AZ AZ - Pamela Frisby Page, 32, Peoria, 21 July 1989

anthrobones

Reaction score
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/21dfaz.html

PPage.jpg

Pamela Jane Frisby Page
Missing since July 21, 1989 from Peoria, Maricopa County, Arizona.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics Date Of Birth: January 18, 1957
Age at Time of Disappearance: 32 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8, 200 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Red, shoulder length hair; green/hazel eyes.
Marks, Scars: Mole next to nose, two moles on neck, small scar under chin. Her tonsils and adenoids has been removed. She has pierced ears. She wears glasses.
<LI>Jewelry: A gold neckless and a three color gold ring with 4 or 5 diamonds

Circumstances of Disappearance
Page was last seen on July 21, 1989. Page is believed to have disappeared between 8 AM and 4 PM that day. Her dachund disappeared with her. Her jewelry and drivers license and other ID were seen at her home after she disappeared. Her husband found a note purportedly written by Page; it stated that she was leaving home to live with a friend named "Sarah." The police have been unable to learn many details about "Sarah" and it is unknown if such a person even exists. Her husband later admitted to partially writing the note she was said to have left him.
Page stated in the note that her vehicle, a 1981 yellow Corvette, was parked in a donut shop parking lot in Phoenix, AZ. It was found the next day by her husband who admitted later to parking it there himself.
A businessman in Glendale, AZ reported that he believed he saw Page walking across a parking lot near the business she owned on July 24, 1989 -- three days after Page was missing. Pages' business was located at 67th Avenue and Greenway in Glendale. This is the last recorded sighting of Page since 1989.

It is believed that foul play may have been involved in Page's disappearance.

Wow. Her husband sounds like a real idiot.

Wait ,wait... he writes the "goodbye" note, parks the car, lies to police about both, and he wasn't charged with obstruction of justice? And the worst part is, I guess he probably killed the dog too.... :(

This husband has a smell about him IMO!!! Does she have any family who is fighting for justice?

OB

This sounds almost identical to the Lianna White case in Edmonton last year. In that case, the police managed to nail the husband within weeks. With the obvious interference by the husband in this case, I can't believe they haven't busted him by now. If it was so obvious that he was trying to mislead police as to her disappearence, it should have been a no brainer to wrap up. They must lack physical evidence, or perhaps the police are dealing with a DA that insists upon a body before prosecuting a murder. Makes me mad to see such solvable cases get shelved like this.

Pam and I were childhood friends, and grew up on the same block, in the 60s and 70s. We played Barbies, listened to records, talked about boys, and walked the few blocks to get a Coke, among other things. Her family has indeed been fighting for justice; they've made multiple trips to Arizona from Arkansas, over the years, trying to find their daughter and sister. Pam's parents are aging, now, and I would be so thankful if they could find her remains and bring her home. Pam's birthday was yesterday; she would have been 56. Oh, and Pam's husband died of cancer last year, taking his secrets to the grave.

Her husband later admitted to partially writing the note she was said to have left him.
Page stated in the note that her vehicle, a 1981 yellow Corvette, was parked in a donut shop parking lot in Phoenix, AZ. It was found the next day by her husband who admitted later to parking it there himself.

This may be the most obvious case I've seen where the husband probably had something to do with it and wasn't charged with anything. At least in the cases where "the husband woke up to find that his wife wasn't there anymore" has some sort of overnight disappearance. Or the cases where the husband states that "she (the wife) left him with some other man" has the husband sticking to their story. This guy couldn't even do that. It seems like husbands got away with so much more based on some flimsy alibis and explanations. Although, it could be that she wanted out and he helped her disappear which would explain why only one of the dogs went with her. Either way, it's a tragic case for the family as it's been 25 years with no answers.

Bumping for Pamela. Missing for 26 years now.

NamUs

Charley Project

Missing - Please Find Us Facebook Post

&#8220;We have always thought that Rob had something to do with her disappearance,&#8221; said Pamela's sister, Jimmie Rice. &#8220;We had no idea he had cancer until I received a phone call this week from my brother, Willie, who was married to Rob's sister, Bettina, that Rob had died. Now we may never know what happened to her.&#8221;

&#8220;We believe it is possible that Rob may have told his sister, Bettina, something on his deathbed, but she is not talking to us, and we have no access to search the house in case he may have left a note or something behind,&#8221; Rice said.

The above quote is from a few years ago. It's possible that she may have revealed something since then.

This July will mark 30 years since Pamela disappeared.

Bump just watched the UM case on her this is so sad seeing it's been decades..and nothing.

So what about this woman he was supposedly having an affair with? Was she ever found and questioned? Were local lakes searched? Lake Pleasant is not that far. Was the boat searched? Would the bags of clothes that were seen being dumped coincide with her actual clothes? Were they missing?

Sounds like a foregone conclusion. The husband had the most ridiculous alibi but I wonder if there is a kernel of truth to the story about the letter

Looking at the farewell letter, I just can't imagine a man typing all that. I wonder if the discovery of that letter is what triggered Pam's "disappearance?" Perhaps he found that Pamela was or had been planning to leave him. After he made her "disappear" he falsified the rest of the letter to give himself an alibi.

The husband rather reminds me of the Peter Cook sketch from The Secret Policeman's Ball where Cook (as the judge) is satirising the Thorpe trial where Jeremy Thorpe hired Andrew Newton to murder his ex-boyfriend. When Cook got to the comments about Newton it went;

"The so-called hitman, Mr Olivia Newton John, is a piece of slimy refuse, unable to carry out the simplest murder plot without cocking it up."

And just as in this case, it ended with no convictions. Sometimes you have to wonder what LE requires for a conviction.

Pamela's NamUs profile was modified on 4/20/22
She currently has 4 rule outs
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
UP3896 09/08/1991 Galveston TX
UP6629 02/03/1991 Frederick VA
UP12683 06/06/2014 Newport News VA
UP6150 11/07/1998 Stafford VA

Wow does her husband sound guilty - too bad he passed away and can't be charged with her disappearance.

In this case, it is more than clear that it was the husband who killed her... sometimes they are so intelligent that they know everything about the law and they never search their houses or are arrested... in this case the husband...

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
renenoelle
Back