UK UK - Daniel Entwistle, 7, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, May 2003

missacorah

Reaction score
I recently went on holiday in the place where this little lad went missing in May 2003 and it my memory was jogged about his disappearence more than 3 years ago.

Apparently he had just been out to fetch some milk from the shop for his mum and had dropped it off at home. The last CCTV footage anyone has is of Daniel at the shop.

After he had dropped it home he went out on his bike and was never seen again.

A few days later what is believed to be his bike was found near a harbour wall close to where Daniel had been lost previously.

He is only 7 years old.

He has 2 brothers and lived with both biological parent swho had married the previous year to daniels disappearance.

On the news in the Uk today they have been saying how police have recieved an anonymous tip off that a house in Croydon near London may have childrens bodies buried in the garden. It says these claims could date as far back as 40 years ago. The current tenant has been in jail sonce 2004 for paedophile offences and it is thought the crimes were committed before he became tenant. However they are investigting the claim that he may have had access to the house before he became tenant as its suspected that a paedophile ring opated from there.

Hope poor little Daniel didnt fall prey to someone like this, but what on earth happened to him?

They are saying now that the allegations are that 2 children were buried in this gardne 30 years ago...

I remember Daniel. It was on the news all the time here in the UK. I think the general census was he fell into a river, as his bike was found nearby. So sad.

Dear oh dear and why has someone only just come forward I wonder?

By the way Edinburghlass, I'm no relation to the lovely Derek sadly lol!!!

http://uk.missingkids.com/03-004356

image1_profile.jpg

Norfolk police conduct fresh probe into missing people in county

We will not give up on tracing missing people - that was the message from a leading Norfolk detective who has been responsible for leading a review into more than 80 unsolved cases in the county.

[snip]

Seven-year-old Daniel disappeared from near his home at Copperfield Avenue, Great Yarmouth on Saturday 3 May 2003. His parents Paula and David Entwistle became concerned later that evening when he failed to return for tea and started to look for him, enlisting the assistance of friends and neighbours.

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/news...probe_into_missing_people_in_county_1_1167540

This little lads case really stays in my mind....he vanished on the same day as Maddie McCann but got hardly any publicity really. It seems to have been decided he was washed out to sea...but how dare the police just come to this conclusion? Look at little April Jones case, she was kidnapped we think then possibly washed out to sea (unclear as yet) so poss something happened to Daniel BEFORE he was put in the sea. IF he even did go out to sea.

David, Daniels' father expresses some views on the publicity (or lack of it) his sons case received and why!

The father of a seven year-old boy who has been missing for 11 years has claimed that the parents of Madeleine McCann have received “favouritism” over the campaign to find their daughter.
Norfolk Police launched an extensive hunt for Daniel Entwistle, of Great Yarmouth, who failed to return to his home on May 4 2003, four years to the day before the disappearance of Madeleine McCann in Portugal.
Daniel was captured on a local shop’s CCTV and his bike was found near a local quay, leading to a river bed search. But he remains missing 11 years on and the case faded from the headlines.
David Entwistle, Daniel’s father, questioned the resources and media attention which the McCann case still receives, seven years after her unresolved disappearance.
“I’ve got 110% respect for Madeleine. I hope she does get found but I can’t understand why they’re in the paper every couple of days,” Mr Entwistle told Channel 5 documentary, Madeleine McCann: A Global Obsession, which airs Tuesday night.
He added: “Feels like to me it’s favouritism because they’re up there and they’re always…they’re campaigning, they’re getting money here, there and left right and centre.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...ms-father-of-missing-norfolk-boy-9868280.html

Were the group of boys seen with Daniel the day he vanished identified and questioned?

Until a few years ago, I hadn't heard of him either. Do you think it's possible the case could be related to the Andrew Gosden case? I know they took place in different counties, but Robert Black travelled around the country delivering posters. Maybe something similar happened in this case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back