GUILTY FL - Jane Tackaberry, 53, murdered, 6yo injured, West Palm Beach, 8 Aug 2006

Shadow205

Reaction score
WEST PALM BEACH — Before daylight broke on Tuesday, 29-year-old John Tackaberry returned home to find a horror scene.

His 53-year-old mother had been stabbed to death.

And his 6-year-old son was critically wounded, his vocal cords cut.
He called 911 and officers soon began tracking down leads, but police offered little information as to who might have done this and why.

About eight hours after the 3:30 a.m. discovery, officers took Tackaberry back to the Spanish-style home on Avenida Alegra. Officers wanted him to call for the family dog. But he screamed, overcome with grief, and fainted.

He left the scene on a stretcher, headed to St. Mary's Medical Center, the same hospital where his son, Elijah, was in a medically induced coma with multiple stab wounds. Elijah was expected to recover.
more at the link http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localnews/content/local_news/epaper/2006/08/09/s1a_stabbed_0809.html?imw=Y

UPDATED: 11:34 a.m. August 09, 2006

WEST PALM BEACH — A woman bent on revenge recruited a local to help her break into her ex-boyfriend's home and kill his mother and stab his son, West Palm Beach police said.

Rhonda Norman, 34, of Boynton Beach told police she planned to kill her ex, John Tackaberry, because she believed he cheated on her.
She settled for his mother, 53-year-old Jane Tackaberry, who had kicked Norman out of the house.

Her alleged accomplice, Wes McGee, 21, also of Boynton Beach, barely knew her, but agreed to join her in return for the money he could steal from the house, police said.

Norman appeared in court this morning, but there was an outburst in the courtroom from John Tackaberry, who had to be held back.

McGee is scheduled for a court appearance at 1 p.m.

more at the link http://www.palmbeachpost.com/pbccentral/content/local_news/epaper/2006/08/09/0809murder.html

I'm glad they've got the creeps in jail. How horrible for that poor man to find his mother and son like that!

SewingDeb said:
I'm glad they've got the creeps in jail. How horrible for that poor man to find his mother and son like that!
Shades of Darlie Routier...except this time there really WAS and intruder.

I hope this little boy pulls through - what a terrible thing.

Why hold the dad back? I would surely understand if in a state of "passion" he did them mortal harm. Actually, I think it is a shame that creeps such as this are even given a "fair shake" in the justice system. Here we have a dead mom and a young boy who has suffered horribly...and the ones responsible are getting a free ride. Even if they are sentenced to death, that is years & years down the road. I don't know about anyone else but I don't have the patience of Job. I don't want to see them die "mercifully" after what they've done.

I hope I don't offend anyone BUT one of these days law-abiding citizens such as ourselves are going to grow tired of all this. We are going to mete out our own retribution and it won't be pretty. Once I would have only cried and kept my thoughts to myself, thinking those in power knew so much more than I. But after all these years I'm finding my voice and I'm finding it next to impossible to shut up....

amen sister I am right there with you. I'd kill the *advertiser censored* if he touched my little boy.

Ditto

Okay, after reading the full article and seeing the video I am so :furious: . This piece of trash thought that killing somone who cheated on her was justified and when he wasn't there thought 'well, I'll just kill his Mom and kid instead'. Oh she thinks she is so special that someone who cheats on her deserves to die. What a totaly piece of trash and waste of space. Find her guilty sentence her to death and let ME come to FL and flip this switch on this PIECE OF TRASH!!!!!!!

Oh my God I can not even imagine what kind of dirty filth of human beings these 2 are. I saw their pictures and they look disgusting and scary and I hope they rott in hell.

cathieq said:
Why hold the dad back? I would surely understand if in a state of "passion" he did them mortal harm. Actually, I think it is a shame that creeps such as this are even given a "fair shake" in the justice system. Here we have a dead mom and a young boy who has suffered horribly...and the ones responsible are getting a free ride. Even if they are sentenced to death, that is years & years down the road. I don't know about anyone else but I don't have the patience of Job. I don't want to see them die "mercifully" after what they've done.

I hope I don't offend anyone BUT one of these days law-abiding citizens such as ourselves are going to grow tired of all this. We are going to mete out our own retribution and it won't be pretty. Once I would have only cried and kept my thoughts to myself, thinking those in power knew so much more than I. But after all these years I'm finding my voice and I'm finding it next to impossible to shut up....

Well said! I admire you! Keep on talking! Your ONE VOICE can reach so many! :[)

If you read the article carefully it basically says she thought he was cheating on her. That video is pretty tough to watch, the guy's mom sounded like a wonderful person and her entire community is mourning. Let's just hope the little guy does okay and his throat heals quickly.

This woman and the hot oil pouring wife put a whole new lower level to evil.

Gmommy said:
If you read the article carefully it basically says she thought he was cheating on her.
Hey, I don't care if he was screwing every woman in the entire state. What this "woman", and I use that term lightly, did was beyond horrible. I say let her loose without police protection and I'm sure that boy's family, friends, and community would be HAPPY to take care of her punishment.

How sad for that man to walk into his home and find his mother dead and his little boy with his throat slit. I can't even begin to imagine. I'm so glad that the little one is alive and I hope they repaired his vocal cords.

Who did that cheap piece of crap think she was anyway. She "thought" he cheated on her for pity sake. I guess she decided to show everyone that they better not mess with her. Well lady, when you get to prison you might not think you are so great. There will be bigger and better women there then you are and when they find out you slit a child's throat don't be surprised if someone doesn't sneak up behind you and slit yours...watch your back witch.

2beautifulboys said:
amen sister I am right there with you. I'd kill the *advertiser censored* if he touched my little boy.
I second that.. I am continuously horrified that there individuals like this in the world.. I just can't understand how anyone could harm a child. I hope they string them up and torture them in a very ugly way. I can't imagine the terror that little boy felt when he was attacked so viciously. I am praying for his recovery and hope he and his father can some how move beyond this.

WEST PALM BEACH — At a court hearing this morning for 34-year-old murder defendant Rhonda Norman, the victim's daughter stood up to say Norman had tried to contact her several times in the hours after the attack.

"She called me several dozens of times. She called my brother after she killed my mother. Please stop this, judge," said Stephanie Rinzel.
<snip>
The judge, William Bollinger, explained to Rinzel that Norman was being held without bond and is banned from contacting her family.

He said Norman would not be allowed out unless there was another bond hearing.

Rinzel was surrounded by 30 friends and family members for today's short court appearance
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/pbccentral/content/local_news/epaper/2006/08/10/0810stabbing.html

I am at a loss for words...I have to sit back and close my eyes to get a grip. This is so horrible.

cathieq said:
I am at a loss for words...I have to sit back and close my eyes to get a grip. This is so horrible.

I hear you! I'd be scared to death of this woman even if she is put in prison for life. If she is capable of talking some other weirdo into going on a killing spree with her, she is capable of contracting a hit when she is in prison. The psycho witch called the victim's daughter after she murdered her, and if that isn't enough, I'll bet she slashed the boy's throat.

I felt like I was in a nightmare of the worst that I can ever have imagined. This was horrible....his confusion as he discovered was almost unbearable. Prayers for him and for all of us.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back