NY NY - Chanel Petro-Nixon, 16, Brooklyn, 18 June 2006

lilsister

Reaction score
How horrible. She was just profiled on Nancy Grace's show tonight. They are still looking for answers. Just so sad. She was from all acounts an very sweet kid with a great future.

As police search for the killer of a Brooklyn teenager, her family is asking for any witnesses to come forward.

Chanel Petro-Nixon's body was found June 22nd inside a bag on Kingston Avenue in Crown Heights. The medical examiner has determined she was strangled.

"Somebody out there knows something that led to what happened to Chanel,” said the Reverend Al Sharpton. “I don't care if they're black, latino, white. You must come forward. We can't have community where our children go out with the garbage and we act like it's normal and remain silent."

Police are offering a $22,000 reward for information leading to an arrest.

Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS.

Oh gosh, I've been reading about this. So sad! Look at the guy - can you imagine what the poor girl went through? Awful, just awful! I hope he and his "hooker" get everything they deserve + more.
http://tinyurl.com/k6djj

The bag fact is sticking with me big time. I am appalled that anyone would relegate a human being to this and believe there is any justification.This is just horrible.

I know it sounds like platitudes but it isn't. I don't know why I continue to post. Yes, I do. It is that someone makes a difference in what they know.

Someone, somewhere can make a difference. Please always speak up. You will have all the support you need.

concernedperson said:
The bag fact is sticking with me big time. I am appalled that anyone would relegate a human being to this and believe there is any justification.This is just horrible.

I know it sounds like platitudes but it isn't. I don't know why I continue to post. Yes, I do. It is that someone makes a difference in what they know.

Someone, somewhere can make a difference. Please always speak up. You will have all the support you need.
I so can understand your frustration. But we must make everything as you said known...if anyone has info and it is out there...we must help. Concernedperson, you are definately a very concerned person...thank you for all your efforts and never give up! Lilsister

cathieq said:
Oh gosh, I've been reading about this. So sad! Look at the guy - can you imagine what the poor girl went through? Awful, just awful! I hope he and his "hooker" get everything they deserve + more.

I think that's a different case.

cathieq said:

That story is about Jennifer Moore. Another girl that was also thrown away like garbage.

This 16 yr old was a straight A student...honor roll...didn't give her parents any problems...a pretty, tiny, girl who was going to meet friends at Applebees at which she was picking up a job application too.

LE knows that her cell phone was turned off almost the minute that she left their apt. She didn't show up to meet her friends. She was really good about checking in with her folks but they called and called and the calls would go straight to her voicemail. She was missing for a few days before she was found on the sidewalk in front of that apt building. Her dad said he walked by that spot numerous times as he showed his daughter's picture to people and hung up posters. LE believe that the girl hadn't been dead to long before she was placed in 3 garbage bags and deposited on the sidewalk. They figure that whoever grabbed her kept her alive for 2-3 days and then strangled her. She wasn't sexually abused and was fully clothed when found. She didn't have any missing jewelery. The only thing missing is her cell phone.

This girl went missing in June and this case received no media attention. Nancy just happened to read something about it recently. She had the mom and dad on tonight. This young girl wanted to be a nurse after she graduated. Her mom's whole family is in the medical field.

Nancy believes it was someone that the girl knew and that lives either in the same apt building or near by. It is like this girl stepped out her door and disappeared. She didn't have a boyfriend but some close male friends. This murder just doesn't make any sense at all. No rape, no theft, and kept her alive for a few days. No one saw anyone deposit her on the sidewalk. Must have done it in the middle of the night.

A reporter talked to a father and daughter in the building behind the sidewalk that the young girl was found on and the father and daughter said they didn't know anything but they said that people won't talk to LE because they don't trust them. They won't even call and not leave their names because of lack of trust. It's really a sad situation. People won't even call if they would be entitled to the reward!

Brutal Murder of "Perfect" Kid

Friends and family call Chanel Petro-Nixon the "perfect" kid. She got straight A's, went to church every Sunday, and lit up a room with her smile. The question detectives now have is, who would want to see her dead?

On Father's Day of 2006, Chanel left her home in the Bedford-Stuyvesant section of Brooklyn to walk down the street to meet a friend and then go to a job interview at Applebees. She wanted to get a summer job -- and she had the interview all lined up. But, she never made it to the restaurant -- or to meet her friend. A few days later, Chanel's strangled body was found in a trash bag, just blocks from her home.

More at link:
http://www.amw.com/fugitives/case.cfm?id=39853

Mom & dad of Chanel beg for info

BY JESS WISLOSKI and TAMER EL-GHOBASHY
DAILY NEWS WRITERS

The parents of a studious Brooklyn teen found slain and stuffed into a garbage bag broke their silence yesterday with an emotional plea for the public's help in finding her killer. "We need to come together with the Police Department and speak up so justice can be done," said Garvin Nixon, the brokenhearted father of 16-year-old Chanel Petro-Nixon.

