CA - Tori Vienneau, 22, & Dean Springstube, 10 mos, murdered, Bonita, 26 July 2006 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beyond Belief

Reaction score
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14076414/

The bodies of Tori Vienneau, 22, and her 10-month-old son, Dean Springstube, were discovered in an apartment in the 1400 block of 45th Street on Wednesday night. One of two women who shared the apartment with Vienneau found her sprawled against a couch in the front room, police said. The baby was found hanging from a noose in his crib, according to police sources.

Beyond Belief said:
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/14076414/

The bodies of Tori Vienneau, 22, and her 10-month-old son, Dean Springstube, were discovered in an apartment in the 1400 block of 45th Street on Wednesday night. One of two women who shared the apartment with Vienneau found her sprawled against a couch in the front room, police said. The baby was found hanging from a noose in his crib, according to police sources.
:furious: Unfreaking believable. I cannot even commetnt on this!

I have just about seen it all and dealt with every kind of horrible crime over the years in my LE career but this one absolutely leaves me speachless.

I just noticed that article was dated July 28th. Surely there is an update out there somewhere. I found one more article but it is dated July28th.

Slaying of mother, baby brings shock

By Joe Hughes
STAFF WRITER

July 28, 2006 Tori Vienneau and her 10-month-old son moved into a gated apartment complex on South 45th Street a month ago, striking up friendships with Southcrest residents.
<snip>
The roommates told detectives they found no signs of forced entry.
<snip>

Stetson said detectives are interviewing those who knew Vienneau to learn more about her life in hopes of developing some leads. He said he doesn't know how long the bodies had been in the apartment before the roommates found them.

Vienneau grew up in Bonita and attended Bonita Vista High School. The father of the baby, who lives out of the area, has been contacted, Stetson said. He is not a suspect.

More at the link

Stetson said detectives are interviewing those who knew Vienneau to learn more about her life in hopes of developing some leads. He said he doesn't know how long the bodies had been in the apartment before the roommates found them.

Vienneau grew up in Bonita and attended Bonita Vista High School. The father of the baby, who lives out of the area, has been contacted, Stetson said. He is not a suspect.

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20060728/news_2m28double.html

I wasn't able to find anything. I found obituaries, an obituary guestbook, but nothing too recent.

With a noose? How much more horrible could it get?

That was a rhetorical question.

I was able to find some web posts by people who knew Tori and Dean, and one young woman posted photos of Dean. They are utterly heartbreaking. He was a cute little guy.

Steve

I couldn't find anything. One article said the child's father lived out of the area and was not a suspect, but that was all I found.

You would think that something like this would be all over the news. I can't find one single article after July 28th.

This is just about one of the most depraved crimes I have read about recently. I would almost think the person who did it did not know the lady and was going for the shock value-must really want the press and notoriety for such an unspeakable crime. I would really worry the person would commit other really weird and sick crimes in the area :(

I am just disgusted and every day I question my choice to have children even after waiting for almost ten years before my husband and I had our first kid.

I agree that it sounds like something done by someone who did not know the victims - only because I imagine it would be really hard to hang a 10 month old baby if you had any attachment to the kid. My only other thought is an ex-boyfriend who absolutely hated the child for whatever reason. But still...hanging a baby....thats hardcore. :furious:

Hmm, maybe its someone in the father circle who hated the fact Tori and the baby even existed.

I wish I hadn't read this thread so close to bedtime. I am bound to have nightmares now. Who the **** could hang a baby? He/She/They belong in a cell with Bubba and Bubba's best friend.:behindbar

There's a previous article linked at the bottom page of the first one. It says the roommate who discovered them didn't see any signs of trauma or violence. Huh?

I tried to find the words to express how horrible this is. I can't. I pray that LE is able to find the monster responsible for this, and soon. :furious:

That was one of the cutest babies ever!!!! I cannot understand the lack of information about it! I hate to even mention this, but if the mother had no signs of trauma, perhaps she did it and then poisoned herself?

T-Rex said:
There's a previous article linked at the bottom page of the first one. It says the roommate who discovered them didn't see any signs of trauma or violence. Huh?

Maybe she meant signs of a struggle...things turned over, etc.

I, too, hate the fact that there is no additional information on this.

However, I don't think the Mom did it. I don't think ANY mother could actually hang her own baby from a noose. Actually, as I am writing this, I am thinking about all of the horrible acts that Mothers have committed against their children....things I've read about on WS and seen in the media. I guess I just don't WANT to think a Mother could do this....but we've all read about Mothers who've killed their babies by chopping off their arms, mothers who have BEAT their children to death with rocks.....ugh....it's sickening just typing the words out.

Well, LE has said that they think it is a murder, as opposed to a murder-suicide. Scary to think that the person responsible is still out there. Someone who could hang a little baby by a noose is STILL out there......

I live in the S. D. area and I have been following this crime from the beginning. Not much is coming out about this crime and it is so frustrating. Can you imagine being the roommate and being the one to find them? That would be so devastating and it would stick with you for the rest of your life. So sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong