Thread: WA - Kimberley Kay Kersey, 17, Vancouver, 11 March 1987

WA - Kimberley Kay Kersey, 17, Vancouver, 11 March 1987

I don't think Kimberley Kay Kersey is posted on websleuths. Her information:

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/386dfwa.html

it seems like doe case

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/22ufca.html

has a lot of similarities like age, height, hair color, time of disappearance/discovery.

Because of the reconstruction of the victim, I'm sure they wouldn't look exactly alike, including the hair. Also, if teeth were missing or chipped, I assume it could've happened around the time of her death.
    Last edited by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed; 06-04-2010 at 08:03 PM. Reason: updated doe network links

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mooner123 For This Useful Post:

If you haven't already submitted it you should, looks pretty good to me.

I just emailed the Doe Network and emailed another person from a website for Kimberley. I hope I hear back from someone soon.

The two females do look a lot alike. I hope that you hear something back.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...engerdead.html

(Note that link pulls up wonky, just scroll down to see article)

Friday, March 14, 2008 - Page updated at 08:29 PM

Russell Francis Stenger was serving a life sentence for abducting, raping and murdering Cascade Park wife and mother Dail Lea Schroeder in 1987.

He died March 1 at Stafford Creek Corrections Center in Aberdeen.

The state Department of Corrections says Stenger died of natural causes.

Stenger was also on a short list of suspects in the 1987 disappearance of Kimberley Kersey...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Kat For This Useful Post:

Bumping for Kimberley. Now missing 24 years.
    Last edited by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed; 03-11-2012 at 04:24 PM.
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

*BUMP*

Missing 25 years today.
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Missing 26 years today.

Search never ends after a child goes missing

More than 25 years has passed since 18-year-old Kimberley Kersey vanished on her way home from school.

And even though her father, Ed, knows it isn't likely he'll ever see Kimberley alive again, he isn't willing to let go of that remaining sliver of hope.

More: http://www.columbian.com/news/2012/m...-goes-missing/

Remembering Kimberley K. Kersey -Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/RememberKim

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

Was this match ever submitted to LE? Kimberley isn't listed as a rule-out: https://identifyus.org/en/cases/7660

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alllads For This Useful Post:

I ended up submitting this match to LE myself, who had a look and have just replied saying it was not a match. She is now listed as a rule-out.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to alllads For This Useful Post:

New age-progression for Kimberly, to age 44. She turned 45 this past December.

http://www.missingkids.com/poster/NCMA/1150484/1#poster

New article referencing Kimberley and tells of a detective, Lindsay Schultz, who is part of the newly formed cold case division and has never forgot about this case..

A number of other cold cases from the area are also listed.

http://www.columbian.com/news/2014/j...f-and-running/

" Forming the team

Though the idea to form a cold case unit is one that floated around the sheriff's office for years, the most recent efforts were headed by Lindsay Schultz.

A major crimes detective from 2009 to 2013, Schultz remembers the day she stumbled upon the case files for Kimberly Kersey. The name is one she never forgot. Schultz was 7 years old when she saw the picture of the blond-haired teen on a missing poster outside a 7-Eleven.

"My dad told me someone kidnapped her," she said. "I always wondered what happened."

Kersey was 18 when she went missing in 1987. She had left Mountain View High School to walk home but was never seen again. Her school books were found on a path she routinely walked near her parent's apartment.

Schultz started looking into her case and the other unsolved cases with leads that had gone cold. Soon, Schultz was carving out time on Fridays to investigate these old crimes.

"I couldn't put the cases down … I have a heart for it," she said. "I started going through them, and I saw a need."

She knew her sporadic free time wouldn't solve the cases. Schultz and Major Crimes Sgt. Kevin Allais met with members from the Portland Police Bureau Cold Case Unit to see how Clark County could put something similar together. After sending out letters to retired investigators, drafting general orders and getting everything approved through the administration and sheriff's office guilds, the cold case unit was formed."

bbm

20. The Following User Says Thank You to dotr For This Useful Post: