1245 users online (197 members and 1048 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy Human Fetus Found In Plastic Bag

Lisa Van Hoogmoed is reliving a moment she'd like to forget. "It was in a little bag. He had a cord on him and everything," she said.

She is standing near the spot where she saw a human fetus. Mobile police say the aborted fetus was discovered by a man using this portable toilet. Her alerted Van Hoogmoed, who called police.

"It was tied up in a little bag. It was about this big. I mean it had fingers, ears, eyes, toes. Its feet were about this big. I mean it was a person," Van Hoogmoed explained.

According to an autopsy report, the mother had a miscarriage about six months into her pregnancy, therefore police say this is not considered a homicide. Medical examiners say the fetus had a fatal brain defect and probably would not have lived very long after birth.

More: http://www.fox10tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5256363
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura
    Lisa Van Hoogmoed is reliving a moment she'd like to forget. "It was in a little bag. He had a cord on him and everything," she said.

She is standing near the spot where she saw a human fetus. Mobile police say the aborted fetus was discovered by a man using this portable toilet. Her alerted Van Hoogmoed, who called police.

"It was tied up in a little bag. It was about this big. I mean it had fingers, ears, eyes, toes. Its feet were about this big. I mean it was a person," Van Hoogmoed explained.

According to an autopsy report, the mother had a miscarriage about six months into her pregnancy, therefore police say this is not considered a homicide. Medical examiners say the fetus had a fatal brain defect and probably would not have lived very long after birth.

More: http://www.fox10tv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5256363
    So why not give the poor baby a proper disposal. The mother was not going to be charged with anything. No regard for humans in life or death, what a crying shame.

It's very sad

Poor little "fetus" with hands and toes ... To me, it was a person, not a "fetus".
    It's sad, sad sad...
    Rest in Peace to my best buddy and baby, Buster ~ He crossed the Rainbow Bridge on Jan. 3, 2011. I miss you, Buster and love you with all my being.

Maybe the mom didn't dispose of it. Maybe someone close to her told her they'd take care of it, and that's what they did. Not to be cruel, but a lot of people dispose of dead pets by throwing them in the garbage. In fact, if she had a miscarriage in a hospital, I'm pretty sure that's where it would end up, unless she made other arrangements.

Yes but thankfully most people think more of their CHILDREN than a dog that may have been hit by a car. I dont care what the situation, thats pretty cold hearted.
    Find Brian Shaffer!!
    www.findbrianshaffer.com

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

JUSTICE FOR AMBER!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex
    Maybe the mom didn't dispose of it. Maybe someone close to her told her they'd take care of it, and that's what they did. Not to be cruel, but a lot of people dispose of dead pets by throwing them in the garbage. In fact, if she had a miscarriage in a hospital, I'm pretty sure that's where it would end up, unless she made other arrangements.

I agree T-Rex

I remember long ago when I was a new nurse in labor and delivery. We had a mom give birth to a 5 1/2 month fetus. She was sedated and had told her physician ahead of time to just "take care of things." He carried it out of the surgical area in a surgical drape and handed it to a nurse and said "dont kill it dont help it."

She said ok and got a salad bowl out from the break room and lined it with a baby blanket. She placed 'it" inside nestled in the blanket. "she" was so very human we all felt really bad."she" was on the counter in the break room the rest of our shift. We all kept running back and peeking. It was so hard because just a few feet away we had babies in incubators that we were fighting to save. We finally took turns sitting there beside "her" while others covered for the one doing the "sitting". It took about three hours for no signs of life to occur. I was devastated. I cried my eyes out. The more experienced nurses took it in stride. The baby ended up in the incinerator. That is where everything ends up including organs, amputated limbs, fetuses etc..unless specified.
    The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
    Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura
    It's very sad

Poor little "fetus" with hands and toes ... To me, it was a person, not a "fetus".
    It's sad, sad sad...

I feel the same way. Just think how well formed a baby is by six months along. They could even tell that there was something wrong with the brain. Amazing isn't it. Do they still do partial birth abortions? I hope not. The idea that anyone could have a partial birth abortion is just sickening.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Rex
    T-Rex, I think a person is a little different than a pet. If she did miscarry at the hospital (and yes, they do dispose of aborted fetuses, miscarriages, etc.) then someone was lax in their job and should be reprimanded for it. I didn't get the impression from the story as that's what happened. Wonder how many other children she has that she felt this little one wasn't worth a proper burial. If she couldn't afford it at least let the city or a hospital take care of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Glow
    I agree T-Rex

I remember long ago when I was a new nurse in labor and delivery. We had a mom give birth to a 5 1/2 month fetus. She was sedated and had told her physician ahead of time to just "take care of things." He carried it out of the surgical area in a surgical drape and handed it to a nurse and said "dont kill it dont help it."

