GUILTY VT - Nicholas Desnoyers-Langlois, 8, drowned, Isle LaMotte, 15 Aug 2006

dark_shadows

Former Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine found and arrested the woman.

This is an article with video prior to Nicholas being found murdered;
8-year-old boy missing in Isle La Motte after mother found hurt

Canadian mother murders son
ISLE LA MOTTE -- A Montreal woman will be charged with killing her 8-year-old son after the boy's body was found Tuesday night submerged in Lake Champlain off the island town's western shore.

Vermont State Police said the boy's mother, Louise Desnoyers, 48, who was hospitalized earlier Tuesday with what police called self-inflicted, life-threatening injuries, provided information that helped police divers locate the body of her son, Nicholas Desnoyers-Langlois, near a state fishing access. His body was found 25 feet off shore next to West Shore Road at about 7 p.m.

Desnoyers was found by Grand Isle Sheriff's Department officers eight hours earlier lying in a shed on the east side of town after a resident called to report a car with Quebec license plates was parked on his property.

News link with video

That is so sad. Poor boy! :(

Why won't these parents just kill themselves and leave the kids alone?!?

Dark- kudos to your friend for finding the mother. :furious:

My heart goes out to the boy's father. This is going to be so hard for him.

It's too weird to me that she is under medical care, so that they can charge her with a crime that I'd give her the death penalty for. If the injuries to her are life threatening - maybe it would be best to leave it up to her God.

Her injuries are no longer considered life threatening (too bad!). I would say they sought medical attention for her before they knew she caused her son's death.

SewingDeb said:
Her injuries are no longer considered life threatening (too bad!). I would say they sought medical attention for her before they knew she caused her son's death.
Okay. I begrudgingly accept that. They had to know to call off the search for the missing boy. But now that they know, can they at LEAST withhold pain killers? Please?

That's fine with me! She doesn't deserve any pain relief.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
GlitchWizard said:
Okay. I begrudgingly accept that. They had to know to call off the search for the missing boy. But now that they know, can they at LEAST withhold pain killers? Please?

IdahoMom said:

I agree.

SewingDeb said:
Hi SewingDeb,:)
I just got home from work,I was asked to do overtime at the hospital to oversee her.I declined.She is in a secure hospital room that is used for the facility and high suicide risks.There is a camera in the room along with an Officer.She came out of intensive care in the evening and then went to the secure room.She cut her wrists and apparently attempted to stab herself in the heart.
She is not allowed visitors or phone calls.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

IdahoMom said:

Hi IdahoMom,:)
It is always so nice to hear from you.My friend and his co-workers are having a hard time with this.Understandable.Also the man who called VSP is devastated.
His town went through a hard time in june 2004,when teens that they knew murdered a couple,killed their dogs and set their house on fire.The teens were friends of the ones they murdered and used to swim in the Flurey's pool. One of the two teens was in our facility for a while.The two were separated and held in different facilities.
Here is a link to an article.Quinten is the one pictured on the left.
article

link
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

dark_shadows said:
Hi SewingDeb,:)
I just got home from work,I was asked to do overtime at the hospital to oversee her.I declined.She is in a secure hospital room that is used for the facility and high suicide risks.There is a camera in the room along with an Officer.She came out of intensive care in the evening and then went to the secure room.She cut her wrists and apparently attempted to stab herself in the heart.
She is not allowed visitors or phone calls.
Respectfully,
dark_shadows

Thanks, dark_shadows. Do you think she really meant to kill herself? Or was it an attempt at getting some sympathy. In other words, were her wounds that bad? Attempting to stab herself in the heart does sound like she really meant to kill herself.

SewingDeb said:
Thanks, dark_shadows. Do you think she really meant to kill herself? Or was it an attempt at getting some sympathy. In other words, were her wounds that bad? Attempting to stab herself in the heart does sound like she really meant to kill herself.
SewingDeb,
She is supposed to be released today from the hospital,she will either come to us (she is on our headcount and in our custody) or go to the Dale Facility.
She also apparently ingested windshield wiper fliud and took pills (she apparently suffered from depression 3 years ago) also.
She was a teacher.

Thanks dark_shadows. It does sound like she intended it to be murder/suicide.

SewingDeb said:
Thanks dark_shadows. It does sound like she intended it to be murder/suicide.
Hey SewingDeb,:)
The fluid she injested was anti-freeze,not wiper fluid,it was thought at first that is was wiper fluid.It was later found out that it was in fact anti-freeze.She also had a bag over her head and taped to her neck.She is still in the hospital and is supposed to go to court today (friday),but that could be canceled again.
She said that he was in a "nice place" when she was asked where her son was while at the hospital before her son was found.She stated that she did not want him to "suffer through divorce".She admitted that she killed him.
Nicholas was tied by his wrist to a cast iron radiator.She admitted to holding him under water.

5290458_BG1.jpg

photo link WCAX-TV

Respectfully,

dark

OMG! How horrible, dark_shadows.

Thank you for providing the additional details. Divorce is rough on kids, but rougher than knowing your own mother is killing you?

She left the hospital friday morning,went to court and was brought to the state hospital in Waterbury for a 30 day evaluation.

Her common law husband of 30 years was in court to support her.
We were shocked at this move...

They also have a 15 year-old son.
The Prosecution said that the act was pre-meditated and she attempted suicide act was done with the knowledge that a horrible act had been done.
She will go back to court after the 30 day completion and then have a bail hearing.The Procecutors state that she is a flight risk and that it was pre-meditated.They want her in a secure facility while she is being evaluated.

I've always found it odd that these "nonhuman" people succeed at killing others but fail when it comes to themselves. I believe it was premeditated "murder", an act of revenge against her boyfriend - and I don't have any sympathy for her. I'm sorry but she should have researched her method of "suicide" better. She doesn't deserve therapy and support after what she did.

news link

Montreal, Quebec - August 23, 2006

A funeral service was held Wednesday for the little boy who drowned last week in Lake Champlain.

Family and friends gathered in Montreal to mourn 8-year-old Nicholas Desnoyers-Langlois.

Police say the boy was murdered by his mother, Louise Desnoyers, who was reportedly distraught over the impending break-up of her 30-year common law marriage.
5319520_BG1.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back