Cristmas night was special in this case

• Yes

Votes: 23 65.7%
  • No

Votes: 12 34.3%

• Total voters

tumble

Reaction score
Do you guys think that Christmas night was special or do you think that these events could have been played out any night of the year?

What I mean is.
Do you think is was something that is related to Christmas and only Christmas that led up to JBR's death that fatal night?

If so, what special Christmas circumstance would it be?

stress, the incidence of child abuse cases skyrockets at Christmas time.

If Jon Benet were being sexually abused the killer may have felt this was the last time they would be able to before she went on vacation on the 26th.

Becba said:
If Jon Benet were being sexually abused the killer may have felt this was the last time they would be able to before she went on vacation on the 26th.
But then it is not special to Christmas, any holliday or trip away could in theory cause the events.

Linda7NJ said:
stress, the incidence of child abuse cases skyrockets at Christmas time.
Christmas is an extremely stressful time of the year, suicide rates always rise around Christmas time.
Besides the money factor of Christmas, there is the stress of getting everything ready etc and spending time with people that you might not even necassarily like but have to spend time with because hey! it's Christmas and family gets together at Christmas.

I think Patsy put to much on her plate...I know Christmas is stressful for most people...but Patsy seemed to go to overboard with most things..maybe it was just all too much for her...I know I can go off over something that seems trivial,but its usually a build up of other things happening before hand.

I don't because there is evidence that JB was being chronically sexually abused. I don't believe it was Santa who was her abuser, so I don't think it was different than any other time, except that she ended up dead.

"Christmas is an extremely stressful time of the year, suicide rates always rise around Christmas time.
Besides the money factor of Christmas, there is the stress of getting everything ready etc and spending time with people that you might not even necassarily like but have to spend time with because hey! it's Christmas and family gets together at Christmas."

That's what I would have said.

For the person who abused JonBenet it probably represented an opportunity for unrestricted access.

JonBenet's killer would be on vacation, most of the christian world would be on vacation, someone had reported that JonBenet was expecting a special visit at xmas time.

JonBenet probably knew and dreaded what all this meant, she would be tense and angry inside, this may have been reflected in her arguments with Patsy, she had already soiled her underwear that day, was JonBenet trying to send a signal to someone, or had she been abused the previous night, leaving her in an extremely nervous state?

So Christmas night was probably special for all the wrong reasons!

tumble said:
But then it is not special to Christmas, any holliday or trip away could in theory cause the events.
At this time I am leaning towards it being an incestuos act that went wrong. ( or rather, even more wrong than molestation) I think going on vacation would have put JB and the family member in a situation where he did not feel safe molesting her.
Also I think Christmas did play into it. I remember reading about a family who's father married one of his daughters in a fake ceremony on Christmas. It had to have been like a gift to himself and torture for his "bride". Like wise I think JB's killer did not feel he was hurting her but loving her and this was a "present" for both of them. He likely built Christmas up as an opportunity to take the molestation one step further. The problem is JB did not enjoy it. As a child gets older they are more likely to tell or rebell. I think JB did something to create a problem for her molestor and he responded in anger.
So, though it may have happened on any other holliday, I think Christmas was a time the family member was at home more, doing more family things with her and set aside that special date to gratify himself more.
IMO a person that some feel is the strong silent type may just be a person who is stoic and emotionally unavailable for others.

Becba said:
At this time I am leaning towards it being an incestuos act that went wrong. ( or rather, even more wrong than molestation) I think going on vacation would have put JB and the family member in a situation where he did not feel safe molesting her.
Also I think Christmas did play into it. I remember reading about a family who's father married one of his daughters in a fake ceremony on Christmas. It had to have been like a gift to himself and torture for his "bride". Like wise I think JB's killer did not feel he was hurting her but loving her and this was a "present" for both of them. He likely built Christmas up as an opportunity to take the molestation one step further. The problem is JB did not enjoy it. As a child gets older they are more likely to tell or rebell. I think JB did something to create a problem for her molestor and he responded in anger.
So, though it may have happened on any other holliday, I think Christmas was a time the family member was at home more, doing more family things with her and set aside that special date to gratify himself more.
IMO a person that some feel is the strong silent type may just be a person who is stoic and emotionally unavailable for others.

Yep.
Be wary of the quiet types, waters run deep.

Christmas had very much to do with it. The myths of the holiday season run deep into history and deep into our souls.

Psychotics very often exhibit behaviors with displays of mythic patterns and images.

Daddy's gonna give you a secret present. It is gonna be for Christmas. Jon Benet loves her daddy.

Daddy didn't put up 12 trees and later write in a book that purple had a place in Christmas that year.

"Daddy's gonna give you a secret present. It is gonna be for Christmas. Jon Benet loves her daddy."

What a horrible thought!

"Be wary of the quiet types, waters run deep."

Often, but don't overlook the obvious. While you're watching a quiet one, a noisy one might kill you! Let's say you're in a bar. One guy's off in the corner, silently drinking his ale, another guy's banging on the bar with a machete, screaming, "I'll kill the next (blank) who comes in here!"

Who ya gonna watch?

"Daddy didn't put up 12 trees and later write in a book that purple had a place in Christmas that year."

What are you getting at, Paradox?

Paradox said:
Daddy didn't put up 12 trees and later write in a book that purple had a place in Christmas that year.

John recalled how beautiful JonBenet looked Christmas Eve....in her purple velvet dress with velvet shoes.

Yes he did and when asked he couldn't tell anyone what Patsy wore that night. But he knew Jonbenet wore a purple velvet dress. Kinda strange.

SuperDave said:
"Daddy's gonna give you a secret present. It is gonna be for Christmas. Jon Benet loves her daddy."

What a horrible thought!

"Be wary of the quiet types, waters run deep."

Often, but don't overlook the obvious. While you're watching a quiet one, a noisy one might kill you! Let's say you're in a bar. One guy's off in the corner, silently drinking his ale, another guy's banging on the bar with a machete, screaming, "I'll kill the next (blank) who comes in here!"

Who ya gonna watch?

"Daddy didn't put up 12 trees and later write in a book that purple had a place in Christmas that year."

What are you getting at, Paradox?

Hahaha you're a funny guy :D
Generally speaking just because someone is quiet, that doesn't neccasarily mean there's nothing go on upstairs.
God knows what they might be thinking :p

Toltec said:
John recalled how beautiful JonBenet looked Christmas Eve....in her purple velvet dress with velvet shoes.
She actually wore purple on Christmas Eve? I didn't know that. Are you sure John said that? If so, Patsy dressed her IN PURPLE!

The Christmas religious "purple" theme by Anthony Hodges about Patsy has been talked about alot. I keep my mind open but try to make sense of either IDI or RDI. Like Paradox, the only way I could figure RDI was the "purple" thing. If Patsy did it, there had to be something very psychotic there. Interesting, where does this psychosis originate from? Patsy reflected that the purple ribbon in the trees might have been a symbol for the sacrifice at Easter being brought into Christmas. I saw her last interview as well and she mentioned the sacrifice again, stating that no other religion had that. It's almost like another person started talking.

Also, the My Twin Doll Christmas Present seemed strange. Patsy said that JonBenet was not impressed. It's a strange present to give and makes me wonder who the present was really intended for.

Then there's the Shooting Star poem by her friend Susan Merriman. It's like the purple thing. Susan might have been consoling Patsy that JonBenet did not die in vain; she was actually sacrificed by God. Patsy said she doesn't believe God causes bad things, but he makes good with it. But God is all powerful and he has a plan and according to the poem (which Patsy had obviously introduced at her last interview), he sacrificed JonBenet at Christmas like a Shooting Star (not the Wandering Star). Talk about mixed but connected messages.

Maybe the rage was building. Maybe one part of Patsy didn't realize what was going on, but another part of Patsy used this sacrifice thing to rationalize her feelings and excuse the act that which was inevitably to come. Couldn't wait til Easter?

On the other hand, how can John and the rest of the family all put up a front about this? If Patsy was really psychotic, then they must know. If they know, then how come they don't talk?

Therein lies the mystery. Must I flip back to the intruder theory to make sense of all this?

I would be very disgusted to think someone could just blame God for our evil doings. Is God's plan not evil, even if a little girl experienced the ultimate terror and pain and lost her infinite life that Christmas night?

She actually wore purple on Christmas Eve? I didn't know that. Are you sure John said that? If so, Patsy dressed her IN PURPLE!

In such a short space of time she went from beautiful JonBenet to ashen JonBenet dressed in a jumble of clothes, asphyxiated and sexually assaulted, and it was not meant to happen it was like accidental?

I dont think so!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefdartz
Back