MSNBC Reporting Karr Admits Killing

Louisa

Former Member
Reaction score
Newbreak just on now saying Karr has admitted killing JonBenet. That's all I know.

I dont understand this from the article

"He told police while under arrest that he did kill the girl but so far he has not pleaded guilty in writing. This is needed as official evidence," Suwat said

Are Thai Police interogating him? Can they question him about a crime in the United States? and does Thailand need "Official Evidence" to release him to American LE?

tybee204 said:
I dont understand this from the article

"He told police while under arrest that he did kill the girl but so far he has not pleaded guilty in writing. This is needed as official evidence," Suwat said

Are Thai Police interogating him? Can they question him about a crime in the United States? and does Thailand need "Official Evidence" to release him to American LE?
The following article states that US officials were also present during the arrest:

ABC News: Man arrested in JonBenet murder

"We arrested him yesterday at an apartment not far from my office after having followed him for 21 days," immigration police chief Lieutenant General Suwat Tumroungsiskul told Reuters.

"During the arrest, we were accompanied by American officers. He has been in and out of Thailand a couple of times and the arrest warrant was issued just a couple of days ago."

Louisa said:
Here's a link, updated 12 minutes ago. The newsbreak I heard said this had all transpired within the past few minutes.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14379566/

I noticed that Lt. General Suwat over in Malaysia says that Karr claims that he and JonBenet "fell in love with each other", that she was very beautiful. What a weird and incorrect to say. "They" fell in love with each other!

Totally bizarre I agree Txsvicki.

Several posters commented that Suwat was a bit too jocular during the press conference, but I think the mood has captured all those involved in the case over in Thailand, and it was contageous. Even the Homeland Security gal was very happy. It is really something to have someone actually arrested {or will be when he hits US soil}, or held on a warrant in your own neck of the woods. Suwat even jokingly said is there a reward, and must take some pride being the Thai official in charge of the bust.

Scandi

i'm thinking this attitude is a result that they are pretty darn sure he's the one. i don't think there would be such a spectacle on the stations if he was just wanted for questioning.

they must be so happy to have done this.

i hope that this is finally over. now i just ask WHY??

... At the press conference, Suwat said that Karr insisted after his arrest that his crime was not first-degree murder. "He said it was second-degree murder. He said it was unintentional. He said he was in love with the child. She was a pageant queen," Suwat said.

So he's going with the "It was an accident"? :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar :behindbar

when i got wind of this first thing this morning and read a news report, tears were streaming down my face that the final justice for JonBenet is within grasp.

and then more tears for the Ramsay family and the dreadful loss of their daughter and what they have been through these past years.

i'm grateful Patsy was aware just before she died an arrest was imminent.

may both JonBenet and Patsy Ramsay R.I.P.

I did the same thing, Floh. I was telling my husband, and I broke down in tears.

I just realized that it is almost 5:00 am. This has consumed me tonight! I praise God that there may finally be justice in this case!

Floh, just hope he doesn't walk if he did do it.

But I reserve judgment until I know more.

I too got teary eyed when I heard about it. Then I kept blurting things out to no one: PINEAPPLE! PALM PRINT! HER HAIR! Still so many questions to be answered. If this is indeed the guy: what a horrible way to live your life for ten years, not only losing a child to murder but being the prime suspect, your entire life scrutinized, every action you've ever taken however innocuous becomes the smoking gun for your guilt.

Early this morning, the report was on German telly and significant other looked quizzically at me. he knew i knew who JonBenet was and what the case was about.

and i cried some more as i explained what was what.

now i'm back perched on that ubiquitous fence, damnit. things aren't as clear as i initially thought. this Tracy bloke for one.

i remain in grief for a little girl, so cruelly treated.

i'm just not sure by whom.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back