766 users online (86 members and 680 guests)  

Websleuths News

CO - Two women charged in death of newborn, Strasburg, Oct 2005

STRASBURG, Colo. -- Authorities in Arapahoe County, Colo., are looking into the discovery of dead baby whose body was found in the back of a old pickup truck.

A man called authorities after he found the body in a box Wednesday night at a mobile home park located south of the town of Strasburg. He told Arapahoe County investigators that he found the body in a box among trash left in the truck.

Sheriff's deputies said the man told investigators he had bought the older-model vehicle just hours earlier and was cleaning it out.

Authorities have arrested a woman in the case. The woman, who has not yet been identified, was arrested for investigation of first-degree murder, and child abuse resulting in death.

Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson told KMGH-TV in Denver that there may be others involved in the case.

The body was sent to a coroner's office for an autopsy.

http://www.wjactv.com/news/9661278/detail.html

Killing a baby is pretty horrible. Leaving it with the trash is pretty horrible.
    FORGETTING ABOUT IT is unfathomable.

Quote Originally Posted by ajc2804
    STRASBURG, Colo. -- Authorities in Arapahoe County, Colo., are looking into the discovery of dead baby whose body was found in the back of a old pickup truck.

A man called authorities after he found the body in a box Wednesday night at a mobile home park located south of the town of Strasburg. He told Arapahoe County investigators that he found the body in a box among trash left in the truck.

Sheriff's deputies said the man told investigators he had bought the older-model vehicle just hours earlier and was cleaning it out.

Authorities have arrested a woman in the case. The woman, who has not yet been identified, was arrested for investigation of first-degree murder, and child abuse resulting in death.

Arapahoe County Sheriff Grayson Robinson told KMGH-TV in Denver that there may be others involved in the case.

The body was sent to a coroner's office for an autopsy.

http://www.wjactv.com/news/9661278/detail.html
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

I say it again, UN FLIPPIN BELIEVABLE!

I swear, some people are just disgusting! I have so many things that I want to put in this, but I would be put in time out!

Pic of Truck

The decomposing body of a baby was found in the back of this newly sold truck near Strasburg, Colo.

How in the he!! do you just forget that you put a dead baby in the back of a truck? I don't get it, I just don't get it.
    Retired 08/03/03

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow205
    How in the he!! do you just forget that you put a dead baby in the back of a truck? I don't get it, I just don't get it.
    I suspect this person might be what we would politely term as "mentally challenged". It's like the thinking of a child.

Wonder if it was a newborn? OK, found it. Full term or near full term. And she already has a 3 year old...Name: Christie Lee Cole, 23. I agree with BillyGoatGruff - she has to be mentally challenged. Surely....

From January 2009:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...body-sentenced

The Strasburg woman who helped a friend hide an infant's body was sentenced Thursday to 28 years in prison. Jennifer Teeters was found guilty of child abuse resulting in death in December...

Christie Lee Cole gave birth in October 2005 and gave the baby to Teeters, who put the crying baby girl in a box and left the box under a mobile home in Strasburg. It was very cold and the baby did not live long...

Cole pleaded guilty to fatal child abuse and was sentenced 39 years in prison.