1134 users online (175 members and 959 guests)  

Websleuths News

Sturgeon whacks jet skier

WILDWOOD, Florida (AP) -- A man riding a personal watercraft was injured after a 4-foot-long sturgeon jumped out of the water and hit him, wildlife officials said.

Blake Nicholas Fessenden, 23, was heading north on the Suwannee River on Sunday when he was hit and fell off the craft, according to a statement from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission. Fessenden was knocked unconscious.

His girlfriend was riding another watercraft behind him and was able to get to Fessenden and hold his head above water before passengers on another vessel arrived to pull him from the water, officials said.

More at link.
    Too bad this didn't happen to Scott Peterson when he was dumping Laci's body.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrity
    hehe, I agree

This post is my opinion only, and is subject to making me look totally confused

Wink

Ditto.....
    Good that the guy is ok.....

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    Darn. I thought you only had to worry about barracudas doing this!!! My husband wants me to go deep sea fishing with him. We have a friend who owns a fishing charter service. I don't want to go because 1) I have been reading WS too long 2) I am afraid of those damn barracudas, they are mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntegrity
    LMAO I was thinking the exact same thing.

Well, now this guy knows how the fish feel when he skis over them.

Quote Originally Posted by curious1
    Darn. I thought you only had to worry about barracudas doing this!!! My husband wants me to go deep sea fishing with him. We have a friend who owns a fishing charter service. I don't want to go because 1) I have been reading WS too long 2) I am afraid of those damn barracudas, they are mean.
    Hehe...My hubby would love it, if I went deep sea fishing with him. I'm just not into it!! I wouldn't mind going fishing, you know at a lake or stream. Something of that sort. But I'm not a deep sea fishing kind of girl!