GUILTY OH - Marcus Fiesel, 3, Union Township, 4 August 2006

JinxieJada

Former Member
Reaction score
link http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/9688651/detail.html

ANDERSON TOWNSHIP, Ohio -- A community is coming together to help find a toddler who vanished Tuesday afternoon.Hundreds of searchers have been combing a park in Anderson Township, Ohio, and surrounding neighborhoods to find the missing 3-year-old boy.Marcus Fiesel was at Juilfs Park Tuesday afternoon when his foster mother had a medical problem and fainted.

While she was unconcious, Fiesel apparently wandered away from her and three other children.A search commenced Wednesday that lasted until 2 a.m., then restarted Wednesday."We've had not one single positive sighting at this time," Hamilton County Sheriff's Office spokesman Steve Barnett said. "We still want to get the word out to be vigilant, to look everywhere on your property."

More than 160 people have formed 16 search teams to look for Fiesel, who family said is developmentally disabled and thinks like a 1-year-old child."We're in full swing right now. We're going to continue these operations until we're able to come up with information or find Marcus," Anderson Township Fire Chief Mark Ober said.

Searchers have moved into neighborhoods around the 28-acre park, and Barnett said that officials have even ordered Dumpsters within 2.5 miles of the park to remain unemptied until further notice.Ober said many of the streets have been searched five or six times already, but that searchers will continue to cover those streets every two or three hours.

"We're all getting a little apprehensive at this point," Barnett said. "Very troubling, but we're continuing to pray and hope he's out there.""I know he's not here, because if he was, he would've gone up to someone. He's a very friendly, loving boy," foster grandmother Debra Hounshell said.

Fiesel is white, about 3 feet tall, with brown hair and blue eyes. He was last seen wearing red shirt, black shorts and sandals.Anyone with information about the child's whereabouts should call the sheriff's office at (513) 825-1500.

It could just me that I've read so many of these that I'm hardened, and I hope I'm wrong, but I'd be willing to bet the foster mother plays into this in a larger way than it appears right now.

Of course, I have absolutely nothing to base this gut feeling on, and I could be WAAAAAY off base, but it's what I feel.

That being said, I hope I AM wrong, and that the little guy turns up safe and soon.

Does anyone know if the biological parents are notified when this type of things happens? I'm not talking about being questioned as a suspect, I'm talking notified because even if one is in foster care, unless TPR has occured, aren't they still the legal parents?

I find it odd that with that level of intelligence they haven't found a single clue or piece of evidence in the area? No sightings - even fake ones?

Local rumors I heard tonight..... Allegedly bloodhounds were used in the search and never hit on the boys scent in the park. Allegedly the police are asking that if any adult saw the child in the park, they are asking that they come forward. Allegedly the foster mother once gave up some kids (don't know if it was these kids or other kids) for a while due to health reasons. Again, these are local rumors, not facts.

Still no sign of the boy. Police maintaining a "presence" in the park and in the area. No adults have come forward to say they saw Marcus at the park.
http://www.wkrc.com/News/Local/story.aspx?content_id=2EE14E46-BF99-49EC-9F53-1B2E32F79A72 (more info in the video than in the article)

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060817/NEWS/60817012

Foster mother's mother talks about her displeasure about the suspicion on her daughter. FBI now involved in the investigation. Foster father passed lie detector test.
http://www.wcpo.com/news/2006/local/08/17/grandmother.html

Any idea how old the other children are? And if foster mom passed out, who called the ambulance?

Is it normal for states to approve people with serious KNOWN medical conditions like this as foster parents? Since she knew she had such a history, I don't understand why she was willing to be alone with so many small children!

"We have searched over five square miles up to eight times," he said. "We are asking that no volunteers respond any more."

Quotes from foster mother, and info about why he was removed from the home of his biological mother, also a quote from her.
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060817/NEWS01/608170390

The other children are toddlers, her biological son is just 2 and a half and the other foster child, and the child she was babysitting were just 1 and a half.

Media has been passng a request from police that if anyone was at that park that day and took any pictures at all, that they bring them into police. Even if they had taken them of their own children, or with a cell phone. They have explained this as they want to see if there is anything in the background of the pictures.

No one has reported seeing the child in the park, and the mother has told that a "police officer" told her that he saw the child with a park officer, but police say that didn't happen.

Yes, even the cops think it is fishy. That is why they have been asking for anyone who saw the child in the park to come forward, for anyone who may have taken pictures in the park that day to come forward, and why they obtained a search warrant for the foster home and questioned the foster father for 10 hours.
There has been no trace of the child at the park, no witnesses at the park, and no indications yet of any foul play. Authorities are not calling them suspects yet, but they are publically questioning the story and the circumstances.

For the life of me, I just don't understand this. If I KNEW I had a heart condition that caused me to faint at times, NO WAY would I be alone in a park with a group of very young children. I feel she put them at risk even if she is totally innocent. I guess that sounds mean but I never would have put those babies into that situation to begin with if I had been her!!!

That aside, maybe some EXTRA added stress is what caused her to faint; like something happening to the boy BEFORE they even went to the park!!!

Foster parents speak
http://www.wkrc.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=8CC3FCFC-D1BD-434E-BB9B-AB002D2C797D

Mom speaks
http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060822/NEWS01/608220379/1077

Foster mother is speaking is a news conference right now. When they post the video, I will put it up. Foster mother says hubby was given a lie detector test, and he failed. She is very defensive, lots of talk about how this affects her. Hubby is on meds for bipolar. Talking about a past domestic violence incident. A search was done in the woods behind their house.

The mysterious disappearance of 3-year-old Marcus Fiesel last week has prompted an investigation into the safety of 116 other foster children placed through the same private agency.

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060822/NEWS01/608220378

Agency Under Investigation After Disappearance Of Marcus

Three year old Marcus Fiesel, who had been missing for a week was placed into foster care by a private company. Now Butler County officials say that they are investigating that company.

Companies like Lifeway for Youth are used often to find suitable homes for children. But now investigators are removing children that Lifeway for Youth has placed into foster care including Marcus' biological brother and sister.

Butler County Children's Services has opened an investigation on Lifeway for Youth. The County is looking into how the agency screens potential foster parents. Lifeway is required by state law to follow guidelines for placing children in foster care.
http://www.fox19.com/Global/story.asp?S=5310732&nav=0zHF

So the foster mother has a heart condition and her husband is Bi Polar. How did they ever get a license for foster care!

Isn't it strange how these little ones just keep disappearing. This is the second one now that was in foster care. There is also the little girl that is around 2 yrs old that the foster parent said unlocked the door in the middle of the night. Then there was little Ricky Holland who was an adopted foster child.

I'll bet that little boy was never at the park. Someone would have seen him. I would think that someone would have noticed a woman with 4 kids under 3 yrs old. I'm surprised that more people haven't come forward. One person said she didn't see 4 kids...but she saw 3 with the foster mom. That is probably the truth.

Hopfully someone will find this little guy. I wonder what really happened to him and which one did it.

I'm getting weird vibes from the press conference video. It led off talking about the problems the family is having since he disappeared. And she kept going back to that. Then she backed off the story she initially told about a police officer telling her that that the boy in the spiderman shirt being with a park officer. Now she says that someone told her that the boy in the spiderman shirt was with a park officer and a deputy. In the video she outlines what she says the family did that day. She appeared on camera in the clothes she wore that day, and pleaded for someone who saw her to step forward, she spoke about persons she says she talked to. The only thing that was different today than the day she went to the park? In the park she wore glasses and today she didn't.

I'm with Bobbisangel on this one. How in the world did this couple with their own serious medical problems become foster parents? Knowing she has such problems, why on earth would this woman take 4 small children out without another adult along? It just doesn't make sense to me. I truly hope this child is found safe, but I can't seem to believe that will be the case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RayaCo
Back