806 users online (142 members and 664 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Arrow 2 Fox News People have been kidnapped

Just on Fox.
    They have been kidnapped from Gaza.....
    Fox won't release names....
    Was comfirmed by Fox 2 people.....

GAZA (Reuters) - Palestinian gunmen kidnapped two foreign journalists working for the Fox News television channel in Gaza on Monday, a witness said.

The witness, a Palestinian who worked with the two journalists, said one of them, a producer, was an American, and the other, whose nationality he did not know, was a cameraman.

The Fox News bureau in Jerusalem said it was checking the report.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the abduction.

The witness said two vehicles blocked the journalist's transmission truck in the center of Gaza City and a masked man put a gun to the bodyguard's head, forcing him to the ground.

The kidnappers then sped away with the two journalists.

Similar incidents in the past in Gaza have ended with the release, usually within hours, of kidnapped foreign journalists or aid workers.

Many of the abductions were carried out by Palestinians pressing a grievance against the Palestinian government or its security forces.

http://reuters.myway.com/article/200...APPING-DC.html

Do you mean they just kidnapped 2 reporters? How awful. I just put Fox on and it's 11: 43 and no other news yet.

Thanks for the thread by the way. I'm trying to think who they would be. They have a gal there I know.

Scandi

I heard news of this early this morning, but it didn't say who the reporters were with at the time.

Fox just did a news update and didn't mention it. I wonder why, as it must be very close to their hearts!

Scandi

They've either got to be negotiating for their return or they got them back and are keeping a low profile about it.

Scandi

I just read that a Fox employee in Gaza (who declined to be identified) says it's Steve Centanni and his cameraman. No confirmation from Fox.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Saving the world one act of random destruction at a time

And another reason Hezbollah needs to be erased!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Suz
    I just read that a Fox employee in Gaza (who declined to be identified) says it's Steve Centanni and his cameraman. No confirmation from Fox.
    Didn't know what he looks like....pic here...
    After I saw the pic, then I knew who he was, daaa

Also no update about this.......on Fox net or cable..

http://www.gogomag.com/sc3/

It's always awful when something happens to reporters whilst on the job, they really do put themselves in some precarious positions.
    I hope they are okay, any more news on them yet?

It is about 10pm Pacific time, and I just heard an update where the Fox reporter mentioned their being taken today, and their release is now being negotiated. That is what I thought was happening, and I bet the State Dept told Fox earlier today to keep the news about it quiet until they had a handle on it. I think these Fox reporters have been smiling through their teeth all day!

It is a risk these guys willingly take, to report live from a war zone in active combat. But their dedication to their job and doing what they can to give the world the true story about what is going on, is more important to them than being all comfy at the main office, doing other stories.

I know we all send them our thoughts of a safe return and our healing thoughts if they have been wounded.

I just got home. Has anyone confirmed it is Steve and his cameraman?

Scandi

Aug 15, 12:28 AM (ET)

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip (AP) - Masked Palestinian gunmen ambushed a car carrying a Fox News crew in Gaza City on Monday and kidnapped two journalists, including one American, witnesses and Fox said.

"We can confirm that two of our people were taken against their will in Gaza," Fox News said in a statement.

A Fox employee in Gaza, who declined to give his name because he was not authorized to release information about the incident, said American reporter Steve Centanni and New Zealand cameraman Olaf Wiig were kidnapped. The men, along with a bodyguard, were parked near the headquarters of the Palestinian security services when two trucks filled with masked gunmen pulled up and boxed them in, the Fox employee said. The gunmen took the two men out of their sports utility vehicle, which was marked "TV," and drove away, he said.
    http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060815/D8JGKQOG0.html

There is a website callled TMZ.com that is showing a picture of Steve and saying it is him.

Quote Originally Posted by scandi
    It is about 10pm Pacific time, and I just heard an update where the Fox reporter mentioned their being taken today, and their release is now being negotiated. That is what I thought was happening, and I bet the State Dept told Fox earlier today to keep the news about it quiet until they had a handle on it. I think these Fox reporters have been smiling through their teeth all day!

It is a risk these guys willingly take, to report live from a war zone in active combat. But their dedication to their job and doing what they can to give the world the true story about what is going on, is more important to them than being all comfy at the main office, doing other stories.

I know we all send them our thoughts of a safe return and our healing thoughts if they have been wounded.

I just got home. Has anyone confirmed it is Steve and his cameraman?

Scandi

Does anyone else find it ironic that these kidnappings occurred shortly after Jill Carrol's interview about her ordeal was broadcasted on GMA this morning?
    Rest in peace little Marcus.

Where is Jaycee Lee Dugard?

On GMA this morning they just said due to the circumstances that are happening in the world right now it may take a little longer than usual to get these 2 back.

I just found this on Michelle Malkin's website:

Internal memo from Fox VP John Moody to staff:
    "The rumors are true: two of our employees have been abducted in Gaza. We will report this fact via our Israel correspondents. Do NOT do any other segments on it. Do not book guests on this topic. Do not comment officially and of course, not on the air, about it. DO pray for their release. I will keep you posted."

Complete article at http://michellemalkin.com/archives/005730.htm
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Saving the world one act of random destruction at a time

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast