Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 42
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    355

    Chanel Petro-Nixon Murdered

    How horrible. She was just profiled on Nancy Grace's show tonight. They are still looking for answers. Just so sad. She was from all acounts an very sweet kid with a great future.



    As police search for the killer of a Brooklyn teenager, her family is asking for any witnesses to come forward.

    Chanel Petro-Nixon's body was found June 22nd inside a bag on Kingston Avenue in Crown Heights. The medical examiner has determined she was strangled.

    "Somebody out there knows something that led to what happened to Chanel, said the Reverend Al Sharpton. I don't care if they're black, latino, white. You must come forward. We can't have community where our children go out with the garbage and we act like it's normal and remain silent."

    Police are offering a $22,000 reward for information leading to an arrest.

    Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS.


  2. The Following User Says Thank You to lilsister For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    733
    Oh gosh, I've been reading about this. So sad! Look at the guy - can you imagine what the poor girl went through? Awful, just awful! I hope he and his "hooker" get everything they deserve + more.
    http://tinyurl.com/k6djj


  4. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    14,795
    The bag fact is sticking with me big time. I am appalled that anyone would relegate a human being to this and believe there is any justification.This is just horrible.

    I know it sounds like platitudes but it isn't. I don't know why I continue to post. Yes, I do. It is that someone makes a difference in what they know.

    Someone, somewhere can make a difference. Please always speak up. You will have all the support you need.


  5. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson
    The bag fact is sticking with me big time. I am appalled that anyone would relegate a human being to this and believe there is any justification.This is just horrible.

    I know it sounds like platitudes but it isn't. I don't know why I continue to post. Yes, I do. It is that someone makes a difference in what they know.

    Someone, somewhere can make a difference. Please always speak up. You will have all the support you need.
    I so can understand your frustration. But we must make everything as you said known...if anyone has info and it is out there...we must help. Concernedperson, you are definately a very concerned person...thank you for all your efforts and never give up! Lilsister


  6. #5
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,980
    Quote Originally Posted by cathieq
    Oh gosh, I've been reading about this. So sad! Look at the guy - can you imagine what the poor girl went through? Awful, just awful! I hope he and his "hooker" get everything they deserve + more.
    http://tinyurl.com/k6djj
    I think that's a different case.


  7. #6
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    11,073
    Quote Originally Posted by cathieq
    Oh gosh, I've been reading about this. So sad! Look at the guy - can you imagine what the poor girl went through? Awful, just awful! I hope he and his "hooker" get everything they deserve + more.
    http://tinyurl.com/k6djj


    That story is about Jennifer Moore. Another girl that was also thrown away like garbage.


  8. #7
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    11,073

    Lightbulb

    This 16 yr old was a straight A student...honor roll...didn't give her parents any problems...a pretty, tiny, girl who was going to meet friends at Applebees at which she was picking up a job application too.

    LE knows that her cell phone was turned off almost the minute that she left their apt. She didn't show up to meet her friends. She was really good about checking in with her folks but they called and called and the calls would go straight to her voicemail. She was missing for a few days before she was found on the sidewalk in front of that apt building. Her dad said he walked by that spot numerous times as he showed his daughter's picture to people and hung up posters. LE believe that the girl hadn't been dead to long before she was placed in 3 garbage bags and deposited on the sidewalk. They figure that whoever grabbed her kept her alive for 2-3 days and then strangled her. She wasn't sexually abused and was fully clothed when found. She didn't have any missing jewelery. The only thing missing is her cell phone.

    This girl went missing in June and this case received no media attention. Nancy just happened to read something about it recently. She had the mom and dad on tonight. This young girl wanted to be a nurse after she graduated. Her mom's whole family is in the medical field.

    Nancy believes it was someone that the girl knew and that lives either in the same apt building or near by. It is like this girl stepped out her door and disappeared. She didn't have a boyfriend but some close male friends. This murder just doesn't make any sense at all. No rape, no theft, and kept her alive for a few days. No one saw anyone deposit her on the sidewalk. Must have done it in the middle of the night.

    A reporter talked to a father and daughter in the building behind the sidewalk that the young girl was found on and the father and daughter said they didn't know anything but they said that people won't talk to LE because they don't trust them. They won't even call and not leave their names because of lack of trust. It's really a sad situation. People won't even call if they would be entitled to the reward!


  9. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,162

    Angry NY - Brutal murder of "Perfect" kid, Chanel Petro Nixon, 16, Brooklyn, 2006

    Brutal Murder of "Perfect" Kid

    Friends and family call Chanel Petro-Nixon the "perfect" kid. She got straight A's, went to church every Sunday, and lit up a room with her smile. The question detectives now have is, who would want to see her dead?

    On Father's Day of 2006, Chanel left her home in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn to walk down the street to meet a friend and then go to a job interview at Applebees. She wanted to get a summer job -- and she had the interview all lined up. But, she never made it to the restaurant -- or to meet her friend. A few days later, Chanel's strangled body was found in a trash bag, just blocks from her home.

    More at link:
    http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=39853


  10. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,162

    Cops Use MySpace to search for Brooklyn girls killer



  11. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,162

    Myspace

    Her myspace (according to the previous link--mycrimespace). Someone else must have logged in on July 4th?? Weird...?

    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...endID=53634048


  12. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    1,162

    NY Daily News: Mom & Dad of Chanel beg for info

    Mom & dad of Chanel beg for info



    BY JESS WISLOSKI and TAMER EL-GHOBASHY
    DAILY NEWS WRITERS



    The parents of a studious Brooklyn teen found slain and stuffed into a garbage bag broke their silence yesterday with an emotional plea for the public's help in finding her killer. "We need to come together with the Police Department and speak up so justice can be done," said Garvin Nixon, the brokenhearted father of 16-year-old Chanel Petro-Nixon.



    More at link:
    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...p-365505c.html


  13. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    655
    IMO this had to have been someone either in the same building or very close by. It's said she was still dressed and was not sexually assaulted, makes me wonder if it could have been another girl, possibly someone who was jealous of her for some reason? It sounds terrible but it's been known to happen. Or perhaps she saw something happen and had to be silenced. On Nancy Grace they were saying neighbors are afraid to talk to the police so it sounds like there must be some ideas out there, I'm thinking gang related and people are afraid of payback.

    OB
    this is just my opinion, it may be wrong, user beware!


  14. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West "By God" Virginia
    Posts
    538
    Sadly I think you maybe right about this Old Broad....Iam in no way trying to say she was in a gang or had much if any contact with them by what I saw she looked like a very nice citizen ..only what happened to her look's to be a gang style of killing and a very sloppy one at that.. police should be able to hopefully get some print's off that trash bag or trace her phone down...Myself I think it's way pass time to lower the BOOM on these gang's...I might get some hate mail but you investigate how these gang's operate. It's don't make no difference what color you are or where you come from they operate about the same, some people in the media is getting rich playing these people up as some type of a Romantic Warrior's when the truth is they no better than the Nazi's of the 1920's to 1940's period of history...Yes I do blame the media to play these type of lifestyle's up like that just for money for there own greedy self's ...when the truth is these only low life criminal's working together..


  15. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    portland, Ore
    Posts
    18,234
    I watched Nancy's whole show and came away with the feeling someone killed her who just wanted to see someone die as they were suffering. She was strangled, and the guy from AMW didn't say it but intimated to Nancy it was not done with hands but something else.

    I also got the feeling she was somewhat tortured and maybe held for a few days before being murdered. At least it looks like they have a good profile. But think they have to be looking for a cold blooded killer like Hannibal Lector who loves the art of the kill!

    Scandi


  16. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    missouri
    Posts
    655
    welder I hope no one was thinking that I meant this girl was in a gang, because I certainly never thought that, just that somehow she may have innocently become a victim of a gang member. I think it was even discussed on Nancy Grace the possibility of the murder being done as a gang initiation.

    I wish the police would search every single apartment there, the killer has to be close by, she was only going half a mile away to apply for the job and never made it and her body was found so close to home. I can't imagine what type of hell her family is going through and knowing that it took a couple of days before she was killed. She still had her jewelry on, it broke my heart to hear her mother talking about being shown the gold necklace with her name on it, she knew it had to be her.
    Her father talked about searching the streets looking for her, showing everyone her picture, including showing it to gang members. This beautiful girl and her family deserve justice. The whole country has been robbed of a young girl who had so much good in her to give.

    OB
    this is just my opinion, it may be wrong, user beware!


  17. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    1,186

    Bed-Sty is a very dangerous part of Brooklyn...

    ....this girl could have been killed for a dozen senseless reasons...


  18. #17
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    West "By God" Virginia
    Posts
    538
    Old Broad I don't think they would..Just like me I never saw no major sign's that she is not what they sayed she was a good or perfect kid...but It's hard to be perfect now day's..I was kind of thinking on the line of she cought the eye of a boy and his girlfriend did not like that at all type of crime..Girlfriend and her friend's grab her and 1 thing lead to a other and it got way out of control...Look's like the crime wasn't for money or drug's, no sex involved so that's really next on the list of why.......To me anyway the crime was very sloppy done..I am surprized police not pick-up someone yet on this.


  19. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    373
    It's amazing this case was buried way back on page 20 or something and hasn't had a post since August of 2006 and it's not really even a cold case since it's less than a year old!! Yet there are cases on page 1 or 2 that are 10 to 20 years old!

    HOW INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS IS IT THAT BLACK VICTIMS DON'T GET AS MUCH ATTENTION AS WHITE VICTIMS, especially pretty white women/girls!!

    This case was just on Nancy Grace yesterday and this New York Post writer said it is very upsetting that this case is not getting any national attention and the implication is obvious.

    She is black girl and there has never been a case of a black victim getting national attention unless they are a celebrity like Michael Jordan's dad or Bill Cosby's son.

    If this was a pretty white girl you would see her picture all over the news almost every day. Just look at Jonbenet Ramsey.

    The amazing thing about this case is that she was abducted in broad daylight and the body was dumped in a public area where trash is collected and no one saw anything????

    I find that hard to believe!!

    What do you all think?


  20. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    373
    It's amazing this case hasn't even had a post since 8/1/06 and it's not really even a cold case since it's less than a year old!! Yet there are cases on page 1 or 2 that are 10 to 20 years old!

    HOW INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS IS IT THAT BLACK VICTIMS DON'T GET AS MUCH ATTENTION AS WHITE VICTIMS, especially pretty white women/girls!!

    This case was just on Nancy Grace yesterday and this New York Post writer said it is very upsetting that this case is not getting any national attention and the implication is obvious.

    She is black girl and there has never been a case of a black victim getting national attention unless they are a celebrity like Michael Jordan's dad or Bill Cosby's son.

    If this was a pretty white girl you would see her picture all over the news almost every day. Just look at Jonbenet Ramsey.

    The amazing thing about this case is that she was abducted in broad daylight and the body was dumped in a public area where trash is collected and no one saw anything????

    I find that hard to believe!!

    What do you all think?


  21. #20
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    2,409
    Quote Originally Posted by UM&AMWfan
    It's amazing this case was buried way back on page 20 or something and hasn't had a post since August of 2006 and it's not really even a cold case since it's less than a year old!! Yet there are cases on page 1 or 2 that are 10 to 20 years old!

    HOW INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS IS IT THAT BLACK VICTIMS DON'T GET AS MUCH ATTENTION AS WHITE VICTIMS, especially pretty white women/girls!!

    This case was just on Nancy Grace yesterday and this New York Post writer said it is very upsetting that this case is not getting any national attention and the implication is obvious.

    She is black girl and there has never been a case of a black victim getting national attention unless they are a celebrity like Michael Jordan's dad or Bill Cosby's son.

    If this was a pretty white girl you would see her picture all over the news almost every day. Just look at Jonbenet Ramsey.

    The amazing thing about this case is that she was abducted in broad daylight and the body was dumped in a public area where trash is collected and no one saw anything????

    I find that hard to believe!!

    What do you all think?
    pretty much what you do. It is a shame and really justs adds to my anger of all the wasted air time on Anna Nichol Smith.

    I saw that on NG and really pray her killer is found.


  22. #21
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    60


    http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/brief.cfm?id=30677
    http://www.amw.com/missing_persons/brief.cfm?id=35729

    Please be careful with your generalizations.

    Now, if you are talking about sensationalized cases like Natalee Holloway or Laci Peterson, I would have to agree with you. At the same time, however, we must weigh the vast amount of people that are reported missing every single year. There is no way that the media can cover over 40,000+ people to that extent....please do not forget that there are plenty of "pretty white girls" missing in this country RIGHT NOW that have not recieved that kind of media circus coverage.

    Not only that, but it is not profitable for the media. The nation, in general, are interested in the young mother, the happy bride, or the college student that disapear when everything for them is, in essense, perfect. Call it sick and twisted, but that is reality.

