Identified! GA - Rising Fawn, WhtFem 26UFGA, 16-25, On East Side of NB I-59, Dec'88 - Stacey Lyn Chahorski

Lisahas2cats

Reaction score
As I mentioned in my introduction post, I've been haunted for years by a Jane Doe who was found near my home county in 1988.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/26ufga.html

At one time, local law enforcement alluded that they may have a lead in discovering who killed her, but that apparently didn't pan out. This girl has been buried as "Jane Doe" in a beautiful cemetary in the county she was found, and I've wished for years that she could be identified and returned to her family. I've spent time on the Doe Network trying to find "matching" females who vanished in 1987 and 1988, with no luck. Anyone who matched her description either had tattoos or noticable scars (she had neither).

I attempted to do a search on official state websites for missing persons databases, but either I'm a poor searcher or sharing information on missing persons is low priority on state websites.

So...I thought I'd share her link here and see if ya'll have any fresh ideas. Although it hurts my heart to read of any case where a person is never identified, this one hits too close to home (literally).

Many thanks,
Lisa

Thanks for posting, Anthro...you're right, JBR is the big news right now :)

I'd actually looked at all three of those girls as possible matches, but two of them (Lisa and Janette), have the wrong eye color to be this Jane Doe (report says she had brown eyes).

Ann Crist could be a possibility....I'd put her in the "probably not" because someone had "admitted" to her murder, but since the story couldn't be proven, she could still be a possibility...

I wonder how often LE gets things like eye color wrong.....or how often details are inaccurately reported to Doe/Charley? I've seen several girls that looked like possible matches, but either the eye color was wrong, or the missing woman had tattoos (Jane Doe had none)....

This girl's case eats at my heart :(

What do you think of this girl? I do see some similarities but would be interested in what everyone else thinks.

Michelle Marie Ashley Nicholaou
MMANicholaou7.jpg
2230193890045078242S600x600Q851.jpg
2381992650045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2355dfma.html

MMAN looks a little broader in the temples, IMO. And Rising Fawn JD looks like her teeth are more crooked.

Same with this girl.

Rebecca Ann Crist
ACrist.jpg
2230193890045078242S600x600Q851.jpg
2381992650045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

She's a little closer on facial shape, and she does have the reddish hair. But RFJD is much taller (5'6" to 5'8"). RAC is listed as only 5'0" tall.

Is the height listed as 60 inches on her doenet profile? I mistook it for 6 foot

Showing the irish in me lol. Around here it would be listed as 5 foot, lol. We only use inches as in 5 foot 4 inches. Forgive me?

Showing the irish in me lol. Around here it would be listed as 5 foot, lol. We only use inches as in 5 foot 4 inches. Forgive me?

I should remember to spell out "feet" and "inches" instead of quotes (") and apostrophes (') when communicating to non-Americans.

What do you think of this girl? I do see some similarities but would be interested in what everyone else thinks.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/2355dfma.html

The circumstances and timeline fit Nicholaou really well. The mouth and chin look similar, too, especially on the left side of her face (our right) where there's a tooth that's twisted or bending back or something. The sculptured reconstruction seems to be exaggerating the UID's teeth.

Attachments

• MMANicholaou teeth.jpg
    MMANicholaou teeth.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 51
  • 26UFGA3.jpg
    26UFGA3.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 75
Is it possible that the blonde photo of Michelle Nichaloau is a bit stretched horizontally? They did it to my student ID card photo and this photo reminds me a bit of the result. The blonde photo of her looks much more moon faced than the pictures of her younger self.
MMANicholaou6.jpg

MMANicholaou7.jpg

MMANicholaou3.jpg
MMANicholaou5.jpg

Is it possible that the blonde photo of Michelle Nichaloau is a bit stretched horizontally? They did it to my student ID card photo and this photo reminds me a bit of the result. The blonde photo of her looks much more moon faced than the pictures of her younger self.
MMANicholaou6.jpg

MMANicholaou7.jpg

MMANicholaou3.jpg
MMANicholaou5.jpg

I was wondering whether it was from when she was pregnant and bloated.

Glad someone else noticed that! Yes, to me it looked like that particular photo looked "stretched" as well. I sorted of discounted that photo when comparing the two.

the combination of red hair (either as strawberry or auburn) and brown eyes does not yield many matches at Namus.

in some of the composites the hair looks an unnatural red color but I assume they would have figured out if it was dyed red.

In this Jane Doe's NamUs profile, it seems like the person who entered her profile used zeros instead of the letter "O". For instance, under "Circumstances," it says:

B0DY F0UND 0N EAST SIDE 0F I-59 N0RTH

Is anyone else seeing this? I am noticing it in all other filled out sections, too. Doesn't this impact any type of keyword search or is that not utilized on NamUs?

It is frustrating that the profile is so sparse and thus rated as an "extremely low" probability of a match when the Doe Network profile says dentals, fingerprints, and DNA are available. I looked up the contact to see if I could send an email to update the profile and it is listed as someone from Ora, Inc.?

I sent off an email to the listed Case Manager, Monte Johnson, and the generic Regional System Administrator email listed to see if the NamUs profile can be corrected and updated. I will update if I hear from them.

Mr. Johnson replied within minutes. It looks like he will pass on my email to the Doe Network staff and see if they can help with the fingerprints, dental, and DNA availability confirmation. He said he might be able to fix some of the typos. In any case, he did write that he is Case Manager by default because there was no one to assign at the time this case was moved from NCIC to NamUs and that the local Coroner is the main point of contact.

Based on Mr. Johnson's reply, I also followed up with an email to the Dade County Coroner's Office since it sounds like they can update on the fingerprints, dental, and DNA part.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back