Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Three family members found dead in Northridge

Thanks for the welcome. I went to Kennedy and my fiancÚ went to Granada. Class of 04. You talking about the Farrells that was by Kennedy? I really couldn't believe all this when I found out, I actually knew a few people that were friends with Brandon, which I discovered after the incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Phis View Post
    Thanks for the welcome. I went to Kennedy and my fiancÚ went to Granada. Class of 04. You talking about the Farrells that was by Kennedy? I really couldn't believe all this when I found out, I actually knew a few people that were friends with Brandon, which I discovered after the incident.
    No, the one that used to be on Reseda Blvd.
    Please help locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff and bring them home.

http://articles.latimes.com/2006/aug...me-northridge9

an artcile from 2006 just after he was charged, we are now into the 5th year post the murders and nothing seems to be happeneing, there was supposed to have been a hearing in November 2010 but I can find nothing on the net referincing this hearing,

I wonder if there will be a trial in 2011, they need to get a wriggle on after all this time, I wonder if his defence is still my dad killed mu mom, I killed my dad trying to stop him, I had a mental breakdown and shot my sister,

Quote Originally Posted by Phis View Post
    Anyone have any updates on this by chance? This happened 1 city block from my house and I never could really find anymore info on it till I came across this site. Ashley Menard used to come over to play with my fiance's cousin at her house and they really took it hard when they got the news. I was trying to look up any additional court dates with the case number and name but i have no idea where to look anymore. Thanks for any info.
    L.A. County Sheriff's Department Inmate Search:

http://app4.lasd.org/iic/ajis_search.cfm

Menard, Brandon

Next Court Code: M101 Next Court Date: 01/18/2011 Next Court Time: 0800 Next Court Case: PA05639401

Court Name: VAN NUYS MUNI CT DIV 101
    Court Address: 14400 ERWIN STREET MALL Court City: VAN NUYSUPT

5. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by joe jones View Post
    http://articles.latimes.com/2006/aug...me-northridge9

an artcile from 2006 just after he was charged, we are now into the 5th year post the murders and nothing seems to be happeneing, there was supposed to have been a hearing in November 2010 but I can find nothing on the net referincing this hearing,

I wonder if there will be a trial in 2011, they need to get a wriggle on after all this time, I wonder if his defence is still my dad killed mu mom, I killed my dad trying to stop him, I had a mental breakdown and shot my sister,
    Actually, his sister was stabbed to death, outside by the pool, not shot. She was frantically calling 911 moments before being attacked. The father was the only victim who was shot.

There have been countless delays in this case, with no explanation in the media. There have been hearings scheduled almost every month, which have been continued to the following month. Four-and-a-half years now since his arrest, and no trial. The fact that the prosecution is seeking the death penalty may have something to do with the delay, but 4 1/2 years seems excessive.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:

There appears to be no movement on either side for a plea deal, such as taking the DP off the table in exchange for LWOP and a guilty plea,

and although it is a DP case it surely does not take over four years to test the evidence, to interview witnesses, to have discovery from both side issues all done and dusted,

there is no insanity issue that I can see that will delay the trial, as surely defence would have filed the notice that they were going forward with an insanity defence,

it is usually families that make known there frustration with delays in trial dates, I do not know if there are any surviving family except for Brandon and his older brother, and his brother did make a few initial comments immediately post the murders I have seen no public comment from him or any other family since,

I also wonder if all 3 children were adopted,

Quote Originally Posted by joe jones View Post

I also wonder if all 3 children were adopted,
    Yes, they were all adopted.

http://articles.latimes.com/print/20...al/me-family11

10. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:

ARREST
    Arrest Date: 08/04/2006 Arrest Time: 1900 Arrest Agency: 4235 Agency Description: LAPD-ROB/HOMI DIVISION

Date Booked: 08/04/2006 Time Booked: 2214 Booking Location: 4273 Location Description: LAPD - JAIL DIVISION

BAIL
    Total Bail Amount: NO BAIL Total Hold Bail Amount: 0.00 Grand Total: NO BAIL

HOUSING LOCATION
    Housing Location: CJ

Permanent Housing Assigned Date: 06/02/2009 Assigned Time: 1015 Visitor Status: N

Facility: MEN'S CENTRAL JAIL
    Address: 441 BAUCHET STREET City: LOS ANGELES

Public Visiting Guidelines Facility Visiting Schedule

For County facility visiting hours, Please call (213) 473-6080 at Inmate Information Center.

COURT
    Next Court Code: S101 Next Court Date: 02/22/2011 Next Court Time: 0800 Next Court Case: PA05639401

Court Name: L A SUPERIOR COURT DEPT 101
    Court Address: 210 W. TEMPLE STREET Court City: LOS ANGELESUPT

RELEASE
    No Information On Release Date.

BLAH!

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Benny08 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Benny08 View Post
    ARREST
    Arrest Date: 08/04/2006 Arrest Time: 1900 Arrest Agency: 4235 Agency Description: LAPD-ROB/HOMI DIVISION

Date Booked: 08/04/2006 Time Booked: 2214 Booking Location: 4273 Location Description: LAPD - JAIL DIVISION

BAIL
    Total Bail Amount: NO BAIL Total Hold Bail Amount: 0.00 Grand Total: NO BAIL

HOUSING LOCATION
    Housing Location: CJ

Permanent Housing Assigned Date: 06/02/2009 Assigned Time: 1015 Visitor Status: N

Facility: MEN'S CENTRAL JAIL
    Address: 441 BAUCHET STREET City: LOS ANGELES

Public Visiting Guidelines Facility Visiting Schedule

For County facility visiting hours, Please call (213) 473-6080 at Inmate Information Center.

COURT
    Next Court Code: S101 Next Court Date: 02/22/2011 Next Court Time: 0800 Next Court Case: PA05639401

RELEASE
    No Information On Release Date.

BLAH!
    additional BBM.

It's also moving to a different courthouse, this time to Superior Court, downtown L.A.
    I wonder why the change? Perhaps this case is finally moving towards trial.

btw, I was just about to post this information when I saw you had already done it!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:

Almost five years since his arrest, and still no trial or explanation for the many delays! He's already had a preliminary hearing and was bound over for trial on three counts of murder, special circumstances. I've never heard of a five-year delay, even in a death penalty case.

Search: Menard, Brandon

Next Court Code: S101 Next Court Date: 05/12/2011 Next Court Time: 0800 Next Court Case: PA05639401

NOTHING in the news anywhere about this case. Each month, a court date, and each month the same...postponed. Very strange.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:

http://www.ktla.com/news/landing/ktl...,6413872.story

pleads guilty to all charges, looks like he did so to escape DP, senrenced 2nd June

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to joe jones For This Useful Post:

from the article linked above:

Menard faces three consecutive sentences of life in prison without parole, in addition to a term of 25 years to life.

Sentencing is scheduled for June 2.

Prosecutors say they still have no motive for the killings.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JoeFromLB For This Useful Post:

Wow. I figured he'd do this but I thought he'd do it like 4 years ago.

supposed to be sentenced today, am checking the net for any reports, I wonder if his brother continues to keep in touch with Brandon, otherwise unless he can get himself some prison penpals it will be a long and lonely sentence to serve

http://www.scpr.org/news/2011/06/02/...s-adoptive-pa/

sentenced to 3 life sentences plus 25 years, his brother and other family members spoke at sentencing, they are still struggling to come to terms with the murders and have no idea why Brandon would murder his family

Brandon has yet to explain why he did it

24. The Following User Says Thank You to joe jones For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234