908 users online (166 members and 742 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 23
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    14,163

    Giant panda gives birth to giant cub: Pictures included (so cute!)

    Hi all! I didn't see this posted anywhere and after doing a search on the topic, I thought there must not be a thread on this yet. Sorry if I am wrong!

    You have to see this slide show.... lots of panda pictures.
    http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/even...BHNlYwNzc25hdg--

    Don't be mistaken, though. when you look at the picture, there appears to be two little eyes and a nose, but after looking more closely -- and I think this is correct -- you're just looking at it's mouth and two nostrils.
    Maybe you will see it right the first time and I am just a dork!!

    The story is here:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/china_panda_dc


    I just love animals
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    16,021
    Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura
    Hi all! I didn't see this posted anywhere and after doing a search on the topic, I thought there must not be a thread on this yet. Sorry if I am wrong!

    You have to see this slide show.... lots of panda pictures.
    http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/even...BHNlYwNzc25hdg--

    Don't be mistaken, though. when you look at the picture, there appears to be two little eyes and a nose, but after looking more closely -- and I think this is correct -- you're just looking at it's mouth and two nostrils.
    Maybe you will see it right the first time and I am just a dork!!

    The story is here:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/china_panda_dc


    I just love animals
    Well now that is just precious!

  3. #3
    curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    The Tarheel State - Go HEELS!
    Posts
    1,893
    Aren't they just precious. A little bit of life affirmation after that poor penguin story. The circle of life.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    1,384
    In picture #5 it looks like she is using her cub for dental floss!

    Hope she doesn't bite down too hard. lol

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    The Other End
    Posts
    25,761
    How CUTE I love pandas...


    This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,705
    I think its nose and mouth and his little eyes are still closed


    TOO cute

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ~*~ in the beautiful mountains of WV ~*~
    Posts
    1,342
    Aren't they dolls! They have such soulful eyes....

    AND this time, I second what Curious said!
    ~*~Think Globally, Act Locally! Please Recycle! ~*~

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    Posts
    1,414
    I'm just jumping on the panda love train. They are truly a passion of mine. I LOVE them to pieces. I'm currently obsessed with Tai Shan and Su Lin, the two cubs that we have in the US. I know, I'm a little crazy.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    16,107
    Sorry, I think that they are ugly at this point! Of course, they will be a little cuter in the months to come!!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,182
    Awww how anyone could think that was ugly .....it was absolutely too cute for words!!
    I had no idea how small they are when they are born!
    Thanks PFM
    Last edited by narlacat; 08-09-2006 at 01:32 AM. Reason: re phrased to not come out sounding like a bitch!


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,140
    Quote Originally Posted by narlacat
    Awww how anyone could think that was ugly .....it was absolutely too cute for words!!
    I had no idea how small they are when they are born!
    Thanks PFM


    Narlacat...That is what surprised me also, they are soooo tiny! I never imagined a bear that big having such tiny babies. Labor must be pretty easy!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    Posts
    1,414
    There is an excellent show on Animal Planet called "A Panda is Born". It chronicles the pregnancy and birth of the National Zoo's panda couple Mei Xiang and Tian Tian's cub Tai Shan. He's so small, he just pops out of her and literally hits a wall. The mom, Mei Xiang, is quite surprised to see him and since it's her first cub, she's a little unsure of what to do.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    3,140
    Quote Originally Posted by KrisNine
    There is an excellent show on Animal Planet called "A Panda is Born". It chronicles the pregnancy and birth of the National Zoo's panda couple Mei Xiang and Tian Tian's cub Tai Shan. He's so small, he just pops out of her and literally hits a wall. The mom, Mei Xiang, is quite surprised to see him and since it's her first cub, she's a little unsure of what to do.

    I'd love to see that, sounds very interesting. Why cant all births be so easy?

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    NSW Australia
    Posts
    9,182
    They can, just have a caesarian!
    I didn't feel a thing lol.

    KrisNine
    Not sure if we get Animal Planet, but will look out for it.
    I hope Mum Mei Xiang works out what to do with bubby

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA - I'm officially a "Valley Girl"
    Posts
    1,414
    Quote Originally Posted by narlacat
    They can, just have a caesarian!
    I didn't feel a thing lol.

    KrisNine
    Not sure if we get Animal Planet, but will look out for it.
    I hope Mum Mei Xiang works out what to do with bubby
    Narlacat, Mei Xiang has done a wonderful job. Her baby boy, Tai Shan, turned 1 year old on July 9. He now weighs in at a healthy 62 pounds Take a look...
    http://www.hankinslawrenceimages.com...b/taishan3.htm

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Too Cute-panda baby sneezing
    By Pharlap in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-18-2008, 04:16 AM
  2. Giant Panda Gives Birth at Zoo Atlanta
    By KrisNine in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 11-14-2006, 06:09 PM
  3. Giant Hug
    By mysteriew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-26-2005, 06:45 AM
  4. Woman Gives Birth To Giant Baby
    By Ike in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-21-2005, 01:30 PM