Just WAIT A MINUTE!!

WolfmarsGirl

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Now, we are all too smart to be duped, right?

Ok, let's just think for a minute about the timing of this thing.

First, we have Patsy passing away in June. Terrible and tragic, of course, but...

Then we have this gentleman come out of nowhere, practically, who walks the walk and talks the talk of the perfect perp.

Patsy is gone, so she can't be indicted for anything, um, extra that this guy might reveal during the course of his interrogations. Right?

Again, the timing just seems too, well, too pat...

We still have the ransom note (as many have mentioned), the Patsy-esque handwriting and writing-style, this guy's alibi.

I hope against hope that this guy is the one. But, I don't want to hear in a few weeks, "The confessed killer...indicated Patsy's involvement...John Ramsey was uninvolved and cleared..."

'Ya know what I mean?

Welcome to the cynics club.

And then John runs for public office again because now people think he got such a bum deal that they feel guilty.

Even the media is starting to sound more & more unsure about this guy's connection to the case. Unless they are playing it safe per instructions from lawyers or people in high places.

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one who is skeptical.

I hope he's the perp, but I have SO many questions.

How did they discover that this guy was the one?
Why did it take 10 years?
HOW did he get into the house?
Why did he leave the ransom note if he wanted to molest her, as
opposed to take her from the house?

I could go on and on.

The timing is just sooooo coincidental.

I have those questions also and these too:

Where is his stun gun?

Did he feed JB the pineapple? Wasn't he afraid Burke (or someone else) would wake up & find them downstairs eating at the table?

Why have we heard about so many suspects in various books and articles & yet we never heard a word about this suspect who supposedly was stalking Patsy & emailing her?

LI_Mom said:
Welcome to the cynics club.

And then John runs for public office again because now people think he got such a bum deal that they feel guilty.

My thoughts exactly. Actually, I thought Patsy would pass before John's last campaign, so this could all be handled back then...

If we haven't learned from so many previous rushes to judgement (Jessica Lunsford's dad, the Runaway Bride's husband, Natalie Holloway's many suspects, etc etc) over the past year or so, NOT to get caught up in the media whirlwind, which is usually FULL of misinformation in the early hours of a breaking news story, then we are truly lousy websleuthers. It is exciting news and we, of course, will be reading every tidbit we can get our hands on, but we should sit back and listen and watch carefully and with scrutiny to see what happens in the next few days. I hope that this guy wasn't set up as a Patsy (excuse the pun) by the Ramsey camp. That is just too cruel -- although I guess if he is really a pedophile/child *advertiser censored* addisct, then he deserves whatever he gets. I am also leery about the timing of all this - so soon after Patsy's death, but I do hope that there will be a resolution to the case soon, one way or the other.

I have to wait for the evidence. I was so excited when I heard an arest had been made. Now I just don't know.

Becba said:
I have to wait for the evidence. I was so excited when I heard an arest had been made. Now I just don't know.
Ditto.

Apparently it's breaking right now that he confessed to the murder after they arrested him in Thailand (at the behest of the US).

Stay tuned...

Shelayne said:
Apparently it's breaking right now that he confessed to the murder after they arrested him in Thailand (at the behest of the US).

Stay tuned...[/QUOTE]

LOL
Like all day :p

Originally Posted by Becba

narlacat said:

Very relieved to know I'm not alone. When I first heard the newsbreak, my heart stood still for a second. Then a rush came over me, I was thrilled!
Then, an already planned dinner with my cousin, the cynical detective of 16 years had me second-guessing my original rush.

Cousin too talked about the timing-too coincidental, but mostly he talked about the possibility of this being a very elaborate scheme to get back at Steve Thomas for all he did to discredit the Boulder LE et al. As cousin says, there are a lot of people who are really ticked off at ST, in a really big way. What better way to discredit him, for life than to find "the real killer".

After cousin left, I thought about it a lot. It sure wouldn't take a brain surgeon to put together a plot to get back at ST for making BLE to look like the Keystone Cops.
I'm right back on the fence, again! *sigh*
I want the killer caught in the worst way but not at the expense of an innocent human being.

Ohhhh I am so glad I am not the only one. I personally don't know all that much about but this just doesn't seem right. I kept saying to my husband last night that this has to be wrong.

I don't know a lot about DNA either but could his DNA be "planted" on her? Does anyone know if his DNA has been matched to her? This all just doesn't make sense. We joked that we would admit to killing her too if it meant getting out of jail in what ever country he is in. Much worse over there than in our prisons.

OMG!

Now I understand the total kook possibility thing.....but come on.

What's next? Bush arranged the arrest so that he could take the pressure off some obscure foreign policy blunder?

Paid by JR to take the fall? What, are we supposed to believe that JR had legions of people out there hoping to find someone to pay to take the fall for a case that was going nowhere and a case where he could never be convicted of anything just because his wife died?

Come on folks, not EVERYTHING, is a conspiracy.

Cal

Karr (from the TV news) appears to be a bit strange, don't you think? I saw no signs of remorse, just a blank expression. Most accused killers don't give statements, try to hide from cameras - seems very odd behavior.

Trino said:
Karr (from the TV news) appears to be a bit strange, don't you think? I saw no signs of remorse, just a blank expression. Most accused killers don't give statements, try to hide from cameras - seems very odd behavior.
Not for a sick twisted person. The only part I found credible was his statement that "it was an accident". Child molesting WACKOS minimize, he did that.

I still think a RDI, but hope I am wrong.

Well said!!!! I completely agree with you.
Amy
Cypros said:
If we haven't learned from so many previous rushes to judgement (Jessica Lunsford's dad, the Runaway Bride's husband, Natalie Holloway's many suspects, etc etc) over the past year or so, NOT to get caught up in the media whirlwind, which is usually FULL of misinformation in the early hours of a breaking news story, then we are truly lousy websleuthers. It is exciting news and we, of course, will be reading every tidbit we can get our hands on, but we should sit back and listen and watch carefully and with scrutiny to see what happens in the next few days. I hope that this guy wasn't set up as a Patsy (excuse the pun) by the Ramsey camp. That is just too cruel -- although I guess if he is really a pedophile/child *advertiser censored* addisct, then he deserves whatever he gets. I am also leery about the timing of all this - so soon after Patsy's death, but I do hope that there will be a resolution to the case soon, one way or the other.

WEll, in a way, you'd think this guy would have been arrested BEFORE Patsy died to help clear her before she passed. Wouldn't you, as a police officer or prosecutor, want to do that for this poor woman who'd spent the last ten years of her life under this UMBRELLA OF SUSPICION?

gaia:cool:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back