please take a look at these "candy and drink" items

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
Danger to unsuspecting children (photos on this link)

MARCH 17--A California drug operation manufactured marijuana-laced candy and soft drinks that were packaged to resemble popular products like Jolly Ranchers, Milky Way, and Pop Tarts.

In a statement, DEA agent Javier Pena noted that Affolter's pot ring, which operated under the name Beyond Bomb, was "not only illegal, but potentially tragic," since "innocent children will somehow get their hands on these products and think they are just normal candy or soft drinks." (7 pages)

I don't for a minute believe these were sold to unsupecting kids. If anyone is saying they were my guess is it's the 'unsuspecting' kids who were caught with them and the parents dumb enought to believe them. There was a target market there with some of those names. JMHO

curious1 said:
I don't for a minute believe these were sold to unsupecting kids. If anyone is saying they were my guess is it's the 'unsuspecting' kids who were caught with them and the parents dumb enought to believe them. There was a target market there with some of those names. JMHO
I don't think the article was implying that these things were sold to unsuspecting kids, only that the potentail for them to wind up the hands of unsuspecting kids is great. IE - a teenager might have some POT-TARTS in his room and his younger brother might find them and think they were POP-TARTS and eat them and get very sick or die.

If you consider the fact that these items probably cost about 4x what the "regular" candy bars would cost, I think it would be fairly easy to figure out that you're not buying a regular Reeses. After all, "Rasta Reeses" pretty much says it all! LOL :rolleyes:

I wonder if they were manufacturing for some of our local cannabis clubs? I know they sell baked products at them for medicinal use marijuana.

I really gotta move to your neck of the woods JBean. :D

southcitymom said:
I don't think the article was implying that these things were sold to unsuspecting kids, only that the potentail for them to wind up the hands of unsuspecting kids is great. IE - a teenager might have some POT-TARTS in his room and his younger brother might find them and think they were POP-TARTS and eat them and get very sick or die.
Hi Southcitymom,:)
Thank-you for the post.Your post was right on with the answer.The statement by the DEA Agent is in the first post.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

curious1 said:
I really gotta move to your neck of the woods JBean. :D
Curious 1 and close:
C'mon out!
we have legalized medical marijuana here. There are certain ailments that qualify you for a prescription.Once you are recommended, you go to these clubs which are kind of like pharmacies that only sell pot. Some of it comes packaged similarly to these pictures.

JBean said:
Curious 1 and close:
C'mon out!
we have legalized medical marijuana here. There are certain ailments that qualify you for a prescription.Once you are recommended, you go to these clubs which are kind of like pharmacies that only sell pot. Some of it comes packaged similarly to these pictures.
JBEAN,

Can you only get the pot in food-like products like these pictured or do they sell government-rolled doobies too?:crazy:

JBean said:
Curious 1 and close:
C'mon out!
JBean, you continue to amaze me with your knowledge of drunk driving offenses, jail and prison, and now cannabis club product packaging. Are you leading a double life, or what??

Buzzm1 said:
JBean, you continue to amaze me with your knowledge of drunk driving offenses, jail and prison, and now cannabis club product packaging. Are you leading a double life, or what??
I KNEW you were going to say that!
this is so funny..because when I was posting, I thought, more ammo for Buzz..he is going to give me grief about this!
Hhahaha no, I know several people that have a license

It is practically impossible to kill someone with marijuana, given that its safety profile (ie, ratio of LD50 to therapeutic dose, for those familiar with pharmacology) is better than almost any other known legal or illegal drug, including over-the-counter drugs, prescription meds, etc. So the likelihood of someone getting injured by mistakenly eating one of these products is low. Chances are the worst that would happen is an unintended "high." Any statement by the DEA implying otherwise is deliberately politicized, IMHO.

southcitymom said:
JBEAN,

Can you only get the pot in food-like products like these pictured or do they sell government-rolled doobies too?:crazy:
ya gotta roll your own I think.

JBean said:
I KNEW you were going to say that!
this is so funny..because when I was posting, I thought, more ammo for Buzz..he is going to give me grief about this!
Hhahaha no, I know several people that have a license
I don't miss much do I? I stumbled across this thread and couldn't restrain myself.--LOL

Buzzm1 said:
I don't miss much do I? I stumbled across this thread and couldn't restrain myself.--LOL
well Buzz, the funny thing is I am beginning to know what you are going to post before you post it!

JBean said:
well Buzz, the funny thing is I am beginning to know what you are going to post before you post it!

I'd see a doctor real quickly, Jelly!

23r8sh4.gif
23r8u1y.gif

:laugh:

Buzzm1 said:

MSM said:
It is practically impossible to kill someone with marijuana, given that its safety profile (ie, ratio of LD50 to therapeutic dose, for those familiar with pharmacology) is better than almost any other known legal or illegal drug, including over-the-counter drugs, prescription meds, etc. So the likelihood of someone getting injured by mistakenly eating one of these products is low. Chances are the worst that would happen is an unintended "high." Any statement by the DEA implying otherwise is deliberately politicized, IMHO.

:clap: good post..

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong