1327 users online (308 members and 1019 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

NY - Leslie Zaret, 17, murdered in Bayside, 1974

Neat! I hope they get the information they are looking for. But I wonder how they found out someone was talking about her in the first place...

I wonder what the conversation was really about? Let's face it, it only takes one nosey person (like all of us who read and post religiously hear at WS) to strike up a conversation about her. A group of people who all remember her getting a discussion going is not suspicious to me at all.

Now, on the other hand, if the conversation had a sinister twist to - "She got what she deserved" type stuff - different scenario.

I hate to say this, but I would look hard at the "popular, jock crowd" from her school.

Hope they can resolve it!!

http://www.qchron.com/editions/north...55d9fc9dc.html

A 40-year-old cold case murder of a Flushing teen in Bayside is being fired up anew by the NYPD.

Police are asking the public’s help in solving the murder of Leslie Zaret, 17, whose body was found on the PS 203 playground on Springfield Boulevard in Bayside on Aug. 17, 1974. Her body had been stripped and the cause of death was strangulation. Leslie’s clothing, a blue blouse with a flower print, jeans and beige platform shoes, were in a pile nearby...

Evidence showed that Zaret was not raped or had sex, but that she had been abused with a hairbrush. Police have partial DNA from the brush.

wow--my old neighborhood!!!!!! I know where all these locations are-----they should focus on the bar---likely that is where she met the killer/s--------was it a cop hangout, firemen hangout, Local 3 electricians hangout, Queens college/St Johns Univ. or Queensboro hangout-----old mans drinking bar or even a highschool hangout-drinking age was 18 back then.
    The greatest trick the Devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist.

Three candles that illume every darkness: truth, nature, knowledge.

"There, isn't this a beautiful piece of cloth!", exclaimed the swindlers, as they described the lovely design that didn't exist.

another few thoughts as well-------what about the law schools close by---York and St Johns Law---possible
    and JIB Lanes on Parsons Blvd was very active and still is--maybe a bowling league -----and Fort Tryon I think is in Bayside as well---maybe some soldiers were out for a beer
    The outfit Leslie had on sounds very pretty----something to wear on a date--it may have been her real intention to meet her boyfriend-----where was he that night?????????
    The greatest trick the Devil ever played was convincing the world he didn't exist.

"There, isn't this a beautiful piece of cloth!", exclaimed the swindlers, as they described the lovely design that didn't exist.

Thinking outside the box.

Were they able to decide the sex of the killer from the partial DNA?
    If they have not, there is a possibility the killer was a woman/women.

Some issue over jealousy perhaps. On her way home from the bar, they mentioned she may had gotten into a car, could had been a car of women. The hairbrush, was it hers or not?...........Stripping her for humiliation and using the hairbrush for humiliation. Classmates, friends of classmates etc perhaps. The hairbrush was found where left, and the legiture used to strangle her was probably left at the scene also. The hairbrush left inside her when found was also for humiliation when she was found from reading.

If the partial DNA proves to be male. Than all of the above can be deleted.

:+:Anneliese Michel:+:

[21 September 1952–1 July 1976]

[Second chapter twelfth verse of [
    :+:Philippians:+:]
    [Work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling]
    :+:Emily Rose:+:

good thought------the hair could be Leslie's or someone elses

Quote Originally Posted by Periwinkl3 View Post
    NYPD Det. Jim Osorio of Ronkonkoma said John Bowne High alumni who attended the school from 1970 to 1975 are of particular interest to police because Zaret's murder was a topic of discussion at a 2000 reunion. Some former classmates even pointed fingers at a possible suspect, police said.
    It certainly seems it was someone she knew, as they say she wouldn't have gotten into a car late at night with a stranger. She was only a few blocks from her home. She wasn't old enough to drink. I wonder what they used as a lure to get her in the car?
    All statements are my opinion only.

I'm pretty sure the drinking age was still 18 at that time.
    Unless specified otherwise and linked, my posts are simply random thoughts of mine, in no particular order, not directed at any post or poster, including but not limited to the ones directly above mine. My opinion only, yours may vary. IMO. JMO. IMHO. JMHO. MOO. Disclaimer, small print, asterisk, and etc.