She said ok and got a salad bowl out from the break room and lined it with a baby blanket. She placed 'it" inside nestled in the blanket. "she" was so very human we all felt really bad."she" was on the counter in the break room the rest of our shift. We all kept running back and peeking. It was so hard because just a few feet away we had babies in incubators that we were fighting to save. We finally took turns sitting there beside "her" while others covered for the one doing the "sitting". It took about three hours for no signs of life to occur. I was devastated. I cried my eyes out. The more experienced nurses took it in stride. The baby ended up in the incinerator. That is where everything ends up including organs, amputated limbs, fetuses etc..unless specified.
    I'm not saying what you're telling isn't that truth but I just find that unbelievable. How could people allow an infant (even if you knew it was going to die anyway) sit in a bowl on the counter in the break room. Why didn't the doctor give the baby a shot or something. Did the baby suffer while it lay there dying? It would have been nice if someone had held her while she was dying.
    Sorry, I'm not attacking you but I think that's one of the most heartbreaking things I've heard (today).

I bet the mother was probably a teenager that didn't want her parents to find out she had been pregnant. Teen moms have been known to do worse, like disposing of full term babies. Poor little baby, it did deserve better than a plastic bag.

Within the heart of every stray lies the singular desire to be loved. Please consider a shelter or rescue pet.

Quote Originally Posted by Glow
    I agree T-Rex

Stories like this one make me incredibly sad...especially now. My neice was born 1 1/2 years ago at 23weeks of gestation. She was one of a set of twins and she was given less than 1% chance of survival. She was born with heart defects and had other significant premie issues. Her sister was given a higher chance of survivial as she was the bigger of the 2 girls. Baby A ( used for anonmity only)_ the larger of the 2 girls did not survive the night.. it was incredibly heartbreaking/devastating in fact. Baby B ( our miracle) born at 13oz in weight is still going strong and making incredible strides. She has undergone eye surgery, brain hemorages, major abdominal surgeries, heart surgery infections all before leaving the hospital mionths later .. with each of these she rebounded and now is healthier that anyone could expect. This baby who was essentially not given a chance to live...is the most loving, happy beautiful girl. She is a special one and a miracle. ..

so stories like this one above where no intervention is made sadden me greatly.. I think of our miracle and how much happiness and joy she brings.. each belly laugh ( which are frequent) and the sunny disposition .. I can;t imagine how different our world would be had she been placed in that bowl in a break room.. makes me tear up just writing this.

Quote Originally Posted by lizzybeth
    I'm not saying what you're telling isn't that truth but I just find that unbelievable. How could people allow an infant (even if you knew it was going to die anyway) sit in a bowl on the counter in the break room. Why didn't the doctor give the baby a shot or something. Did the baby suffer while it lay there dying? It would have been nice if someone had held her while she was dying.
    Sorry, I'm not attacking you but I think that's one of the most heartbreaking things I've heard (today).

I understand, I find it hard to comprehend also. I found it hard at the time!
    I guess to put it in perspective, this kind of thing goes on daily all across this country only the babies are a few weeks younger and there is an official name for it. Its called abortion.

I dont know the rest of the story Of the woman I mentioned above. I dont know why the Dr. made the decision he did either.

Here is another one hard to believe....

A young woman came in in labor. She was about 20 and she didnt want the baby. She was fully sedated and had the baby. The Dr made a few phone call and a few hours later a lawyer showed up and took the baby to its adoptive parents. The baby was only about 6 hours old when this happened. I was working in an adjoining area not in the nursery. There was lots of shushed talking and what we were told was that the baby was adopted by a judge who was a friend of this Dr.

At the time the most stunning part to me was how fast it happened.
    The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
    Bertrand Russell

When I was 32 weeks pregnant with my first daughter, I went to the doctor and was told that a heartbeat could not be detected. The next day I was put into labor and my daughter was stillborn. As I was laying there after having birthed my baby that I had so looked forward to taking home, the nurse came in and asked me if we wanted the hospital to "dispose" of her. A picture of my sweet little baby in the hospital dumpster immediately popped into my head!! That is when I totally lost it!!! We didn't have much money but we talked to the director of the local funeral home and he let us make payments and we were able to hold a small graveside service. Shortly after that we were able to get a headstone to commemorate her gravesite. I just can't understand what kind of heartless people could throw their child away!!!!

Hi mconeal,

I am so sorry that you eperienced that loss. You handled the situation with a lot of dignity and caring.

thanks for sharing your story

~ glow
    Bertrand Russell

I am going to play devil's advocate here for a few minutes..
    Lets say you have a miscarriage at home... Exactly what do you do??
    Most are not far enough along for it to really be an issue.
    But certainly (as tacky as this subject may be) WHat do you do when its obvious?

Lets be frank... (and gross tooo, sorry) But most miscarry either in a hospital or over the toilet.
    What do you do? Do you, already traumatized, call 911? Is it an emergency?
    I mean the emergency is over.
    Once while pregnant I miscarried and upon the signs of that being apparant I did go to the ER ... They sent me home.
    With absolutely NO idea what to do but suffer through it I guess.
    After, when it became MORE apparent, I called my regular Dr, who had me meet her at the(other local) hospital.
    But if not for that?? What do you do?
    There was no guidleline to follow. The hospital sent me home and said "your going to miscarry". They did this KNOWING how far along I was. In my case I had insurance.. (hubby worked for said hospital)

What exactly is the proper steps to take when you miscarry beyond 3 months at home?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast