1014 users online (181 members and 833 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Madonna Angers the Vatican

http://www.accessatlanta.com/news/co...y_Madonna.html

Madonna's Concert Crucifixion Draws Ire
    ROME Madonna's plans to stage a mock crucifixion during a Sunday concert in Rome have drawn fire from religious leaders, who have condemned the stunt as "an act of open hostility" toward the Roman Catholic Church.

During the concerts of her "Confessions" world tour, the American diva appears crucified on a mirrored cross while wearing a crown of thorns.

That skank would do anything to sell a concert ticket.

I believe they should just ignore her - this is giving her the publicity she craves, IMO.

just the reason why she stooped to such 'shock tactics'.

yeah, she would do anything to sell tickets as it's clear she's well past her sell-by date.

I like Modonna but I do think this "stunt" is tacky.. There is no need for it.. Yes, free speech and all that BS, but this is plain o'l disrespectful..

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

Quote Originally Posted by PaperDoll
    I like Modonna but I do think this "stunt" is tacky.. There is no need for it.. Yes, free speech and all that BS, but this is plain o'l disrespectful..
    I like Madonna just fine as well but I think this is lame and disrespectful. I see it as a desparate, pathetic attempt to garner attention.

I read somewhere today that Madonna and her cute hubby plan to renew their wedding vows. Maybe it will be a Kaballah ceremony, or has she tossed those beliefs out the door, too?

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMom
    I read somewhere today that Madonna and her cute hubby plan to renew their wedding vows. Maybe it will be a Kaballah ceremony, or has she tossed those beliefs out the door, too?
    It was in the newspapers last weekend that Madonna and Guy plan to adopt a baby and have contacted Angelina and Brad for advice. Not sure how true this is, watch this forum, there might be a 'Madonna and Guy' thread very soon???

http://www.entertainmentwise.com/news?id=20074

Guy seems so quiet and she is so outrageous, I often wonder what he thinks when she does these things to shock, I mean it's not as if she is still the young kid she was when she came on the scene in the 80's. Maybe I'm a little old fashioned but I'm sure if I acted like Madonna my kids would be well embarrassed!!

I can not stand her. She is so fake in every sense of the imagination including her fake british accent ...isn't she from Detroit or something...I could care less what the B@@@@ does because she is only doing it to keep her sorry a## in the media spotlight. But, I should try to be more honest w/ my feelings...not hold anything back

Is she doing this stunt in every city or just Rome?

I think Madonna express's her anger at the Church through her art which is music. I think even at 50 she is rebelling against the traditional roles placed on the Italian Catholic women of her childhood and family.
    Welcome to the World Baby Caleb!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tybee204
    I think Madonna express's her anger at the Church through her art which is music. I think even at 50 she is rebelling against the traditional roles placed on the Italian Catholic women of her childhood and family.

That's a good point. I never thought about it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin
    Is she doing this stunt in every city or just Rome?
    Every city.

So, what's new?

>I think Madonna express's her anger at the Church through her art which is music. I think even at 50 she is rebelling against the traditional roles placed on the Italian Catholic women of her childhood and family.<

As a Christian I am deeply offended and see this as hate speech. Will her career be over like Mel Gibsons? Will this dominate the airways and will Hollywood be called upon to shun her? Will there be a call to boycott her recordings and shows?

Madonna has expressed her hatred of the Catholic church in many ways over the years and has suffered absolutely no consequences for it. When she does it's "expressing herself through her art". If she had come out and depicted Mohammed in an offensive way would the outcry be louder? How about she came out wearing a headscarf or a burka wearing a suicide vest to express her anger towards Islam. Do you think that would create a bigger controversy and calls for her to be condemned for hate speech? I can assure you, her career WOULD be over and all of her friends would burn their little red Kabballah bracelets.

Madonna isn't doing this to express her repressed Catholic upbringing. From what I've read of her past she came from a very normal middle class Catholic family her mother died young from cancer I believe and her father remarried. How was she repressed? She was hardly forced into any kind of traditional role. She wasn't forced into a convent or forced to marry and have 10 kids. She led a very free life from a young age. She became a sleazy pop star that simulates sex in her stage acts, simulates lesbianism with other pop tarts, makes fun of the Catholic church and uses it's most sacred icon for shock value to gain a buck and has posed with her legs spread apart in a book of sexual poses. She then joined a fake religion that insults Jews IMO. This stuff is done for it's shock value alone and to make even more money to keep her has-been career going. Nothing surprising here except that there will be little outrage. What part of her new-found religion looks favorably upon this type of behavior?

Mel Gibson got drunk and says Jews are responsible for all of the wars in the world. But last I looked he was still married to the same woman, raises his kids to be decent human beings, is married to their mother making them all legitimate, stays away from Hollywood parties and keeps his pants on.

Mel makes a movie about Jesus' death and is mocked and reviled. Madonna makes fun of Jesus and will make a big bunch of money and still be a media darling. Go figure. This country suffers from a lack of moral clarity.
    Sherlockmom

You cannot reason someone out of a position that they did not use reason to get to in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    That skank would do anything to sell a concert ticket.
    Skank! Good word! Madonna in a nutshell!!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast