brothers die in same type of crash, same location, same date

JinxieJada

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/9639174/detail.html

BUTLER, Pa. -- A double tragedy has impacted a Pennsylvania family.Two brothers were killed in separate motorcycle accidents on the same road within two hours of each other on Saturday, authorities said. One was headed to the scene of his brother's accident. Steven Kerr, 37, died shortly before 9 p.m. when his motorcycle crashed into a speed limit sign on state Route 38, state police said.

Less than two hours later and about 100 yards away, 29-year-old Jeremy Kerr, was fatally injured when his 2004 Suzuki crashed into the rear of a vehicle stopped in traffic because emergency crews were still on the scene of his brother's accident, police said.Police said Jeremy Kerr was speeding and not wearing a helmet as he headed for the scene of his brother's accident. The occupants of the other vehicle suffered minor injuries, police said.

Randy Kerr said that his brother Jeremy was buying his motorcycle from Steven, who had received it in a will from a friend who died in a crash on the same bike, according to the Pittsburg Tribune Review.

Steven Kerr was married, and Jeremy Kerr was divorced. Jeremy was the father of two girls, ages 9 and 5. A fund to help Jeremy Kerr's daughters has been set up at the Farmers National Bank under the name of Nancy Kerr -- the mother of the men. Fund Information: Farmers National Bank
207 S. Washington St.
PO Box E
Eau Claire, PA 16030
Phone: 724-791-2591
How does one even begin to comprehend something like this, let alone explain it to someone else?

There was a very similar story to this awhile ago, very similar circumstances IIRC.

Tragic. thanks for posting.

My God. I'm not sure as a mother I could take something like this. I would more than likely have to be put away. That poor family.

Two brothers killed in separate motorcycle accidents on same road on same

BUTLER, Pa. A freakish double tragedy for one Pennsylvania family.

Two brothers were killed in separate motorcycle accidents on the same stretch of road within just two hours of each other. One was headed to the scene of his brother's accident.

Steven Kerr was killed when his motorcycle crashed into a speed limit sign. Less than two hours later, and only about 100 yards away, his younger brother was fatally injured when his motorcycle crashed into the rear of a stopped vehicle. Police say he was speeding as he headed for the scene of his brother's accident.

More: http://www.whotv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5248284&nav=2HAB

okay that merge was so fast it made my head spin.

So your brother has an accident on his motorcycle and is fatally injured and you speed to the scene of the accident wearing no helmet and you are going to fast and not paying attention to the point that you don't see the cars stopped in what has basically become a parking lot and......I can't feel much sympathy. I am just glad he did not kill or seriously hurt the poor folks in the car he hit.

curious1 said:
So your brother has an accident on his motorcycle and is fatally injured and you speed to the scene of the accident wearing no helmet and you are going to fast and not paying attention to the point that you don't see the cars stopped in what has basically become a parking lot and......I can't feel much sympathy. I am just glad he did not kill or seriously hurt the poor folks in the car he hit.
I've been guilty of speeding before & don't know anyone that hasn't. I definately have sympathy....I mean, it's not like he was out committing heinous crimes. He was speeding. Sure, maybe it wasn't the smartest thing to do, but geez, under the cirumstances, I could understand how this could happen. He wanted to get to his brother ASAP, ran out the door without his helmet.....
I have ALOT of sympathy for him & his family. This is horrible.

that's an incredible story---I had a motorcycle at 17 one summer--it was a blast--a lot of fun--but too dangerous--gave it up that year--never been on one since

curious1 said:
That is a little harsh. My sons are so close and if one thought the other was in trouble and he needed to be there, satan himself couldn't stop him. Emotions run very high, and unfortunately we sometimes make horrible sometimes tragic mistakes.

ITA that was a harsh thing to say! If someone called and told me my brother wasx dead or seriously injured in a wreck Im not sure the first thing on my mind would be to grab a helmet, but to get there. Might not make sense NOW but if it were you in that SAME situation, you have no idea how you will react. My bestfriend in hs died in a wreck and her father did the same thing, well not died but rear ended a car cuz he wasnt thinking, saw the wreck and the police and just didnt pay attention to the car in front of him.

Since both boys were killed in motorcycle accidents I was just thinking that maybe both were in the habit of not wearing helmets and speeding. I spend a lot of time on the highways and I see at least 2 motorcycles on the road each day and one out of 2 is popping wheelies, and criss crossing traffic with no regard to lanes. We have had several people killed here in the past few months and all have been young punks on bikes that were reported by witnesses to be popping wheelies and speeding just prior to the accidents. I was just taking a guess that both were probably careless riders. If so, I have no sympathy for them, but loads of sympathy for their parents, especially the mother. How awful to have 2 children die in one day. I do not have sympathy for people who are injured or killed while acting stupid. If they were not acting stupid I apologize. Now, that said, I have a dear relative who was injured in a motorcycle accident last year. His rear tire just blew out on him while he was making a turn. He's been riding motorcycles since he was a teen and he's in his late 60's now and this is his first accident ever.

What do you call someone riding a motorcycle with no helmet? An organ donor.

Curious, I've seen a HUGE number of morons on motorcycles zipping down the highways. I think they forget that they need to be more cautious that automobile drivers usually and in this case, I'm sure his mind was anywhere else but the road. Its a very very sad case, but frustrating to be sure.

With the way people drive cars around here I would be extra careful on a motorcycle. If you end up an a 'fight' with a car, guess which one's gonna win?

I have heard them called 'Donorcycles' by nurses. :eek:

Jeana (DP) said:
What do you call someone riding a motorcycle with no helmet? An organ donor.

Curious, I've seen a HUGE number of morons on motorcycles zipping down the highways. I think they forget that they need to be more cautious that automobile drivers usually and in this case, I'm sure his mind was anywhere else but the road. Its a very very sad case, but frustrating to be sure.

I call them DonorCycles.

And then the motorcyclists complaint about mandatory helmet laws. Well, riders, don't wonder anymore. I guarantee THAT family won't wonder anymore.

Sigh. Motorcycles, if not driven EXTREMELY carefully, can be VERY dangerous. Unlike a car, which will just get dents and cost money, a motorcycle accident is almost always fatal and ALWAYS causes some injuries to the motorcycle driver. Unfortunately, even if you drive a motorcycle safely, you still run the risk of being hit by a car and getting injured.

Did anyone else get the part about the first brother was riding a motorcycle that had been willed to him from a friend that had died in an accident while riding that same bike!!

How creepy.

I feel nothing but sympathy for all involved.

curious1 said:

If I got the news that my brother had just been killed in an accident I might just jump on my motorcycle without thinking about anything but getting to him. Believe me, when you find out that a loved one is dead your thinking isn't logical...all you can think about is getting to where they are. I'm sure that this young man didn't purposely go without a helmet and yes he was going over the speed limit like most people do when something horrible has happened. It's such a shame that he wasn't watching ahead of him to see the traffic backed up but I would imagine his mind was already at the accident and feeling the loss of his brother. Such a tragic thing to happen. I feel great sympathy for the family of the brothers. I can't imagine being their mother and coping with the loss of two sons at the same time. How sad.

You have such a lack of compassion. I guess that you have never lost a loved one to a tragedy or you would understand where a person's mind is when they receive such news. I hope that you never have to find out the hard way.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vigilandy
Back