964 users online (178 members and 786 guests)  

Websleuths News

CA - Skyla Marburger, 3 months, Healdsburg, 1 September 1995

Skyla Marburger
    Missing since September 1, 1995 from Santa Fe, New Mexico.
    Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics
    • Date Of Birth: May 23, 1995
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 4 months old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 1'6" (46 cm); 15 lbs (7 kg)
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Blonde hair; blue eyes.
    • AKA: Skyla Kerr, Skyla Drakefield

Circumstances of Disappearance
    Skyla was last seen with her parents. Her parents returned home to Houston, Texas without her. The couple have refused to cooperate with police investigating the case. Skyla's grandmother confided to a co-worker that she was told by her son the baby "just died" and was buried "in a peaceful valley under a tree."
    The couple told California authorities they belonged to a religious group that forbade their seeking medical attention.
    The baby was born at a private home in Glorieta, a small town east of Santa Fe, on April 23 without medical assistance and without any official record.
    Based on information from other witnesses, police believe Skyla died in late October. Investigators feel she could have been buried in or around a national park near Healdsburg, California, where the couple were staying at the time.
    Last edited by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed; 05-07-2010 at 09:45 PM. Reason: updated doe network link

Southern New Jersey
    I hate these stories about parents not seeking medical attention for their children for "religious" reasons. Its such crap. Choosing to refuse treatment is something an ADULT can do, but the child should have medical care until he or she is old enough to logically make that decision. There was a cult in Massachusetts that refused medical care, and one woman literally had three children die in a row - the last one because "god" told her to starve the child to cure collic. She got pregnant again and was placed in jail, her baby was taken when it was born - one of the three children that died was buried and never found. I always wanted to go up to her and smack her senseless...

Charlotte, North Carolina
    You would think that if you were religious and believed that there were an all powerful being, that he (or she ) could make some people more intellegent or put the ingridents for the drugs out there and use them!!
    Find Brian Shaffer!!

Janet Christiansen, Kaiden, and Family, justice WILL prevail!

~*Cancel my subscription, I'm THROUGH with your issues*~

Swamp Gravy, Georgia
    Poor baby girl born to loser parents. I wonder if they did ANY time at all?!