Let's Make a Deal!! New version of old gameshow...

cappuccina

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
...sleazy teacher gets "get out of jail in Thailand" free card to transfer to US prison in exchange for confessing to a crime that while he probably fantasized about, did not actually commit...

In return, and I don't know yet how the money exchanged hands, but I'll make a guess, JMO, that it did, PR is "exonerated" and JR doesn't ever stand to get arrested for being an accessory to 1st degree murder after the fact, obstruction of justice, lying under oath etc.

Mr. Karr will also get paroled earlier than normal as well, I'll bet - just a part of the deal....And some PI's, ex-cops, whoever Ramsey's boys are in addition to Smit get a little extra money to buy more tricked out accessories for their bass boats... (just a thought and my opinion)

Oh, and (said in my best Valley Girl imitiation), "like the geezer PI dudes didn't, like GIVE this guy the extra secret details he needed for his confession....like OmiGod..."

Oh, Capp. I SO hope you are wrong.

And as an added bonus, Homeland Security gets to arrest someone for child *advertiser censored* that ISN'T a Homeland Security Official.
clap.gif

From MSNBC:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14379566/

...snippet...

"He said Karr insisted his crime was not first-degree murder but that JonBenet died during a kidnapping attempt that went awry.

“He said it was second-degree murder. He said it was unintentional,” Suwat said. He said Karr told Thai interrogators that he picked JonBenet up at her school and brought her to the family’s basement..."

This guy wanted to be the perp. of this crime, but is not...

That is the biggest bunch of hooey I've heard recently! School was out for crying out loud... it was Christmas. She opened presents, went to Fleet White's house for dinner, came home and supposedly went to bed. She wasn't at school that day and probably hadn't been for a week. The man is nuts. He's injecting himself into a crime because he's apparently "in love with JonBenet". Next we'll be hearing that JonBenet loved him, too. I bet everything he knows about JonBenet he learned after her death and the subsequent years of massive media attention.

I truly don't know how so many posters are falling for this load of crap. Let's start with the fact that Lou Smit, Lin Wood and Michael Tracy are involved. If that doesn't start your skin crawling, I don't know what will. Then let's throw in that this man spent Christmas vacation of 1996 in Alabama, Georgia and Colorado. Then let's mention that he had been emailing with Michael Tracy for 4 years. And now he's admitting he picked JonBenet up from school and took her to the basement. It's laughable. He may certainly be a pedophile. And he may certainly be into child *advertiser censored*. But the killer of JonBenet? I don't think so.

Just becuase a suspect lies about a certain aspect of the crime, doesn't mean that he didn't do it.

How many suspects tell the partial truth about a crime that is later vetted out and the truth known?

I think he knows and knew his goose was cooked and I think he is trying to cover up a first degree murder with a sensational story aimed at saving his skin. I think he also enjoyed tormenting Patsy. I would imagine the letters started right about the time that the media reports that Patsy was sick again came out. I bet he mailed the letters shortly after so that he could guarantee Patsy was tormented. Then she died and his challenge ended? I am seeing signs that he was fascinated with child killings and we know about his *advertiser censored* charges pending so I think he was one of these guys like the Unibomber that wanted to be some tormenter of police. At some point, if his name doesn't surface as a suspect, he has to out himself for the world to know what he did.

Cal

HoT, Im afraid you are probably right. I'm still holding out that he is involved, but has a connection to the Ramseys. The after-school thing really kinda diminishes any chance he has a clue though. What inside info could he have had? Capp, he could have got the information from any number of places including PR herself (he was having emails with her?).

Capp, for the record ....

I enjoy your posts, but your beav and bh signiture drives me to distraction. It is too much movement when I'm trying to focus my eyes to read. You wouldn't consider changing it for a fan would ya? :blowkiss: I hate to turn them off because I really enjoy some of them.

calus_3 said:
Just becuase a suspect lies about a certain aspect of the crime, doesn't mean that he didn't do it.

How many suspects tell the partial truth about a crime that is later vetted out and the truth known?

I think he knows and knew his goose was cooked and I think he is trying to cover up a first degree murder with a sensational story aimed at saving his skin. I think he also enjoyed tormenting Patsy. I would imagine the letters started right about the time that the media reports that Patsy was sick again came out. I bet he mailed the letters shortly after so that he could guarantee Patsy was tormented. Then she died and his challenge ended? I am seeing signs that he was fascinated with child killings and we know about his *advertiser censored* charges pending so I think he was one of these guys like the Unibomber that wanted to be some tormenter of police. At some point, if his name doesn't surface as a suspect, he has to out himself for the world to know what he did.

Cal

Cal, this was Christmas. How much more tormenting does it get then that. If you are going to lie about any part of it, why that? He strikes me as someone who doesn't even know the basic info about the case, yet he has "inside info" ..... something isn't right here.

IMO, this says it all:

Karr drew attention to himself with a four-year exchange of e-mail with University of Colorado journalism professor Michael Tracey.

The ongoing exchange was initiated by Karr after he watched a documentary that Tracey - long a vocal proponent of the Ramseys' innocence - produced on JonBenet's death.

Tracey passed on information he developed to former Boulder D.A.'s investigator Lou Smit and El Paso County private investigator Ollie Gray, who in turn pressed Lacy to pursue Karr.
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/local/article/0,1299,DRMN_15_4923446,00.html

/sigh so just some nutcase then. Here I was hoping he might actually have some information on just what happened that night. Going to be hard to believe anything he says. :doh:

He said Karr told Thai interrogators that he picked JonBenet up at her school and brought her to the family’s basement..."

People need to remember this man supposedly said this to the Thai interrogators. That is reason enough to take into consideration that this is a misquote or misunderstanding of the statement. :waitasec:

Just a suggestion... at some point in the interrogation he could have told them he had picked her up from school... this could have meant in the past at sometime... especially if he was her tutor. Then he may have said later in the interrogation that he took her to the basement.

It may have been a statement taken out of context.

Perhaps....nothing, in this case, is beyond the realm of possiblities.

John does seem quite reserved in his judgement....despite the letters written to Patsy and the confession. I wouldn't be. Maybe John knows that this isn't the real guy?

Time will tell.

I don't think that this kook is the first wanna be to come out of the woodwork to claim responsibility. I also don't think that the various elements in the police and DA offices (some ramseys did it and some non-ramseys) would be amateur enough to make this arrest and then have it come out (like the infamous Bush CBS memos) that he was in the middle of a crowded room in Alabama on Dec 25, 1996. I think there must be a LOT of evidence in this case to make the arrest and then have no qualifications from LE that "this is a devloping story" or "Mr. Karr is a person of interest" type disclaimer.

I will have to go with my money on this guy. Now whether there was another actor involved, I dunno.

My money, if this is the guy, is that he saw JBR in a pagent and became obsessed with her there and that way. I think it is possible that he wormed his way into their home during one of their many parties.

Just another reason why I let no one other than my family in my home. No workers, no painters, no nothing.

Cal

cappuccina said:
From MSNBC:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14379566/

...snippet...

"He said Karr insisted his crime was not first-degree murder but that JonBenet died during a kidnapping attempt that went awry.

“He said it was second-degree murder. He said it was unintentional,” Suwat said. He said Karr told Thai interrogators that he picked JonBenet up at her school and brought her to the family’s basement..."

This guy wanted to be the perp. of this crime, but is not...

While I am also suspicious of this man's "confession" I also think we have to take EVERYTHING being report second-hand right now as possiblly false. I do believe that Karr had done extensive research on the Ramsey case because that has come from several different sources (family, teacher, etc) so it is hard for me to believe that Karr wouldn't know that he COULDN'T have brought JB home from school on that day. I think the Thai interrogator got some of his information mixed up. Undoubtedly, Karr knows more about the Ramsey case than the Thai official does. I am thinking that Karr claimed to have met JB at her school or even that he claimed to have brought her home from school at some time, and perhaps Suwat put that all together into one episode. Just my
:twocents:

EDIT: Hey Yaya! I see now that you already said pretty much the same thing. :D

He said he drugged her. Tox screen was negative. He said he had sex with her. We know that didn't happen. Now he claims he picked her up from school and did it. Ugh.

SuperDave said:
He said he drugged her. Tox screen was negative. He said he had sex with her. We know that didn't happen. Now he claims he picked her up from school and did it. Ugh.
But he knows the case inside and out. Why would he say this, guilty or innocent?

JBean said:
But he knows the case inside and out. Why would he say this, guilty or innocent?
he's a sicko wanting attention and boy is he ever getting attention

I really hoped he was the killer and the case would be solved but the more I read the more I highly doubt it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back