1076 users online (174 members and 902 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 39
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    6,103

    VT - Nicholas Desnoyers-Langlois, 8, drowned, Isle LaMotte, 15 Aug 2006

    A friend of mine found and arrested the woman.


    This is an article with video prior to Nicholas being found murdered;
    8-year-old boy missing in Isle La Motte after mother found hurt




    Canadian mother murders son
    ISLE LA MOTTE -- A Montreal woman will be charged with killing her 8-year-old son after the boy's body was found Tuesday night submerged in Lake Champlain off the island town's western shore.

    Vermont State Police said the boy's mother, Louise Desnoyers, 48, who was hospitalized earlier Tuesday with what police called self-inflicted, life-threatening injuries, provided information that helped police divers locate the body of her son, Nicholas Desnoyers-Langlois, near a state fishing access. His body was found 25 feet off shore next to West Shore Road at about 7 p.m.

    Desnoyers was found by Grand Isle Sheriff's Department officers eight hours earlier lying in a shed on the east side of town after a resident called to report a car with Quebec license plates was parked on his property.


    News link with video

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    10,403
    That is so sad. Poor boy!

    Why won't these parents just kill themselves and leave the kids alone?!?

    Dark- kudos to your friend for finding the mother.

  3. #3
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,957
    My heart goes out to the boy's father. This is going to be so hard for him.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Posts
    3,358
    It's too weird to me that she is under medical care, so that they can charge her with a crime that I'd give her the death penalty for. If the injuries to her are life threatening - maybe it would be best to leave it up to her God.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

  5. #5
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,957
    Her injuries are no longer considered life threatening (too bad!). I would say they sought medical attention for her before they knew she caused her son's death.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Posts
    3,358
    Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb
    Her injuries are no longer considered life threatening (too bad!). I would say they sought medical attention for her before they knew she caused her son's death.
    Okay. I begrudgingly accept that. They had to know to call off the search for the missing boy. But now that they know, can they at LEAST withhold pain killers? Please?
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

  7. #7
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,957
    That's fine with me! She doesn't deserve any pain relief.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Whidbey Island, Washington
    Posts
    1,132
    Quote Originally Posted by GlitchWizard
    Okay. I begrudgingly accept that. They had to know to call off the search for the missing boy. But now that they know, can they at LEAST withhold pain killers? Please?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9,908
    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMom
    That is so sad. Poor boy!

    Why won't these parents just kill themselves and leave the kids alone?!?

    Dark- kudos to your friend for finding the mother.
    I agree.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    6,103
    Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb
    Her injuries are no longer considered life threatening (too bad!). I would say they sought medical attention for her before they knew she caused her son's death.
    Hi SewingDeb,
    I just got home from work,I was asked to do overtime at the hospital to oversee her.I declined.She is in a secure hospital room that is used for the facility and high suicide risks.There is a camera in the room along with an Officer.She came out of intensive care in the evening and then went to the secure room.She cut her wrists and apparently attempted to stab herself in the heart.
    She is not allowed visitors or phone calls.
    Respectfully,
    dark_shadows


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    6,103
    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMom
    That is so sad. Poor boy!

    Why won't these parents just kill themselves and leave the kids alone?!?

    Dark- kudos to your friend for finding the mother.
    Hi IdahoMom,
    It is always so nice to hear from you.My friend and his co-workers are having a hard time with this.Understandable.Also the man who called VSP is devastated.
    His town went through a hard time in june 2004,when teens that they knew murdered a couple,killed their dogs and set their house on fire.The teens were friends of the ones they murdered and used to swim in the Flurey's pool. One of the two teens was in our facility for a while.The two were separated and held in different facilities.
    Here is a link to an article.Quinten is the one pictured on the left.
    article

    link
    Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

  12. #12
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,957
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_shadows
    Hi SewingDeb,
    I just got home from work,I was asked to do overtime at the hospital to oversee her.I declined.She is in a secure hospital room that is used for the facility and high suicide risks.There is a camera in the room along with an Officer.She came out of intensive care in the evening and then went to the secure room.She cut her wrists and apparently attempted to stab herself in the heart.
    She is not allowed visitors or phone calls.
    Respectfully,
    dark_shadows
    Thanks, dark_shadows. Do you think she really meant to kill herself? Or was it an attempt at getting some sympathy. In other words, were her wounds that bad? Attempting to stab herself in the heart does sound like she really meant to kill herself.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    6,103
    Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb
    Thanks, dark_shadows. Do you think she really meant to kill herself? Or was it an attempt at getting some sympathy. In other words, were her wounds that bad? Attempting to stab herself in the heart does sound like she really meant to kill herself.
    SewingDeb,
    She is supposed to be released today from the hospital,she will either come to us (she is on our headcount and in our custody) or go to the Dale Facility.
    She also apparently ingested windshield wiper fliud and took pills (she apparently suffered from depression 3 years ago) also.
    She was a teacher.

  14. #14
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,957
    Thanks dark_shadows. It does sound like she intended it to be murder/suicide.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Vermont
    Posts
    6,103
    Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb
    Thanks dark_shadows. It does sound like she intended it to be murder/suicide.
    Hey SewingDeb,
    The fluid she injested was anti-freeze,not wiper fluid,it was thought at first that is was wiper fluid.It was later found out that it was in fact anti-freeze.She also had a bag over her head and taped to her neck.She is still in the hospital and is supposed to go to court today (friday),but that could be canceled again.
    She said that he was in a "nice place" when she was asked where her son was while at the hospital before her son was found.She stated that she did not want him to "suffer through divorce".She admitted that she killed him.
    Nicholas was tied by his wrist to a cast iron radiator.She admitted to holding him under water.





    photo link WCAX-TV


    Respectfully,

    dark

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. NOT GUILTY UT - Justice Sieverts, 1, drowned in bathtub, West Valley, 24 July 2006
    By PrayersForMaura in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-17-2015, 02:30 AM
  2. NOT GUILTY Canada - Renu, 2, & Movlika Elango, 3 mos, drowned, Markham, 2 March 2006 *Insanity*
    By Rle7 in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-11-2015, 09:44 AM
  3. GUILTY MI - Jammael Franklin, 8 mos, drowned in bathtub, Ypsilanti, 22 July 2006
    By ljwf22 in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-11-2010, 03:01 PM
  4. GUILTY CA - Richard Omondi, 4, drowned in bathtub, Fullerton, 10 Sept 2006
    By mum33004 in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-29-2010, 04:11 PM
  5. GUILTY TX - Alexander Maxon, 1, drowned in hot tub, Mansfield, 30 June 2006
    By cathieq in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 04-04-2010, 12:53 PM

Tags for this Thread