More at link:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime_file/story/433832p-365505c.html

IMO this had to have been someone either in the same building or very close by. It's said she was still dressed and was not sexually assaulted, makes me wonder if it could have been another girl, possibly someone who was jealous of her for some reason? It sounds terrible but it's been known to happen. Or perhaps she saw something happen and had to be silenced. On Nancy Grace they were saying neighbors are afraid to talk to the police so it sounds like there must be some ideas out there, I'm thinking gang related and people are afraid of payback.

OB

Sadly I think you maybe right about this Old Broad....Iam in no way trying to say she was in a gang or had much if any contact with them by what I saw she looked like a very nice citizen ..only what happened to her look's to be a gang style of killing and a very sloppy one at that.. police should be able to hopefully get some print's off that trash bag or trace her phone down...Myself I think it's way pass time to lower the BOOM on these gang's...I might get some hate mail but you investigate how these gang's operate. It's don't make no difference what color you are or where you come from they operate about the same, some people in the media is getting rich playing these people up as some type of a Romantic Warrior's when the truth is they no better than the Nazi's of the 1920's to 1940's period of history...Yes I do blame the media to play these type of lifestyle's up like that just for money for there own greedy self's ...when the truth is these only low life criminal's working together..

I watched Nancy's whole show and came away with the feeling someone killed her who just wanted to see someone die as they were suffering. She was strangled, and the guy from AMW didn't say it but intimated to Nancy it was not done with hands but something else.

I also got the feeling she was somewhat tortured and maybe held for a few days before being murdered. At least it looks like they have a good profile. But think they have to be looking for a cold blooded killer like Hannibal Lector who loves the art of the kill!

Scandi

welder I hope no one was thinking that I meant this girl was in a gang, because I certainly never thought that, just that somehow she may have innocently become a victim of a gang member. I think it was even discussed on Nancy Grace the possibility of the murder being done as a gang initiation.

I wish the police would search every single apartment there, the killer has to be close by, she was only going half a mile away to apply for the job and never made it and her body was found so close to home. I can't imagine what type of hell her family is going through and knowing that it took a couple of days before she was killed. She still had her jewelry on, it broke my heart to hear her mother talking about being shown the gold necklace with her name on it, she knew it had to be her.
Her father talked about searching the streets looking for her, showing everyone her picture, including showing it to gang members. This beautiful girl and her family deserve justice. The whole country has been robbed of a young girl who had so much good in her to give.

OB

Old Broad I don't think they would..Just like me I never saw no major sign's that she is not what they sayed she was a good or perfect kid...but It's hard to be perfect now day's..I was kind of thinking on the line of she cought the eye of a boy and his girlfriend did not like that at all type of crime..Girlfriend and her friend's grab her and 1 thing lead to a other and it got way out of control...Look's like the crime wasn't for money or drug's, no sex involved so that's really next on the list of why.......To me anyway the crime was very sloppy done..I am surprized police not pick-up someone yet on this.

It's amazing this case was buried way back on page 20 or something and hasn't had a post since August of 2006 and it's not really even a cold case since it's less than a year old!! Yet there are cases on page 1 or 2 that are 10 to 20 years old!

HOW INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS IS IT THAT BLACK VICTIMS DON'T GET AS MUCH ATTENTION AS WHITE VICTIMS, especially pretty white women/girls!!

This case was just on Nancy Grace yesterday and this New York Post writer said it is very upsetting that this case is not getting any national attention and the implication is obvious.

She is black girl and there has never been a case of a black victim getting national attention unless they are a celebrity like Michael Jordan's dad or Bill Cosby's son.

If this was a pretty white girl you would see her picture all over the news almost every day. Just look at Jonbenet Ramsey.

The amazing thing about this case is that she was abducted in broad daylight and the body was dumped in a public area where trash is collected and no one saw anything????

I find that hard to believe!!

What do you all think?

It's amazing this case hasn't even had a post since 8/1/06 and it's not really even a cold case since it's less than a year old!! Yet there are cases on page 1 or 2 that are 10 to 20 years old!

HOW INCREDIBLY OBVIOUS IS IT THAT BLACK VICTIMS DON'T GET AS MUCH ATTENTION AS WHITE VICTIMS, especially pretty white women/girls!!

This case was just on Nancy Grace yesterday and this New York Post writer said it is very upsetting that this case is not getting any national attention and the implication is obvious.

She is black girl and there has never been a case of a black victim getting national attention unless they are a celebrity like Michael Jordan's dad or Bill Cosby's son.

If this was a pretty white girl you would see her picture all over the news almost every day. Just look at Jonbenet Ramsey.

The amazing thing about this case is that she was abducted in broad daylight and the body was dumped in a public area where trash is collected and no one saw anything????

What do you all think?

UM&AMWfan said:
It's amazing this case was buried way back on page 20 or something and hasn't had a post since August of 2006 and it's not really even a cold case since it's less than a year old!! Yet there are cases on page 1 or 2 that are 10 to 20 years old!

What do you all think?
pretty much what you do. It is a shame and really justs adds to my anger of all the wasted air time on Anna Nichol Smith.

I saw that on NG and really pray her killer is found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back