Thread: NY - Brutal murder of "Perfect" kid, Chanel Petro Nixon, 16, Brooklyn, 2006

Angry NY - Brutal murder of "Perfect" kid, Chanel Petro Nixon, 16, Brooklyn, 2006

Brutal Murder of "Perfect" Kid

Friends and family call Chanel Petro-Nixon the "perfect" kid. She got straight A's, went to church every Sunday, and lit up a room with her smile. The question detectives now have is, who would want to see her dead?

On Father's Day of 2006, Chanel left her home in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn to walk down the street to meet a friend and then go to a job interview at Applebees. She wanted to get a summer job -- and she had the interview all lined up. But, she never made it to the restaurant -- or to meet her friend. A few days later, Chanel's strangled body was found in a trash bag, just blocks from her home.

More at link:
    http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=39853

Cops Use MySpace to search for Brooklyn girls killer

Myspace

Her myspace (according to the previous link--mycrimespace). Someone else must have logged in on July 4th?? Weird...?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=53634048

NY Daily News: Mom & Dad of Chanel beg for info

Mom & dad of Chanel beg for info

BY JESS WISLOSKI and TAMER EL-GHOBASHY
    DAILY NEWS WRITERS

The parents of a studious Brooklyn teen found slain and stuffed into a garbage bag broke their silence yesterday with an emotional plea for the public's help in finding her killer. "We need to come together with the Police Department and speak up so justice can be done," said Garvin Nixon, the brokenhearted father of 16-year-old Chanel Petro-Nixon.

More at link:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...p-365505c.html

IMO this had to have been someone either in the same building or very close by. It's said she was still dressed and was not sexually assaulted, makes me wonder if it could have been another girl, possibly someone who was jealous of her for some reason? It sounds terrible but it's been known to happen. Or perhaps she saw something happen and had to be silenced. On Nancy Grace they were saying neighbors are afraid to talk to the police so it sounds like there must be some ideas out there, I'm thinking gang related and people are afraid of payback.

OB
    this is just my opinion, it may be wrong, user beware!

Sadly I think you maybe right about this Old Broad....Iam in no way trying to say she was in a gang or had much if any contact with them by what I saw she looked like a very nice citizen ..only what happened to her look's to be a gang style of killing and a very sloppy one at that.. police should be able to hopefully get some print's off that trash bag or trace her phone down...Myself I think it's way pass time to lower the BOOM on these gang's...I might get some hate mail but you investigate how these gang's operate. It's don't make no difference what color you are or where you come from they operate about the same, some people in the media is getting rich playing these people up as some type of a Romantic Warrior's when the truth is they no better than the Nazi's of the 1920's to 1940's period of history...Yes I do blame the media to play these type of lifestyle's up like that just for money for there own greedy self's ...when the truth is these only low life criminal's working together..

I watched Nancy's whole show and came away with the feeling someone killed her who just wanted to see someone die as they were suffering. She was strangled, and the guy from AMW didn't say it but intimated to Nancy it was not done with hands but something else.

I also got the feeling she was somewhat tortured and maybe held for a few days before being murdered. At least it looks like they have a good profile. But think they have to be looking for a cold blooded killer like Hannibal Lector who loves the art of the kill!

Scandi

welder I hope no one was thinking that I meant this girl was in a gang, because I certainly never thought that, just that somehow she may have innocently become a victim of a gang member. I think it was even discussed on Nancy Grace the possibility of the murder being done as a gang initiation.

I wish the police would search every single apartment there, the killer has to be close by, she was only going half a mile away to apply for the job and never made it and her body was found so close to home. I can't imagine what type of hell her family is going through and knowing that it took a couple of days before she was killed. She still had her jewelry on, it broke my heart to hear her mother talking about being shown the gold necklace with her name on it, she knew it had to be her.
    Her father talked about searching the streets looking for her, showing everyone her picture, including showing it to gang members. This beautiful girl and her family deserve justice. The whole country has been robbed of a young girl who had so much good in her to give.

OB
    this is just my opinion, it may be wrong, user beware!

Bed-Sty is a very dangerous part of Brooklyn...

....this girl could have been killed for a dozen senseless reasons...

Old Broad I don't think they would..Just like me I never saw no major sign's that she is not what they sayed she was a good or perfect kid...but It's hard to be perfect now day's..I was kind of thinking on the line of she cought the eye of a boy and his girlfriend did not like that at all type of crime..Girlfriend and her friend's grab her and 1 thing lead to a other and it got way out of control...Look's like the crime wasn't for money or drug's, no sex involved so that's really next on the list of why.......To me anyway the crime was very sloppy done..I am surprized police not pick-up someone yet on this.

It's amazing this case was buried way back on page 20 or something and hasn't had a post since August of 2006 and it's not really even a cold case since it's less than a year old!! Yet there are cases on page 1 or 2 that are 10 to 20 years old!

HOW INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS IS IT THAT BLACK VICTIMS DON'T GET AS MUCH ATTENTION AS WHITE VICTIMS, especially pretty white women/girls!!

This case was just on Nancy Grace yesterday and this New York Post writer said it is very upsetting that this case is not getting any national attention and the implication is obvious.

