PA - Ryan McAfee for raping 6-month-old boy, Johnstown, 2003

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
EBENSBURG – A Johnstown man was found guilty yesterday on all charges in the brutal rape of a 6-month-old baby who suffered life-threatening injuries from the assault.

Ryan McAfee, 19, faces more than 70 years in prison when he is sentenced Feb. 10 by Judge Timothy Creany.

Three of the charges – rape, involuntary deviate sexual intercourse and aggravated assault – carry mandatory minimum terms of five years in prison each. Whether Creany will run those sentences together or one after the other is up to him.

McAfee, who did not take the stand, appeared stunned by the verdict. He has maintained his innocence through statements by defense attorney John Kasaback.

Tiffany Ragan, the baby’s mother, sobbed when the verdict was announced. She rushed from the court, ignoring reporters’ questions. Ragan’s aunt and grandmother, who declined to give their names, expressed satisfaction with the conviction. “Justice has been served for the baby.

He suffered a severe skull fracture, life-threatening tears in his throat and external rectal injuries.

Full Story from the Tribune Democrat

The mom obviously has some problems... her and the accused were shooting up heroin prior to him raping the infant.... the child still does not live with the Mom... poor little guy, hopefully he will fully recover.

I can't fathom what sexual interest a man would have in an infant or child, this guy is just a cruel, deviant, sick &$#%#

I read this thread days ago and did not post as I was very disturbed by it. I have not been able to get this poor child out of my head. I am not exagerating (sp?) when I tell you that this story is haunting me.
That man needs to be shot in the head at point blank range and thrown into a pit of acid, never to be thought of again.

Brefie... I agree :(

I am so sorry you are haunted by this - I think that is a good thing as I have heard too many stories and I am starting to harden and brush them off... and maybe that is not such a good thing.

I remember when little Jamie Bulger was murdered by those two boys in England and it haunted me for years, kept thinking about it, I was so upset...

Anyway, please try not to dwell, I know it is hard not to... the little boy will recover and hopefully will be placed with a good loving family.

Brefie said:
I read this thread days ago and did not post as I was very disturbed by it. I have not been able to get this poor child out of my head. I am not exagerating (sp?) when I tell you that this story is haunting me.
That man needs to be shot in the head at point blank range and thrown into a pit of acid, never to be thought of again.
Some of these stories haunt me too. When I was pregnant with one of my kids, my Mom was working in a Pediatric Emergency Room. She had a baby boy come in with this situation also. She had to vent, but I lost sleep over it. I can't imagine the physical pain this child has endured.

Casshew...thanks so much for your kind words. I remember Jamie Bulger very well. I believe his killers were released in 2001 or 2002. My bet is that they were released the year before....the whole country would have been waiting for an 18 yr old and his mother (both with Liverpool accents) to move in next door. That story was also very disturbing.

This story, though.....How could anyone....on second thought, I'll keep it to myself, no point in horrifying anyone else.

Please, God, this child will recover and have a life other already fortunate children only dream of.

Oh, and you can throw the mother in that pit of acid, too....for the life of me I can't think of a good use for her, either.

Jeez, I don't have any children of my own, yet....can you imagine when I do??

Brefie.. I have a 10 year old daughter... and a couple of months ago the school called me at work at 10:30am to ask why she was not at school.

I about had a heart attack... she WAS at school.. she left the house at 8:30am - it is a 5 minute walk and we chat on 2 way radios as she goes to school and comes home everyday.

It was a mistake... the teacher had ticked the wrong name on the attendance sheet... but I was on hold for like 5 minutes while they were double checking and my hand was gripping the phone so tightly it ached for a day afterwards. I was a mess after that call... I actually felt physically ill and went home from my office early, I was in tears and I swear it took 5 years off my life.

So yes! I can imagine how you will be when you have kids... just like me!!! Welcome to being a parent in todays world.

Casshew....I remember that day!! Didn't you post the story on the LP forum? I remember reading it and having to remind myself that it must be okay as you would hardly be posting if not!

It's a very sad world we are living in. The fact that your 10 yr old has a need for a 2 way is crazy, but totally understandable.
Before I rant about children having cell phones, I remind myself that my own wouldn't be let out of my sight without one.
So very, very sad.

P.S. Cashews are my favorite nut.

This happened about 60 miles from where I live, It is all over the papers here.

How sick can an individual be ? :furious: :banghead: :furious:

I'd be willing to bet that once in jail, this sick son of a will get exactly what he deserves, and none too soon in my book. :furious:

I pray to God that the mother NEVER gets her hands on this child again. How dare she put that baby in harm's way by doing HEROIN and letting that disgusting scum bag get his hands on him! She need to be in prison with this guy. I hope they throw his *advertiser censored* to the wolves when he gets to prison. In fact, they should turn him around every prison in the United States so they can all take a turn on him. :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

This man is definitely one very sick guy and I hope he gets "exactly what he deserves--and more" in prison. I hope the mother never gets her hands on this child again. Doing heroin with this guy and allowing him to do what he did to this child should get her a hefty prison sentence also, IMO. :furious:

Ryan Keith McAfee

Jury Trial
Sentence Date: 01/13/2005

Offense: Rape/Victim Under 13
Sentence: 7 years - 20 years - Base

Offense: IDSI/Victim Under 16
Sentence: 7 years - 20 years - Concurrent

Offense: Aggravated Indecent Assault/Victim Under 16
Sentence: 2 1/2 years - 10 years - Concurrent

Offense: Aggravated Assault
Sentence: 5 years - 10 years - Consecutive

Offense: Simple Assault
Sentence: 9 months - 5 years - Concurrent

Offense: Reckless Endangerment
Sentence: 6 months - 2 years - Concurrent

Offense: Endangering the Welfare
Sentence: 1 year - 5 years - Consecutive

Sum Total: 13 years - 35 years

Projected Release Date: Unknown

ETA: This guy has numerous prior charges that were either Nolle Prossed or resulted in Probation. Maybe if he had been given a real sentence for all of those charges, he wouldn't have been available to hurt the baby. I usually try to list priors, but frankly it's just too many.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back