Petition For the Morning After Pill

Bobbisangel

Reaction score
Some of you may be against the "morning after pill" but for those who aren't there is a petition being signed to send to that FDA reminding them of their promise to keep pushing for this pill to be available over the counter.

I'm not good with posting links so maybe someone could do that for me. I'll put the info here and hopfully someone will be kind enough to finish it for me..thanks ahead of time.

It is my understanding that the "morning after pill" PREVENTS a person from becoming pregnant at all so in my mind it isn't like an abortion pill but instead a blessing...especially in certain situations like date rape, stranger rape, etc.
........................................................................................................

The FDA's announcement that it is leading itself to a vote shows great hope for every woman who wants better access to emergency contraception.
Sign the petition urging the FDA to follow through on its promise!

NARAL Pro-Choice America is using this opportunity to rally support from women all around the country to ensure that the FDA votes, once and for all, on making Plan B available for over-the-counter use.

Join them in urging the FDA to support its own internal recommendations and finally take action to increase women's access to Plan B! Go to: http://go.care2.com/e/Lyy/OH/OpfU

Thanks for your help today.

Lauren Alvarez,
Care2 and ThePetitionSite Team

Thanks for the heads-up on this, BobbisAngel. I'll sign it and forward the link to everyone in my address book.

The medication can be taken immediately after unprotected intercourse, or at any time up to about 72 hours later and prevents a pregnancy from starting in 90% of cases.

The "morning-after pill" (ECP)—are hormones that act both to prevent ovulation or fertilisation, or possibly, post-fertilisation, subsequent implantation of a blastocyst (embryo).

ECPs are not to be confused with chemical abortion methods that act after implantation has occurred.

Since they act before implantation, they are considered medically and legally to be forms of contraception.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morning-after_pill

I think in cases of rape the "morning after" pill would be an answer to prayer.

:waitasec: I thought this was already available. About 3 or 4 years ago, my friend found herself in the situation to need the morning after pill. I think the brand name is "Plan B". Being a weekend, she went on the internet, found a site, answered some medical questions, entered her credit card information and the name, phone & fax number to her pharmacy, and within hours a prescription was faxed to her pharmacy. She picked it up without any problem. Maybe there are differing policies on this for each state?

julianne said:
:waitasec: I thought this was already available. About 3 or 4 years ago, my friend found herself in the situation to need the morning after pill. I think the brand name is "Plan B". Being a weekend, she went on the internet, found a site, answered some medical questions, entered her credit card information and the name, phone & fax number to her pharmacy, and within hours a prescription was faxed to her pharmacy. She picked it up without any problem. Maybe there are differing policies on this for each state?
Wow, that's interesting. There have been a number of problems getting the morning-after pill approved for safe distribution. It is a politically-charged issue. Of course, it's pretty common knowledge that if you take 2-3 birth-control pills, you will get the same effect as the morning-after pill, ie...you will start your period. I know people who have done that because it was less difficult than obtaining the morning-after pill.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woohoo3
Back