revealing evidence

tumble

Reaction score
Do you guys think this arrest means that LE will reveal more evidence that they have been hoding back?

tumble said:
Lets hope for a trial then
i hope there isnt a trial- i think there are things we just dont have a need to know-if he is proven to be truthful about his confession, thats all that matters..her killer is caught.
Let JB have some dignity about what happened to he..jmo

I think alot of people want to know, just a confession will not ease peoples minds about this case.

Better to bring it out in the open. Nobody questions JB's dignity, she was a child...

newtv said:
i hope there isnt a trial- i think there are things we just dont have a need to know-if he is proven to be truthful about his confession, thats all that matters..her killer is caught.
Let JB have some dignity about what happened to he..jmo

Of course they need a trial, a confession doesnt prove guilt. a Trial with evidence including the confession would yield a guilty verdict.

If there is a trial, how in the world can they ever find a jury who has not been saturated with coverage on this case? It's made world wide headlines for almost 10 years now. How many books movies have been made? TV interviews?
Any thoughts on what lawyers are now lining up wanting to represent Kerr? I'd bet more than a few are seeing dollar signs!

OB

Of course there needs to be a trial. It's important not to be seen to simply arrest and jail the first person who "confessed" regardless of the evidence!

Charlie said:
Of course they need a trial, a confession doesnt prove guilt. a Trial with evidence including the confession would yield a guilty verdict.
if his confession is accepted-there will be no trial-do u really think the justice system cares what the public wants to know if a trial isnt necessary-they will spend millions putting on a trial for entertainment? You can access public records and so on-maybe some things will be unsealed..but they dont put a trial on to prove a guilty man is guilty when he is saying he is..they prove that before they accept the confession.

If his confession is accepted-if its proven to be true-there wont be a trial-end of story-what is there to try?
Nothing-noone who pleads guilty gets a trial-they decide his fate by the judge and lawyers..this might be sensational for the person reading about it-but its legalese for the system-and there wont be a trial if one is not necessary.

After all this time, without hard evidence like dna, and only if he retracts his confession, and elects for a trial, will there be one.

His confession to foriegn lea may not be legal in a USofA court, I am not certain of its status even if stated to consular representitives?

His arrest in thailand sounds pretty formal, standard procedure.

The one piece of evidence I reckon he should have if he is the right guy is JonBenet's size-6 underwear he took as a trophy that night and any other forensic details.

edited:
Was it the hillside strangler who confessed to multiple rapes etc, but later dna evidence casts doubt on these confessions?

Jayelles said:
Of course there needs to be a trial. It's important not to be seen to simply arrest and jail the first person who "confessed" regardless of the evidence!
where are u living?
do u think that if scott peterson had confessed there would have been a trial so all of the on lookers could get the juice?
You will be expected to get the juice on your own..how do u figure there will be a trial if his confession is founded in truth and fact?
There is nothing to try and they dont put on a display for the public when they have a guilty plea that they accept as such.

UKGuy said:
After all this time, without hard evidence like dna, and only if he retracts his confession, and elects for a trial, will there be one.

His confession to foriegn lea may not be legal in a USAofA court, I am not certain of its status even if stated to consular representitives?

His arrest in thailand sounds pretty formal, standard procedure.

The one piece of evidence I reckon he should have if he is the right guy is JonBenet's size-6 underwear he took as a trophy that night and any other forensic details.

edited:
Was it the hillside strangler who confessed to multiple rapes etc, but later dna evidence casts doubt on these confessions?

he confessed on national television-there is no one forcing him to so do-he is already in trouble on his own.

newtv said:
if his confession is accepted-there will be no trial-do u really think the justice system cares what the public wants to know if a trial isnt necessary-they will spend millions putting on a trial for entertainment? You can access public records and so on-maybe some things will be unsealed..but they dont put a trial on to prove a guilty man is guilty when he is saying he is..they prove that before they accept the confession.

If his confession is accepted-if its proven to be true-there wont be a trial-end of story-what is there to try?
Nothing-noone who pleads guilty gets a trial-they decide his fate by the judge and lawyers..this might be sensational for the person reading about it-but its legalese for the system-and there wont be a trial if one is not necessary.

Jessie Miskelley from the west memphis 3 confessed and he was given a lengthy trial. This case will definetly go to trial if Karr seems to the DA's office as the most likely murderer. They only reason it wouldnt go to trial if some plea bargin was organised. The country has been waiting for an arrest for 10 years...they wanna see a trial.

newtv said:
he confessed on national television-there is no one forcing him to so do-he is already in trouble on his own.

newtv,

Which national televison, which location, and was he replying to a question, rather than offering a confession?

Until its taped under Miranda Rights etc, and authorized by a judge as valid evidence to be entered, then I'll just wait and see how everything falls.

newtv said:

I think there is some lawyer out there who will take this case and claim that the confession was given under duress and in a foreign country, therefore it was not a legal confession. That lawyer will take on the case and become hugely famous, like Johnny Cochran, et. all., due to all the publicity of the trial.

There is no way all the lawyers in this country will let this guy pass with a confession!

There will be a trial.

NaNaRosebud said:
I think there is some lawyer out there who will take this case and claim that the confession was given under duress and in a foreign country, therefore it was not a legal confession. That lawyer will take on the case and become hugely famous, like Johnny Cochran, et. all., due to all the publicity of the trial.

There is no way all the lawyers in this country will let this guy pass with a confession!

There will be a trial.
Hope you are right. Could there be a plea bargain.I am always very sceptical about plea bargains. I think this guy will go for an insanity defence, hence the unusual behaviour.Is this possible under the circumstances?

"some lawyer will take his case'--hey,how about F. Lee Bailey? dig him out of the mothballs--he did a great job with Sam Shepard,but of course that was 40 years ago :)

In Sweden we have a guy, Tomas Quick, that has made himself famous for false confessions. LE is doing all they can to keep him from getting jailed :cool:

UKGuy said:
newtv,

Which national televison, which location, and was he replying to a question, rather than offering a confession?

Until its taped under Miranda Rights etc, and authorized by a judge as valid evidence to be entered, then I'll just wait and see how everything falls.

what scott peterson said in his tv appearances was held against him-everything u say is..peterson had not been read nay miranda rights?/
There wont be a trial because people want one-there wont be a trial if some lawyer wants one-not if his confession is accepted..it will be over once its found credible-what is he going to go to trial for.
Obviously if he recants thats different..but he hasnt yet-he has made it even more certain to the world-but we have to see if it holds up-thats what will be done.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back