NASA loses 'One Small Step...' Tapes

IdahoMom

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
:doh: :confused: :(

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,208408,00.html

NASA officials are searching for the original videotapes from the first moon landing in 1969 in the hopes that they can use modern technology to produce sharper images of the event.
The video, including footage of Apollo 11 astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin walking on the moon, was transmitted from the moon to tracking stations in California and Australia.

The images that were then sent to Houston — and seen by the rest of the world — were substantially degraded.

Space program veterans believe the original tracking station recordings are stored somewhere at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Md. Telephone calls Monday night to NASA and Goddard

How could they let something so significant in our history get lost.

kato said:
That's what I was thinking. :doh: Maybe this is a case of being book smart and stupid in common sense.

IdahoMom said:
That's what I was thinking. :doh: Maybe this is a case of being book smart and stupid in common sense.

There's alot of that going around.

kato said:
Well I don't know how old you are, but back then most everything went in boxes and not saved to pc's...
The memory on pc's back then were rather small if any.......

I worked on computers back early in the 1960's, if you wanted to save something you used paper....
Nothing went to memory as we know today...

And for tapes were put in a boxes....

Pharlap said:
Well I don't know how old you are, but that then most everything went in boxes and not saved to pc's...
The memory on pc's back then were rather small.......

I wasn't even born yet. I just thought that through the years they would've updated it to some other type of techmology as technology progressed.

You would think that the tape(s?) would have been at the Smithsonian or something all these years. :waitasec: :confused:

Well they're not rocket scientists, you know....oh wait.....they are :crazy:

I thought I saw a part of it this last year on a cable channel, like discovery.
Not sure which one.:confused:
The direction of the flag was in question.

Pharlap said:
Well I don't know how old you are, but back then most everything went in boxes and not saved to pc's...
The memory on pc's back then were rather small if any.......

I worked on computers back early in the 1960's, if you wanted to save something you used paper....
Nothing went to memory as we know today...

And for tapes were put in a boxes....
Yeah, yeah, yeah. But something so significant you would think they would have made a copy of the tape itself and put it somewhere different for safe keeping ...

justice2 said:
Yeah, yeah, yeah. But something so significant you would think they would have made a copy of the tape itself and put it somewhere different for safe keeping ...
I bet they did, but where........hehehe...Maybe try Mexico

Did you see the interview with (forgot the guys name, daa) well, the person said
even if they found the tape they couldn't watch it BECAUSE they don't have
equipment to play it....:eek:
Give me a brake.......
I think it was lost on purpose......somethings not right here..

Sure, they "lost" the tapes. This is all just my opinion of course, but I don't believe we ever went to the moon. The landing was staged. I did do research on this, not just throwing about randomness here. Maybe the tapes could fool people when it happened, with tv quality and graphic effects not usually high standard. I think they don't want us watching the tapes because too many people will realize that it's FAKE!!! But really...if we could do it in 1969, how come nobody has since? Anyway, just my
twocents.gif

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back