CA - Substitute Teacher admits Molesting Girls

bakerprune64

Former Member
Reaction score
Ontario police are investigating claims by a substitute elementary school teacher that he has molested between 100 and 200 girls in elementary schools where he has taught in the Inland Empire over the past three years....

Eric Norman Olsen, 28, of Ontario, was arrested after a student at Berlyn Elementary School went to school authorities and reported seeing Olsen inappropriately touching a 10-year-old girl in a classroom over a period of two and a half hours.

After that report, other students came forward and corroborated the student's claims.

When police spoke with Olsen, they said he admitted to molesting the girl and made the claim that he had been molesting girls at schools where he has substituted.

http://www.nbc4.tv/news/9628443/detail.html

If he infact did molest 200 kids, that would be an average of 5 1/2 kids a month. Sick F...er:furious:

What is going on with these male and female teachers in this age bracket anyway? It seems that everytime I listen to the news another teacher has struck.

How could it be possible that this little girl is the first child that has said something about this teacher....out of all of the kids that he has molested?
I wonder who she told...her mom or someone else and then they told? I'm surprised that this teacher has admitted that he has molested so many kids. If he hadn't said something no one would have ever known. Maybe he wants to be stopped or something. Well, want to or not he is stopped now. I hope he doesn't get a slap on the hand and his teacher's certificate taken away.

THIS and the at least 100 cases just posted here alone is why people homeschool.

Not to mention many school systems STINK. I find it a shame that homeschooling isn't as widely accepted as it should be.

Bobbisangel said:
What is going on with these male and female teachers in this age bracket anyway? It seems that everytime I listen to the news another teacher has struck.

How could it be possible that this little girl is the first child that has said something about this teacher....out of all of the kids that he has molested?
I wonder who she told...her mom or someone else and then they told? I'm surprised that this teacher has admitted that he has molested so many kids. If he hadn't said something no one would have ever known. Maybe he wants to be stopped or something. Well, want to or not he is stopped now. I hope he doesn't get a slap on the hand and his teacher's certificate taken away.
I heard something on the news the other night about this guy. The detective said something about the manner of his molestation. The kids may not have realized that they were being molested and that he was getting gratification from whatever he was doing to them. I'll have to find the updated story tonight. I'll post it tomorrow.

The bar for substitue teachers is fairly low. School districts take people as subs that they would never accept as fulltime teachers--uncertified, untrained (other than a day or so perhaps of "training.") The work is uncertain and the pay while okay--does not provide a decent living. In some school districts, it is $50 a day. It is basically good parttime work--or temporary work for some people--so there is always a shortage.

School districts are also notorious for banning a sub at one school and not making it district wide. They are desperate for subs for teachers, but that does not excuse them.

As a fulltime teacher, I often did not take my sick leave because I wasn't sure who would be in my classroom--and I worked in a great district. So you can only imagine how the others fare.

Until we demand better--and pay for it--we will find ourselves with these losers. There are costs that can be cut in schools,but salaries of teachers and subs are not those costs. Some schools hire "permanent subs." Those are teachers who agree to be available every day for subbing in particular schools. It's a great idea--but paying for it is another question. Not all principals are willing to sign on--or all district administrators.

Good public schools are the backbone of a strong economy.

bakerprune64 said:
I heard something on the news the other night about this guy. The detective said something about the manner of his molestation. The kids may not have realized that they were being molested and that he was getting gratification from whatever he was doing to them. I'll have to find the updated story tonight. I'll post it tomorrow.
BP, there was another thread started on this where I posted the local paper that has all the updates on this case.

http://websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41719

As of today there are possibably 12 little ones in my District alone that may have been victims.

Texana said:
The bar for substitue teachers is fairly low. School districts take people as subs that they would never accept as fulltime teachers
But this was not the case with Eric Olsen, he had full credidentials and had passed all background, and other.........same as regular teachers. He like many others who have never been caught had no crimminal background.

Out here, at least in my District Sub teachers make now about $150 a day for subbing, depending on the subject. Eric Olsen was teaching in Special Ed classes which makes this all more distrubing.:(

SNIP:

Additional charges may be filed against Olsen in connection with the new allegations within the next several days, Ortiz said. The speed with which that happens will depend on how quickly detectives in Rancho Cucamonga and Fontana complete their investigations, Ortiz said.

During a short interview Sunday, Ortiz said allegations against Olsen might have surfaced sooner if a school district had notified police immediately when the alleged contacts were reported to them. He did not name the school district in question. "We're in contact with the school district to see where the lines of communication went down," Ortiz said.

http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_4144969

Tom'sGirl said:
SNIP:

Additional charges may be filed against Olsen in connection with the new allegations within the next several days, Ortiz said. The speed with which that happens will depend on how quickly detectives in Rancho Cucamonga and Fontana complete their investigations, Ortiz said.

During a short interview Sunday, Ortiz said allegations against Olsen might have surfaced sooner if a school district had notified police immediately when the alleged contacts were reported to them. He did not name the school district in question. "We're in contact with the school district to see where the lines of communication went down," Ortiz said.

So there have been other children who complained about this man but the complaints didn't go any further then within the school...that is how I read this. So the fault goes right back to the people who were aware but did nothing about it. I wonder if the school thought that the kids were making things up because they were special ed kids?

I wonder about the child who did bring this to light. Maybe her parents went straight to LE instead of to the school. If "whoever" at the school was aware of this yet didn't contact LE then someone's head should roll.

http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_4149098

Complaints surfaced nearly eight months ago about a substitute teacher who stands accused of molesting a 10-year-old girl in June during class.

On Monday, Jacqueline Hunt questioned if the complaints made by her daughter and two others -- reports filed six months before the incident that resulted in Olsen's arrest -- were properly handled.

"(School officials) led us to believe that it was handled," Hunt said. "But obviously if it was, maybe he wouldn't have been teaching anymore."

Hunt declined to comment Monday on exactly what happened, but on an appearance for the "Today Show" Sunday, she reportedly said Olsen forced her daughter to sit on his lap during class.

The report is similar to what police say Olsen did to a 10-year-old girl in June at the Berlyn School in Ontario. Police say Olsen had the girl sit on his lap, then stroked the girl's back under her shirt.

Central School District Superintendent Sharon Nagel said Monday that after Hunt and two others complained Dec. 20, the district removed Olsen from its substitute list and forwarded a report to the San Bernardino County Department of Children's Services. Asked why police weren't notified, Nagel referred the question to a district lawyer who did not return phone calls.

Abuse suspect's arrest could have come sooner
[size=-1]Press-Enterprise (subscription) - Riverside,CA,USA
... The two elementary school students reported in December 2005 that Eric Norman Olsen had inappropriately touched them at a Rancho Cucamonga elementary school ...
[/size]

Ex-Teacher Enters Plea; Molest Inquiry Widens
[size=-1]Los Angeles Times - CA,USA
Eric Norman Olsen, 28, who has taught in Riverside, San Bernardino and Kern counties, pleaded not guilty Monday to three felony counts of committing lewd and ...

[/size]Allegations first lodged in '05
[size=-1]Inland Valley Daily Bulletin - Ontario,CA,USA
Thursday: Police arrest substitute teacher Eric Norman Olsen, 28, on suspicion of molesting a 10-year-old girl at Berlyn Elementary in the Ontario-Montclair ...[/size]

Bobbisangel said:
Tom'sGirl said:
I wonder about the child who did bring this to light. Maybe her parents went straight to LE instead of to the school. If "whoever" at the school was aware of this yet didn't contact LE then someone's head should roll.
Authorities say the incidents were caught only because the other student saw and informed school officials, who called police. Several other students interviewed by police substantiated the witness account.

http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_B_teacher05.4ba83cb.html

christine2448 said:
Olsen says charge is blown out of proportion
[size=-1]Inland Valley Daily Bulletin - Ontario,CA,USA
Eric Norman Olsen, 28, admitted he allowed girls to sit on his lap but that he never forced them to do so, and refuted accusations he molested anyone. ...[/size]
Oh Fuc*ing whatever!!:furious: He said that he had MOLESTED betweeen 100-200 students. Needs to be taken into the GP and placed on Bubba's lap for a few hours, then he can see what it feels like:mad:

SoCal teacher denies confessing he molested more than 100 girls
[size=-1]San Jose Mercury News - CA, USA
In a jailhouse interview with the Inland Valley Daily Bulletin, Eric Norman Olsen said he allowed girls to sit on his lap but that he never forced them to do so ...
[/size]More Girls Claim Molestation By Substitute Teacher
[size=-1]NBC4.TV - Los Angeles,CA,USA
ONTARIO, Calif. -- Since the arrest of substitute teacher Eric Norman Olsen for the alleged molestation of a girl in a classroom at Berlyn Elementary School ...
[/size]

Unreported allegations raising questions

Be sure and click his (PDF) statement 08/03/06 on the right column at the link below, unbelievable. I had to enlarge it quite a bit to read it. http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_4165695

• After all the complaints, he has continued to sub and was even recently offered a Permanent Site Substitute position with Moreno Valley Unified at March Mountain High School.
  • He say's he has very little enthusiasm for sub teaching now, all he thinks about now is launching his aviation career
  • Says he got erections, but didn't touch them inappropriately when they were sitting on his lap.

Tom'sGirl said:
Unreported allegations raising questions

Be sure and click his (PDF) statement 08/03/06 on the right column at the link below, unbelievable. I had to enlarge it quite a bit to read it. http://www.dailybulletin.com/news/ci_4165695

• After all the complaints, he has continued to sub and was even recently offered a Permanent Site Substitute position with Moreno Valley Unified at March Mountain High School.
  • He say's he has very little enthusiasm for sub teaching now, all he thinks about now is launching his aviation career
  • Says he got erections, but didn't touch them inappropriately when they were sitting on his lap.
The school district that failed to report this guy is going to get sooooo suuuuued.

BillyGoatGruff said:
The school district that failed to report this guy is going to get sooooo suuuuued.
Well, at this point it appears to be more than one District, but I wasn't surprised as the one I'm familiar with has done so in the past on other allegations.

No getting around the fact that the parents should have also contacted the LE and followed up the allegations.........disgusting!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back