She is black girl and there has never been a case of a black victim getting national attention unless they are a celebrity like Michael Jordan's dad or Bill Cosby's son.

If this was a pretty white girl you would see her picture all over the news almost every day. Just look at Jonbenet Ramsey.

The amazing thing about this case is that she was abducted in broad daylight and the body was dumped in a public area where trash is collected and no one saw anything????

I find that hard to believe!!

What do you all think?

Quote Originally Posted by UM&AMWfan
    It's amazing this case was buried way back on page 20 or something and hasn't had a post since August of 2006 and it's not really even a cold case since it's less than a year old!! Yet there are cases on page 1 or 2 that are 10 to 20 years old!

HOW INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS IS IT THAT BLACK VICTIMS DON'T GET AS MUCH ATTENTION AS WHITE VICTIMS, especially pretty white women/girls!!

This case was just on Nancy Grace yesterday and this New York Post writer said it is very upsetting that this case is not getting any national attention and the implication is obvious.

She is black girl and there has never been a case of a black victim getting national attention unless they are a celebrity like Michael Jordan's dad or Bill Cosby's son.

If this was a pretty white girl you would see her picture all over the news almost every day. Just look at Jonbenet Ramsey.

The amazing thing about this case is that she was abducted in broad daylight and the body was dumped in a public area where trash is collected and no one saw anything????

I find that hard to believe!!

What do you all think?
    pretty much what you do. It is a shame and really justs adds to my anger of all the wasted air time on Anna Nichol Smith.

I saw that on NG and really pray her killer is found.

iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.

The Amber Harris case was/is mentioned almost daily on our local news, and she wasn't a white girl.

Quote Originally Posted by iNTERESTEDWOMAN
    The Amber Harris case was/is mentioned almost daily on our local news, and she wasn't a white girl.
    That's your local news but I've not seen that case on a national show and I've never heard of her.

It's because all (or the vast majority) of the national media execs are white men.

That's your local news but I've not seen that case on a national show and I've never heard of her.

It's because all (or the vast majority) of the national media execs are white men.
    You can read all about her here:
    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=100

She has an entire forum dedicated to her here on Websleuths spot light cases. It's a very sad and heavily viewed case. Researching her was what brought me to this awesome WS forum. I'm hooked.

Getting back to the case at hand, I agree with Old Broad, It very well could be a jealousy crime. Not only a jealous girlfriend, but even a competitive girl who always felt she fell short of Chanel. If Chanel was a straight A student, popular, and smart, another student, (perhaps a girl she beat out on the "top of the class" status, head cheerleader, or what ever she excelled in) could take out revenge.

I have heard of a case in MO many years ago where a jealous class mate snuck into her rivals bedroom in the middle of the night and hacked off her long beautiful locks of hair. Though a long way from murder, but still a serious crime.

I hope all her class mates , (especially the ones with high GPA's) where questioned by LE.

Quote Originally Posted by iNTERESTEDWOMAN
    Getting back to the case at hand, I agree with Old Broad, It very well could be a jealousy crime. Not only a jealous girlfriend, but even a competitive girl who always felt she fell short of Chanel. If Chanel was a straight A student, popular, and smart, another student, (perhaps a girl she beat out on the "top of the class" status, head cheerleader, or what ever she excelled in) could take out revenge.

I have heard of a case in MO many years ago where a jealous class mate snuck into her rivals bedroom in the middle of the night and hacked off her long beautiful locks of hair. Though a long way from murder, but still a serious crime.

I hope all her class mates , (especially the ones with high GPA's) where questioned by LE.
    But the police said Chanel was kept alive for days before she was killed. How could a girl pull of such a violent crime without ANY help??

Even if Chanel was killed immediately I don't think a girl around Chanel's age could kill and carry her body to the trash cans.

If a girl did it she must have had help from someone, most likely a man.

There was recently a case in the Post about a girl from Brooklyn who had been abducted, forced to work as a prostitute and some how managed to get away. They haven't found her abductor/rapist and are not releasing her name. I remember they posted a picture of her on a bed but blurred out her face. Does this ring any bells with anyone.

It is unlikely that Chanel was kidnapped by the same person since she wasn't sexually assaulted. I can't imagine a girl committing this crime though. did any of her girlfriends have questionable boyfriends or anything? I'm wondering if maybe she warned a friend to stay from some guy and this was his retaliation or something.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2010...n-heights-body
    Thursday, June 17, 2010

Inside City Hall show video--interview with Chanel's parents. dated 06/17/2011 09:09 PM

http://www.ny1.com/content/news_beat...ide-city-hall-

It's been over five years now.

I have very familiar with the area Chanel Petro-Nixon lived in and very familiar with the Applebees restaurant that is in the neighborhood. With that said that area in Brooklyn New York is densely populated urban area and It is highly unlikely that anyone would try to kidnap a teenage girl in broad daylight as someone most likely would of saw something.

After reading about this case I am of the strong belief that Chanel told her parents she was going to Applebee's for an interview when in reality she went to visit the boy at his house. (The same boy that she told her parents she was going to meet at the restaurant). I believe that individual for some reason strangled and killed her. The neighborhood she lived in is to open for anyone to commit a crime like that outside in broad day light and not get caught.