Courtney Cox In Therapy

Oh who cares, I mean really.
If two grown people have to run off to a therapist everytime they have a little fight, there's something wrong with society.
I know you guys love therapy, but there are things that can be worked out yourself without paying some goofball loads of money to work it out for you.

Grow up Courtney and don't leave all your problems for someone else to figure out.

:laugh:
narlacat said:
If two grown people have to run off to a therapist everytime they have a little fight, there's something wrong with society.
I know you guys love therapy, but there are things that can be worked out yourself without paying some goofball loads of money to work it out for you.

Grow up Courtney and don't leave all your problems for someone else to figure out.
You know when I read that they went to Therapy because of 2 fights they got into I thought to myself, "Wow only 2". DH and I have fought more in one day then they have in their whole marriage!

narlacat said:

If more people went for therapy then maybe half of all marriages wouldn't end up in divorce.

wow, I don't see it the way you do, Narla.
I think it's awesome that she can talk so freely about it.

I see a therapist. And thank goodness I do or I'd be worse than I am now.

What I think is bad for society is the fact that people think they can't talk about being on meds or seeing a therapist ... like there's something "wrong" with you.
No one is perfect and most everyone I know could benefit from therapy, even therapists themselves.

Until people know how to successfuly handle everyday problems, there is no way I'd ever knock anyone for going through therapy.
The ones who go to therapy are the strong ones in my opinion.
The ones who continue to be miserable and seek no help are only hurting themselves.

Good for Courtney!

Therapy can definatly be a good thing. Lots of people have benefited from it. I hope their marriage works. I like her and I like him.

Marriage is hard work so I applaud them. In Hollywood, where marriage is a joke, theirs seems to be one that may make it for the long haul. Better to get some help now before problems escalate and it may be too late. And by speaking out, maybe it will encourage other couples to do the same, instead of throwing in the towel.

I think I've read where Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillipe have had therapy in the past. They are another couple that may make it.

shopper said:
I think I've read where Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillipe have had therapy in the past. They are another couple that may make it.
I like them too. She seems to have good values.

PrayersForMaura said:
wow, I don't see it the way you do, Narla.
I think it's awesome that she can talk so freely about it.

I see a therapist. And thank goodness I do or I'd be worse than I am now.

What I think is bad for society is the fact that people think they can't talk about being on meds or seeing a therapist ... like there's something "wrong" with you.
No one is perfect and most everyone I know could benefit from therapy, even therapists themselves.

Until people know how to successfuly handle everyday problems, there is no way I'd ever knock anyone for going through therapy.
The ones who go to therapy are the strong ones in my opinion.
The ones who continue to be miserable and seek no help are only hurting themselves.

Good for Courtney!

Well, as far as I can tell that doesn't happen in your society, you guys just love to talk about your therapists to anyone that will listen.
Dr Phil anyone :p

narlacat said:
Well, as far as I can tell that doesn't happen in your society, you guys just love to talk about your therapists to anyone that will listen.
Dr Phil anyone :p
who is "you guys" ??

Man, has someone you know gotten therapy and gotten better, and perhaps that bothers you??? LOL
You are so negative about it, just curious why?
It's not like you had to read the thread or her quotes.

PrayersForMaura said:
who is "you guys" ??

Man, has someone you know gotten therapy and gotten better, and perhaps that bothers you??? LOL
You are so negative about it, just curious why?
It's not like you had to read the thread or her quotes.
'You guys' being Americans.
Therapy is an art form over there lol
I just think it's ridiculous to go into therapy because you had two little fights with hubby, I don't see how you think she is a 'strong person' for doing that.

I can understand people having therapy for a serious problem, but just because you had a little tiff with hubby...come on!

I don't understand what you mean with your last sentence.

narlacat said:
I just think it's ridiculous to go into therapy because you had two little fights with hubby, I don't see how you think she is a 'strong person' for doing that.

I can understand people having therapy for a serious problem, but just because you had a little tiff with hubby...come on!

I don't think she really went to therapy for a few fights, but even if she did, there's nothing wrong with that.

Austrailia thinks differently than "we" do in "our country" eh?

narlacat said:

My last sentence was about you coming to a thread with a headline about her being in therapy, when you seem obviously against it. You wrote "who cares".
Well, some of us do care, that is why we are posting in this thread. If you don't care, why do you keep posting in this thread and not one that you care more about?

PrayersForMaura said:
My last sentence was about you coming to a thread with a headline about her being in therapy, when you seem obviously against it. You wrote "who cares".
Well, some of us do care, that is why we are posting in this thread. If you don't care, why do you keep posting in this thread and not one that you care more about?
When I clicked on the thread, I wasn't to know she was in therapy for nothing more serious than having a tiff with hubby.

I haven't said I am against it.
What I have said was it is ridiculous to go into therapy for having a coupla fights with your loved one...

I keep on posting, because you keep on asking me questions!
Would be rude of me not to try and answer them for you wouldn't it :p

Now Now, let's all agree to disagree and get along.:D

csds703 said:
If more people went for therapy then maybe half of all marriages wouldn't end up in divorce.

i think "therapy" or self-analysis should be required!!! kind of like graduating from high school.

i am only half-kidding, but the other half is serious! i greatly benefited from therapy and only wish i could have afforded to stay in it longer. it really helps you get outside yourself and see things from a lot of different perspectives. i found great value in it. i am not going to argue about good vs. bad therapists, but i just wish everyone would understand that this really is not news-worthy....and i am talking about People Magazine here, not the people here at WS. in most cases therapy is a very healthy thing and we should all mature to the level that this is accepted as a facet of life, and nothing more.

I definatly think that pre-maritial couseling is a good idea. I never had it and DH and I could have benefited well from it I think. Marriage is very hard, I have bit my tongue and perservered alot but it is well worth it to look back when I am 60 and say I have been with this one person for 40 years, that is a huge accomplishment. I pray that we do that.

PrayersForMaura said:
I don't think she really went to therapy for a few fights, but even if she did, there's nothing wrong with that.

Austrailia thinks differently than "we" do in "our country" eh?
<<We got into these fights two nights in a row over stupid stuff. But I could see how relationships break up if you don't go, 'What are we doing!?' So we went to a therapist, and he broke it down for us.>>

Well, that's what she said in the article.

I don't think we think so differently anymore no.
Your way of thinking is fast becoming our way of thinking, our culture is getting lost in yours.

michelle said:
I definatly think that pre-maritial couseling is a good idea. I never had it and DH and I could have benefited well from it I think. Marriage is very hard, I have bit my tongue and perservered alot but it is well worth it to look back when I am 60 and say I have been with this one person for 40 years, that is a huge accomplishment. I pray that we do that.

Not me, I rarely bite my tongue with dh. I don't just mouth off, but I always speak my mind. A LOT of it has to do with tone and attitude, so I try to pay attention to that. But I think he and I will make it, it will be 11 years next month!

I'm surprised they lasted this long. I always see them and think hmm wonder when they will get a divorce. Not because I don't like them together because I do I think they are adorable but they are HOLLYWOOD....They actually might break some kind of hollywood record for staying married longer then a month or two!! Wish them the best I think they are too cute with their little COCO!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back