778 users online (111 members and 667 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Driver gets 70 speeding tickets in 5 months

Driver gets 70 speeding tickets in 5 months

PHOENIX, Arizona (Reuters) - As a mortgage broker in Arizona, Francesca Cisneros is used to working with big numbers. It's the double-digit speed limits she has trouble with.

Cisneros racked up 70 speeding tickets in the last five months, a record for the Scottsdale Police Department, police said on Friday.

Speeding cameras in Scottsdale, a suburb of Phoenix, snapped pictures of the 32-year-old woman as she tore through the sun-baked city in her Honda Civic between March 2 and July 31.

"She told arresting officers she was speeding because she seemed to be late for client meetings all the time," Scottsdale Police Department spokesman Mark Clark told Reuters. "I guess she's got some time management issues."

The second-worst offender in the department's history accumulated a mere 25 tickets, Clark said.

Police said Cisneros said she threw her speeding tickets away because she thought nothing could happen to her if she didn't pay them.

Clark said Cisneros faces some $11,000 in fines and could have her license suspended.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060812/...RpBHNlYwM3NTc-

I think they ought to take her license away for a long time. What she's doing is very dangerous. She's disregarding others safety just because she can't manage her time well.
    That isn't right.

You right that very dangerous on a public highway's...she should get her license took away...That give her time to see if she has it to be the next big NASCAR star driver...( A Honda Civic????) I like to know the speed's she was getting out of that Civic??

What idiot doens't KNOW you have to pay speeding tickets??

SHe knew she just ignored it and OMG 70??
    She doesn't need to be driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann

.....I think you right I sure hope we get a update on this case I really want to hear what the judge will say to her..She might have a hard time speeding in a 7x10 foot room with bar's that don't serve nothing harder than water..

The chick does look a little clueless, doesn't she?

Actually she looks like her only concern is to get to where she was going.
    I am guessing she isn't clueless at all but she will sure try like hell to play like she is in court!

Actually she looks like her only concern is to get to where she was going.
    I am guessing she isn't clueless at all but she will sure try like hell to play like she is in court!
    If she can't take 10 minutes out of her day to slow down, can she take 24 hours out of each day to be dead when she wrecks?
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

They must have very low fines for speeding in AZ; $11,000 for 70 offenses; that's only $157.14 per offense. Heck, that's not even close to a redlight violation here. It would take two of those AZ speeding tickets to equal one of our CA red light violations, or a CA carpool lane violation.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzm1
    They must have very low fines for speeding in AZ; $11,000 for 70 offenses; that's only $157.14 per offense. Heck, that's not even close to a redlight violation here. It would take two of those AZ speeding tickets to equal one of our CA red light violations, or a CA carpool lane violation.
    Are you just "in the know" Buzz, or do you have a lot of experience with moving violations?????

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Are you just "in the know" Buzz, or do you have a lot of experience with moving violations?????
    Speeding in a school zone nets you an additional $500 on TOP of the initial speeding ticket here. I... don't... really...recall how I know that.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard
    Speeding in a school zone nets you an additional $500 on TOP of the initial speeding ticket here. I... don't... really...recall how I know that.

Is that your final answer?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    Bite your tongue woman, LOL, I haven't had a violation in 25 years. CA has large black and white reminder signs all over the place that glaringly remind us how much it is going to hurt financially if we screw up. Come to think of it, it must cost them a fortune to change all of those signs, as they raise the fines all too frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzm1
    Bite your tongue woman, LOL, I haven't had a violation in 25 years.
    That's terrific!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast