GUILTY CA - David, 57, Toni, 55, & Ashley Menard, 16, slain, Northridge, 4 Aug 2006

It will be interesting to see how this plays out. I hope that it is not the son that murdered his family. :(

Just reported on Fox News 11 that a 21 year old has been charged with stabbing his parents and his teenage sister to death. I believe she attended Granada Hills High School.

Will provide link when I find it.

Son Arrested in Northridge Family Massacre
KTLA News
August 4, 2006, 8:52 PM PDT

A 16-year-old girl and her parents were found murdered Friday morning at their Northridge area home. And tonight the couple's 20-year old son is under arrest for the grisly slayings.

The victims are identified as 56-year old David Menard, his wife 55-year old Toni and daughter Ashley.

-> more at link:
http://ktla.trb.com/news/ktla-northridgebodies,0,892257.story?coll=ktla-newsspecial3-1

On KTLA they reported that the father was a real estate broker and the mother was a psychiatric nurse.

What a tragedy! WHY???

Another family murdered :furious: I hope it isn't the brothers too. I wonder where they had been to be coming home at 6 a.m.? I wonder if the daughter was trying to get away or if she had been coming home from somewhere. This is just to sad. Whoever did this must not have been after the whole family or they would have made sure that the boys were at home. I wonder what the familys financial status is....thinking about motive. That is the only motive I can think of for children to murder their parents.

There is a thread about this on the "Crimes" forum and the 20 yr old son was arrested this evening. The article doesn't mention the other son. That is about all that was said.

Liz said:
Son Arrested in Northridge Family Massacre
KTLA News
August 4, 2006, 8:52 PM PDT

A 16-year-old girl and her parents were found murdered Friday morning at their Northridge area home. And tonight the couple's 20-year old son is under arrest for the grisly slayings.

The victims are identified as 56-year old David Menard, his wife 55-year old Toni and daughter Ashley.

-> more at link:
http://ktla.trb.com/news/ktla-northridgebodies,0,892257.story?coll=ktla-newsspecial3-1

On KTLA they reported that the father was a real estate broker and the mother was a psychiatric nurse.

What a tragedy! WHY???

Money? Didn't want to wait for what he though was his due? I hope he doesn't say that he had been molested by his dad all of his life. I wonder if the family was wealthy?

The sister must have been trying to get away from him. I can't imagine the terror she must have felt. She must have witnessed what he did to the parents and ran. He's 20 yrs and old enough to get the death penalty which is what I think he should get. How could he do that to his family?

The first article that came out about this tragedy said that there are two sons. I just wonder why they notified LE at 6 a.m. and where they said they had been? How could the second son not know what the first son had done or had he been gone? Why didn't he murder his brother? I wonder if they are both involved and one is taking the full blame and protecting his brother? If that is so, LE will get to the bottom of it eventually.

Brandon Menard is a creepy guy when one reads his blogs. Something about the way his mind works scares me. Obviously, people around him were the victims of that evil mind. :furious:

Very intersting read, his blog entries, and writings,

I will be keeping an eye out for further news on this case,

it could be his worst nightmare, that he came home and found his family dead, or he could have made it their worst nightmare and stabbed them all to death,

time and the media will tell us

Bobbisangel said:
...There is a thread about this on the "Crimes" forum and the 20 yr old son was arrested this evening. The article doesn't mention the other son. That is about all that was said.
Unfortunately, this was my first thought when reading the initial article. It didn't jive that the parents and sister were killed and they weren't. Can you say Menendez??

LE have said the eldest son Scott (27) is not involved,

have to wait to see if Brandon is charged,

from one news report David, Brandon and Ashley were all to go to a scout meeting on Friday evening, but according to someone who attended the meeting only Brandon turned up, wonder what explanation he gave and if it was a truthful explanation for why they never attended,

It will be important to find out when they were all last seen alive, and to establish when they were murdered,

except for his blogs they sound like a good family, but as anybody who is interested in crime finds out what seems like a nice family on the surface may have internal problems,

on one of his blogs he makes a comment about killing his family, it's done in what he probably thought was a jokey way but will come back to haunt him,

His blogs will be a huge source of info for LE,

joe jones said:
Very intersting read, his blog entries, and writings,

I will be keeping an eye out for further news on this case,

it could be his worst nightmare, that he came home and found his family dead, or he could have made it their worst nightmare and stabbed them all to death,

time and the media will tell us

yeah, this is the first i've heard of this...very creepy, but interesting guy, Brandon...hmmm

misterallgood said:
There is much more to this story.

http://crimeblog.us/?p=23

Brandon Menard apparently wanted to be a writer, and he wrote a lot.

Steve
Hi Steve, great writing once again.
Who is the "Kevin" person that you mentioned Brandon reminds you of? I went to the blog link that you posted and can't figure out who he is. I see he's from Oklahoma. Did he kill his family or someone? I noticed his writings stop in April of this year.

I can't think of who he is!!
:(

Please respond if you can!
Thanks

PrayersForMaura said:
Hi Steve, great writing once again.
Who is the "Kevin" person that you mentioned Brandon reminds you of? I went to the blog link that you posted and can't figure out who he is. I see he's from Oklahoma. Did he kill his family or someone? I noticed his writings stop in April of this year.

I can't think of who he is!!
:(

Please respond if you can!
Thanks
Kevin Underwood, who is alleged to have kidnapped, murdered, raped, and who planned to eat 10-year-old Jamie Boling (sp?) earlier this year. Around the same age, similar writing style.

Hope that helps! Sorry to be cryptic.

Steve

misterallgood said:
Kevin Underwood, who is alleged to have kidnapped, murdered, raped, and who planned to eat 10-year-old Jamie Boling (sp?) earlier this year. Around the same age, similar writing style.

Hope that helps! Sorry to be cryptic.

Steve
thanks! I know now who you mean. Gosh, how could I have forgotten about that weird one!! :eek:

Family Died of Stabbings

LAPD Officer Norma Eisenman said Brandon Menard was the only suspect in the slayings.​
"We believe he acted alone," Eisenman said.

Police did not disclose a motive or the evidence that led them to arrest Menard, 21.​
*******​
Menard's father would also come by the shop to see if his son was available for lunch, Rice said.

Menard's father "was involved in his life," Rice said. "It wasn't like he didn't care what he was doing."​

L.A. Man Arrested in Slayings of Parents, Teenage Sister

Neighbor Rita Horowitz said that the Menard family was "strange."

"They were pretty much to themselves," Horowitz said, saying sometimes they would talk and the next time they wouldn't, "so we pretty much left them alone ... but basically we were not surprised." Horowitz said she called the son who was arrested "Columbine," for the odd way he dressed.

More: http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=local&id=4435479

Any charges filed yet?

From a news clip I saw, his brother said he had dinner with Brandon the night before the murders, and when asked if he thought he did it apparently responded "he's my brother" not a ringing endorsement for his innocence,

LE quite tight lipped for now on motive and/or evidence,

but a little snippet from the lady who delivers the mail, she said she had not seen Brandin round for a few weeks, his car parked at home but she had not seen him, she has delivered the mail for a long time, and will be a good source of info about local gossip about family

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Quincy_M.E.
Back