GUILTY NY - Shelby Andrews, 10, tortured & killed, Syracuse, 1 Aug 2006

Earthbound Misfit I

Justice for Kimberly Shawn Cheatham
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.

Syracuse girl, 10, beaten to death; father and stepmother in jail
Dad tells cops: 'I lost control'
By Nate Carlisle and Kristen Moulton
The Salt Lake Tribune

SYRACUSE - The banging sound Tuesday night from next door was so loud, Alli Carmichael said, her family turned away from the movie they were watching to see what was happening.
"It sounded like they were going through our walls," Carmichael said.
A few minutes later, emergency personnel began arriving next door. What they found was a 10-year-old girl with a black eye dead on the floor, police said.

More at link:
http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_4129177

RKnowley said:
Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere.

Syracuse girl, 10, beaten to death; father and stepmother in jail
Dad tells cops: 'I lost control'
By Nate Carlisle and Kristen Moulton
The Salt Lake Tribune

SYRACUSE - The banging sound Tuesday night from next door was so loud, Alli Carmichael said, her family turned away from the movie they were watching to see what was happening.
"It sounded like they were going through our walls," Carmichael said.
A few minutes later, emergency personnel began arriving next door. What they found was a 10-year-old girl with a black eye dead on the floor, police said.

More at link:
http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_4129177
This is so sad.

I feel like there is nothing left to say anymore about these deaths of children. I am at a loss for words. The law doesn't value the kids and citizens are not allowed vigilante justice. I feel like my hands are tied. It absolutely sucks.
puke.gif

So the stepmom just sat there and watched as the dad beat the girl with a belt? Figures. And the dad I hope someone whips his a$$ daily with a belt in prison where he will rott..I don't know if people really realize the pain a hit with a belt feels like? And to kill the little girl? Pure torture.... God what is happening to the human race?

Between my next younger sister and me we were hit with belts and curtain rods (the old white ones that interconnect) and no one was ever the wiser. No one ever checked on us. We walked around with giant bruises and this was expected and the norm.

The infraction could be talking on the one phone. Or we were late for babysitting the rest...we were in school. It was always verbal abuse and denigration. It is a miracle we survived, of course, not all of us survived. My little sister, Jilly, didn't.My brother W. is probably a serial killer.He loved to torture animals, especially cats. The dysfunction goes on and is usually cloaked with eccentricity...don't believe that crap. It isn't OK.

Wallace said Ryan Andrews told police, "I lost control."

Yeah...he'd lost control for how many days and weeks leading up to his daughter's death?

I can't even call this "man" an animal...animals don't treat their babies like that :(

There is a bipolar child in my family and I know they can be quite difficult, BUT there is no excuse for this outcome. Why, oh why, did someone not seek help for this child earlier? What has been going on in that house and for how long? Too many questions and no answers. Lock them up, both of them, and lose the key. Get the other children into counseling for what they have lived with and seen. This really upsets me.

I, too, have been hit with belts (doubled over so it cracks doubly hard) and hairbrushes and wooden spoons and drug around by my hair. My younger brother has a spider web looking scar on his upper back where he was smashed against a window. We would be locked in the basement and I was forever being threatened to have my beloved dog (and best friend I might add) taken to the pound if I didn't behave. I finally called the cops when my boyfriend's mom told me she would if I didn't one night while I was crying on the phone to her when my boyfriend was not home. I know the fear of thinking you will be killed. It is awful.

concernedperson said:
Between my next younger sister and me we were hit with belts and curtain rods (the old white ones that interconnect) and no one was ever the wiser. No one ever checked on us. We walked around with giant bruises and this was expected and the norm.

The infraction could be talking on the one phone. Or we were late for babysitting the rest...we were in school. It was always verbal abuse and denigration. It is a miracle we survived, of course, not all of us survived. My little sister, Jilly, didn't.My brother W. is probably a serial killer.He loved to torture animals, especially cats. The dysfunction goes on and is usually cloaked with eccentricity...don't believe that crap. It isn't OK.

Your boyfriends mom was one courageous soul.It takes a village to raise a child because the parents aren't always the measure. Be well, my friend.

I don't believe a thing either one of those "animals" say...bipolar - is the stepmom a nurse or a therapist? How would she know? The parents are just trying to justify their "losing it"...trying to gain some sympathy. They are both poor excuses for our species -

I will never understand how parents can show such discrimination between their children. To mistreat one but leave the others alone? I firmly believe that stepmom called the shots in this relationship - dad was a follower. He should have beat the sh-- out of the stepmom. She deserves it! (Note: I don't condone or promote violence for retribution unless it involves child abuse. Then I'm all for beating the living h--- out of the abusers).

Concernedperson and kidzndogznme,

The things you talk about hurt my heart. I am sorry you suffered like that. I am glad you lived to escape.

WHY this case would not qualify for the death penalty?? The beatings occurred over several days-this was NOT a "lost it one time" because she bit the stepmom thing-so I think they should BOTH be eligible for the death penalty. Or is this a state where you are only eligible if you kill a cop?

southcitymom said:
Concernedperson and kidzndogznme,

The things you talk about hurt my heart. I am sorry you suffered like that. I am glad you lived to escape.

I wanted to say the same thing. I was so fortunate to have a mom and dad that showed me lots of love and were nurturing. I can't imagine being treated like you two were. I can't imagine living in a home where I was afraid all of the time and never knew when the next beating was coming. I know one thing gals...you are both such caring people with so much love for others in your hearts and that was something that your parents couldn't take away from you no matter how many beatings you were subjected to. I'll bet you are both wonderful parents too because you learned from the best teachers how not to treat your children.

Concerned....do you mind if I ask what happened to Jilly? You can PM me if you want.

kidzndogznme said:
I feel like there is nothing left to say anymore about these deaths of children. I am at a loss for words. The law doesn't value the kids and citizens are not allowed vigilante justice. I feel like my hands are tied. It absolutely sucks.
puke.gif

I almost hate to even read about crimes anymore because it just goes on and on. Everyday someone somewhere has beaten a child to death or murdered them in some way or the child has just disappeared. It breaks my heart and I can't stand to think of how defenseless the little ones are against a great big adult.

I wonder if we will ever see the day when lady justice places a value on children. It seems that daily we see where a judge has patted a pedaphile on the head and that is about all the sentence he gets or we hear where some pedaphile has been released no matter if he has molested or raped 2 or 3 children. I just don't understand why it is so hard to get those bigwigs to pass the bills that are needed to stop this horror. You would think that they would be grabbing the darn bills out of each others hands they would be so anxious to sign them.

I'm hoping that since Senator Bruno has suffered a little of what so many parents and grandparents have gone through or are still going through that he will become a big influence in the senate. If not, I think he should be flooded with letters and emails shaming him.

Murder, sex charges filed against father, stepmother
By Nate Carlisle
The Salt Lake Tribune

Posted: 9:40:37 AM- FARMINGTON - Prosecutors this morning filed first-degree felony murder charges against the Syracuse father and stepmother who allegedly beat to death 10-year-old Shelby L. Andrews.
In addition, Ryan and Angela Andrews both are charged with aggravated sex abuse of a child, also a first-degree felony. That's not the result of a sexual gratification issue, Deputy Davis County Attorney Bill McGuire said, but rather because some of the beatings the girl endured were focused on her vaginal area.
The couple remain in the Davis County jail. Ryan Andrews' bail is set at $500,000; Angela Andrews is being held without bail.
About 11:30 p.m. Tuesday, Shelby's 13-year-old brother called 911 saying the girl wasn't breathing. Emergency crews arrived at the Syracuse home and found Ryan and Angela Andrews performing CPR on Shelby.

More at link:
http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_4136190

RKnowley said:
Murder, sex charges filed against father, stepmother
By Nate Carlisle
The Salt Lake Tribune

Posted: 9:40:37 AM- FARMINGTON - Prosecutors this morning filed first-degree felony murder charges against the Syracuse father and stepmother who allegedly beat to death 10-year-old Shelby L. Andrews.
In addition, Ryan and Angela Andrews both are charged with aggravated sex abuse of a child, also a first-degree felony. That's not the result of a sexual gratification issue, Deputy Davis County Attorney Bill McGuire said, but rather because some of the beatings the girl endured were focused on her vaginal area.
The couple remain in the Davis County jail. Ryan Andrews' bail is set at $500,000; Angela Andrews is being held without bail.
About 11:30 p.m. Tuesday, Shelby's 13-year-old brother called 911 saying the girl wasn't breathing. Emergency crews arrived at the Syracuse home and found Ryan and Angela Andrews performing CPR on Shelby.

More at link:
http://www.sltrib.com/utah/ci_4136190
When I first read about this and the neighbor was saying Shelby walked like she was "hiding something" I thought to myself she may have been sexually abused. Poor Baby, I swear this world can be so cruel to children. I hope this man and his wife get what is coming to them in jail!!!!!:furious:

WTF!!!!! They beat her in her genital area???? Someone needs to wrap his balls around his neck until he is dead and she is just as bad.

...The attorney representing Angela Andrews says she is not responsible for the death of their ten-year-old stepdaughter...
... "I can tell you that she did not cause the injuries that have been described, nor did she cause any injury that was directly related to the cause of death," said her attorney John Caine....
http://tinyurl.com/r4l9w

Goes on to say that the biological mom is responsible for the "old" injuries...and other cr** like that. The stepmom lived in the same house, didn't she? Then how could she NOT know what was going on? She's a mature woman, knows right from wrong (I'm assuming there)...so why didn't she turn the turd in?

None of them get any sympathy from this corner.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back