    The media is a for-profit industry, whether you are talking about CNN or the National Enquirer. It is a shame, really. They put out there what they know will sell....not what is politically correct or what will make the ACLU happy.....it is all about the almighty dollar for them. For any changes to occur the American people must first confront their own biases....it is not just the media.

    Do I believe there is bias? Yes. Do I believe in your statement of: "there has never been a case of a black victim getting national attention unless they are a celebrity like Michael Jordan's dad or Bill Cosby's son"? Not so much.

    Here is a snippet of an article I found on media bias in cases such as these.....I believe it was a CBS website. The article is from 2005, so the numbers are clearly out of date, but at this late hour it is all I had the strength to dig up. As you can see, however, the missing persons cases in and of themselves are slanted...with the majority of missing women being white or hispanic. So clearly, there is also evidence on their side....

    Since May 1, 2005, FBI statistics indicate there were 25,389 men and 22,200 women listed as missing. Of the total of missing women since May 1, 8,681 were minorities (this includes Asian, African-American, American Indian and other minorities except Hispanics.) This compares to 13,519 white and Hispanic women. (It is not clear how many of those are Hispanic.)



  23. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,527
    I'm sorry but I don't agree with you. I believe every missing person should get the same amount of media attention but it just don't and can't happen. It is impossible.



    Quote Originally Posted by UM&AMWfan
    It's amazing this case hasn't even had a post since 8/1/06 and it's not really even a cold case since it's less than a year old!! Yet there are cases on page 1 or 2 that are 10 to 20 years old!

    HOW INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS IS IT THAT BLACK VICTIMS DON'T GET AS MUCH ATTENTION AS WHITE VICTIMS, especially pretty white women/girls!!

    This case was just on Nancy Grace yesterday and this New York Post writer said it is very upsetting that this case is not getting any national attention and the implication is obvious.

    She is black girl and there has never been a case of a black victim getting national attention unless they are a celebrity like Michael Jordan's dad or Bill Cosby's son.

    If this was a pretty white girl you would see her picture all over the news almost every day. Just look at Jonbenet Ramsey.

    The amazing thing about this case is that she was abducted in broad daylight and the body was dumped in a public area where trash is collected and no one saw anything????

    I find that hard to believe!!

    What do you all think?


  24. #23
    hipmamajen's Avatar
    hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    1,202
    Quote Originally Posted by lilsister
    "Somebody out there knows something that led to what happened to Chanel, said the Reverend Al Sharpton. I don't care if they're black, latino, white. You must come forward. We can't have community where our children go out with the garbage and we act like it's normal and remain silent."
    I thought this was well said.
    Just thinkin' out loud....



  25. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    373
    Quote Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie
    I'm sorry but I don't agree with you. I believe every missing person should get the same amount of media attention but it just don't and can't happen. It is impossible.
    I am NOT the one who is saying black victims should get less attention. I just said that is the way they are treated by the MEDIA so I agree with you that everyone should get the same attention but the reality is that they don't.

    And yes, it is true there are plenty of pretty white women who don't get the media coverage BUT the few cases that get the huge national attention are ALWAYS pretty white women or girls.

    I can't even think of a missing white man or ANY man that has gotten anywhere close to the national attention that Natalee Holloway, Laci Petersen, etc. did.

    They interviewed a criminologist once and he said the media execs give white women the coverage because the public can most easily relate to them like they are our wife, sister, daughter, friend, neighbor, etc.

    A lot of people would disagree with that but that's what he said.
    Last edited by UM&AMWfan; 03-01-2007 at 07:47 PM.


  26. #25
    iNTERESTEDWOMAN's Avatar
    iNTERESTEDWOMAN is offline I'll trade you a bushel of corn for a barrel of oil.
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    A Nebraska Farm
    Posts
    1,333
    Quote Originally Posted by UM&AMWfan

    HOW INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS IS IT THAT BLACK VICTIMS DON'T GET AS MUCH ATTENTION AS WHITE VICTIMS, especially pretty white women/girls!!
    The Amber Harris case was/is mentioned almost daily on our local news, and she wasn't a white girl.


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Perfect Murder/Perfect Town DVD
    By Solace in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-01-2014, 02:00 PM
  2. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-03-2012, 03:34 PM
  3. perfect murder perfect town on lifetime
    By srvfan in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-07-2005, 07:07 PM
  4. Perfect Murder, Perfect Town.....
    By little1 in forum JonBenet Ramsey
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-08-2004, 11:13 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •