1142 users online (164 members and 978 guests)  


Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Cristmas night was special in this case

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    23 65.71%
  • No

    12 34.29%

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 40
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    579

    Was Christmas night special?

    Do you guys think that Christmas night was special or do you think that these events could have been played out any night of the year?

    What I mean is.
    Do you think is was something that is related to Christmas and only Christmas that led up to JBR's death that fatal night?

    If so, what special Christmas circumstance would it be?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    30,906
    stress, the incidence of child abuse cases skyrockets at Christmas time.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,384
    If Jon Benet were being sexually abused the killer may have felt this was the last time they would be able to before she went on vacation on the 26th.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    579
    Quote Originally Posted by Becba
    If Jon Benet were being sexually abused the killer may have felt this was the last time they would be able to before she went on vacation on the 26th.
    But then it is not special to Christmas, any holliday or trip away could in theory cause the events.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Linda7NJ
    stress, the incidence of child abuse cases skyrockets at Christmas time.
    Christmas is an extremely stressful time of the year, suicide rates always rise around Christmas time.
    Besides the money factor of Christmas, there is the stress of getting everything ready etc and spending time with people that you might not even necassarily like but have to spend time with because hey! it's Christmas and family gets together at Christmas.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    13,720
    I think Patsy put to much on her plate...I know Christmas is stressful for most people...but Patsy seemed to go to overboard with most things..maybe it was just all too much for her...I know I can go off over something that seems trivial,but its usually a build up of other things happening before hand.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,159

    Thumbs down

    I don't because there is evidence that JB was being chronically sexually abused. I don't believe it was Santa who was her abuser, so I don't think it was different than any other time, except that she ended up dead.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    "Christmas is an extremely stressful time of the year, suicide rates always rise around Christmas time.
    Besides the money factor of Christmas, there is the stress of getting everything ready etc and spending time with people that you might not even necassarily like but have to spend time with because hey! it's Christmas and family gets together at Christmas."

    That's what I would have said.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    8,868

    Was Christmas night special?

    For the person who abused JonBenet it probably represented an opportunity for unrestricted access.

    JonBenet's killer would be on vacation, most of the christian world would be on vacation, someone had reported that JonBenet was expecting a special visit at xmas time.

    JonBenet probably knew and dreaded what all this meant, she would be tense and angry inside, this may have been reflected in her arguments with Patsy, she had already soiled her underwear that day, was JonBenet trying to send a signal to someone, or had she been abused the previous night, leaving her in an extremely nervous state?

    So Christmas night was probably special for all the wrong reasons!


    .

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,384
    Quote Originally Posted by tumble
    But then it is not special to Christmas, any holliday or trip away could in theory cause the events.
    At this time I am leaning towards it being an incestuos act that went wrong. ( or rather, even more wrong than molestation) I think going on vacation would have put JB and the family member in a situation where he did not feel safe molesting her.
    Also I think Christmas did play into it. I remember reading about a family who's father married one of his daughters in a fake ceremony on Christmas. It had to have been like a gift to himself and torture for his "bride". Like wise I think JB's killer did not feel he was hurting her but loving her and this was a "present" for both of them. He likely built Christmas up as an opportunity to take the molestation one step further. The problem is JB did not enjoy it. As a child gets older they are more likely to tell or rebell. I think JB did something to create a problem for her molestor and he responded in anger.
    So, though it may have happened on any other holliday, I think Christmas was a time the family member was at home more, doing more family things with her and set aside that special date to gratify himself more.
    IMO a person that some feel is the strong silent type may just be a person who is stoic and emotionally unavailable for others.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,182
    Quote Originally Posted by Becba
    At this time I am leaning towards it being an incestuos act that went wrong. ( or rather, even more wrong than molestation) I think going on vacation would have put JB and the family member in a situation where he did not feel safe molesting her.
    Also I think Christmas did play into it. I remember reading about a family who's father married one of his daughters in a fake ceremony on Christmas. It had to have been like a gift to himself and torture for his "bride". Like wise I think JB's killer did not feel he was hurting her but loving her and this was a "present" for both of them. He likely built Christmas up as an opportunity to take the molestation one step further. The problem is JB did not enjoy it. As a child gets older they are more likely to tell or rebell. I think JB did something to create a problem for her molestor and he responded in anger.
    So, though it may have happened on any other holliday, I think Christmas was a time the family member was at home more, doing more family things with her and set aside that special date to gratify himself more.
    IMO a person that some feel is the strong silent type may just be a person who is stoic and emotionally unavailable for others.
    Yep.
    Be wary of the quiet types, waters run deep.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    202
    Christmas had very much to do with it. The myths of the holiday season run deep into history and deep into our souls.

    Psychotics very often exhibit behaviors with displays of mythic patterns and images.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,384
    Daddy's gonna give you a secret present. It is gonna be for Christmas. Jon Benet loves her daddy.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    202
    Daddy didn't put up 12 trees and later write in a book that purple had a place in Christmas that year.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Ceti Alpha V
    Posts
    13,221
    "Daddy's gonna give you a secret present. It is gonna be for Christmas. Jon Benet loves her daddy."

    What a horrible thought!

    "Be wary of the quiet types, waters run deep."

    Often, but don't overlook the obvious. While you're watching a quiet one, a noisy one might kill you! Let's say you're in a bar. One guy's off in the corner, silently drinking his ale, another guy's banging on the bar with a machete, screaming, "I'll kill the next (blank) who comes in here!"

    Who ya gonna watch?

    "Daddy didn't put up 12 trees and later write in a book that purple had a place in Christmas that year."

    What are you getting at, Paradox?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Saturday Night Special: Biggest Full Moon of 2009 (Already!)
    By Dark Knight in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-13-2009, 02:46 PM
  2. The Christmas Night photos
    By Nehemiah in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 05-11-2007, 11:49 AM