Heads up for UK tv viewers...

Enola

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I thought you might like to know that JonBenet: Anatomy of a Cold Case will be screened on the new Crime and Investigation Channel (sky 531) this coming Monday 14th August at 8pm.

Enola x

Hey Enola - thanks for that. I'm just trying to remember which documentary this was.

HI Jayelles, this one is the one we've seen here in the states recently and have been discussing. It's the newest one. If you watch it you will see where Jonbenet's whole face postmortem can be seen for an instant. Not that you would want to but just to jog your memory, this is that documentary.

Schiller's new one, Jayelles. Actually, this might be good happenstance. Schiller said that his original program was a good deal longer, but CourtTV had the final edit. Maybe the one over there will be uncensored.

SuperDave said:
Schiller's new one, Jayelles. Actually, this might be good happenstance. Schiller said that his original program was a good deal longer, but CourtTV had the final edit. Maybe the one over there will be uncensored.
More likely to be censored. We have stricter censoring for scenes of a violent nature and less strict censoring on scenes of a sexual nature.

I'll record it onto the Sky digibox. I haven't yet worked out whether I can subsequently transfer it onto removable media though.

No, I meant that you might get a more complete version

I found a lot of video footage and pics of Jbr at youtube.com...maybe old stuff for a lot of posters..but I found the site interesting.

No dead babies faces I'm glad to report. There was one shot of her face in death but it was an artist's sketch - not a photo.

I thought it was a very fair documentary - very balanced. It was equally critical of the media, investigators and the Ramseys. Didn't fluff over the parents' lack of co-operation... in fact it highlighted it several times - pointed out that they were crucial witnesses and how investigators were at a major disadvantage having to operate without their vital input.

I think there was some old interview material but I'd give it 9/10!

You must have watched a different version than I did, Jayelles.

I was thinking the same thing, SuperDave. The program I saw on CTV last month was decidedly pro-Ramsey. I'm glad to hear they didn't show a photo of JonBenet's face in death.

Well, you can ask Tricia if you don't believe me, NP, but Mr. Schiller did say that the show you and I saw was not the original and that CTV had the final edit.

Oh, I believe you, and I remember reading that somewhere. That's unfortunate that CTV edited the original. At least the UK got an unbiased account. I'm glad to hear information that wasn't well-known before, like lack of cooperation, was brought up and pointed out.

Except that Mr. Schiller completely swallowed the Ram spin in the interviews he gave concerning this show. Sad. He knows better. Look at all the anti-Ram evidence in PMPT.

This was definitely not Schiller's documentary. It was called Crimes and Trials. Interviews with Alex Hunter and the Ramseys. I haven't a clue who the presenter was - no-one I've seen before, large build, maybe in his late 50s. It was very balanced. Alex Hunter would say his bit - then the voiceover would give the "other side", the Ramseys would say their bit and then the voiceover would give the "other side".

The Biritish public have only seen Michael Tracey's one-sided documentaries so far. None of them mentioned that the Ramseys hindered the investigation with their lack of co-operation - this documentary made it very clear that the Ramseys hindered the investigation tremendously. It also pointed out that the DNA evidence is weak.

SuperDave said:
Never heard of that one.

How weak?
Weak as in - it might not be the killer's. There was some Ramsey PI guy claiming that the strongest evidence of an intruder was the basement window. Then the voiceover said something to squash that - like the evidence couldn't be dated or that it could have been staged.

I'm thinking it was either a mish-mash of Ramsey programmes or that it was an earlier US documentary. There was nothing in it about the investigation being taken from the BPD - no mention of Mary Keenan.

It served one good purpose though - to redress the balance of the Tracey docs. At least now the British public know why American public suspected the Ramseys and they know the Ramseys' lack of co-operation damaged the investigation beyond measure. Tracey painted them as thought they'd been framed by the BPD.

"Tracey painted them as thought they'd been framed by the BPD."

He's no Barry Scheck!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth