Karr's Interview

calus_3

Former Member
Reaction score
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,208858,00.html

"I was with JonBenet when she died," Karr told reporters

"Her death was an accident."

Asked if he was innocent of the crime, Karr said: "No."

"I am so very sorry for what happened to JonBenet. It's very important for me that everyone knows that I love her very much, that her death was unintentional, that it was an accident."

Asked what happened when JonBenet died, he said: "It would take several hours to describe that. It's a very involved series of events that would involve a lot of time. It's very painful for me to talk about it."

Karr also told the AP he contacted JonBenet's mother, Patsy Ramsey, before her death in June and that he wrote her letters about "many things." He said he hoped that she received the letters.

He said Karr insisted his crime was not first-degree murder but that JonBenet died during a kidnapping attempt that went awry.

"He said it was second-degree murder. He said it was unintentional," Suwat said.

"He said he loved this child, that he was in love her. He said she was very pretty, a pageant queen. She was the school star, she was very cute and sweet," Suwat said.

Add the fact that the DA and police in Bolder stated that he confessed to portions of the crime that only the killer would know.....pretty much puts it to bed for me. There is a lot more to come but I don't think that new DA in Boulder would go out on a limb over some kook that admitted to something he didn't do.

Cal

calus_3 said:

"I am so very sorry for what happened to JonBenet. It's very important for me that everyone knows that I love her very much, that her death was unintentional, that it was an accident."

Asked what happened when JonBenet died, he said: "It would take several hours to describe that. It's a very involved series of events that would involve a lot of time. It's very painful for me to talk about it."

Karr also told the AP he contacted JonBenet's mother, Patsy Ramsey, before her death in June and that he wrote her letters about "many things." He said he hoped that she received the letters.

He said Karr insisted his crime was not first-degree murder but that JonBenet died during a kidnapping attempt that went awry.

"He said it was second-degree murder. He said it was unintentional," Suwat said.

"He said he loved this child, that he was in love her. He said she was very pretty, a pageant queen. She was the school star, she was very cute and sweet," Suwat said.

Add the fact that the DA and police in Bolder stated that he confessed to portions of the crime that only the killer would know.....pretty much puts it to bed for me. There is a lot more to come but I don't think that new DA in Boulder would go out on a limb over some kook that admitted to something he didn't do.

Cal

Me too, May Jonbenet and Patsy Rest In Peace.

calus_3 said:

Cal
What the heck!! Is this for real?

What do you mean, is this for real? Which part?

Cal

I am being sarcastic, like the part where he says it was an accident. Yea right, come on. If he did do it, it was not an accident.

You mean the king of sarchasm missed one? :D

I was wondering because there are doubters that are running amok.

Good to see you again....been a while.

Cal

calus_3 said:
You mean the king of sarchasm missed one? :D

I was wondering because there are doubters that are running amok.

Good to see you again....been a while.

Cal
Lol, I have been known to come up with a little sarcasm myself.;) Where have you been?

On double super-secret suspension.....I thought it was permanent but apparently the owner needed a spike in hits for revenue purposes and went deep into the bench! :D One day it started working again, so I am happy to be here for this event.

I have to stay away from the political board so I won't get banned again! :D

Cal

I'm just waiting for someone to ask Karr, if he knew Michael Helgoth (Helgoth's apparent suicide was later believed to be homicide), or made his acquaintance for a "very specific reason"; or if he ever trolled around the Dance West studio, where JB took dance lessons.

I may be reading into this, but it seems as though Karr is coming up just short of saying that someone was with him. Or that someone else was responsible for the death, and that he only wanted her. Perhaps that is the poker chip he will trade, for his life. He'll give up the name of the person who helped him gain entry into that house.

BloodshotEye said:
I'm just waiting for someone to ask Karr, if he knew Michael Helgoth (Helgoth's apparent suicide was later believed to be homicide), or made his acquaintance for a "very specific reason"; or if he ever trolled around the Dance West studio, where JB took dance lessons.

I may be reading into this, but it seems as though Karr is coming up just short of saying that someone was with him. Or that someone else was responsible for the death, and that he only wanted her. Perhaps that is the poker chip he will trade, for his life. He'll give up the name of the person who helped him gain entry into that house.
Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmm.

You know, I have been on the fence for 10 yrs, now I jump from once side of the fence to the other with each new thread that pops up! This is crazy! Will we every get the TRUTH? :crazy:

There's one statement that Karr has made that makes me go :waitasec: . He said that he picked JBR up from her school and then left her in the basement. What was JBR doing at SCHOOL Christmas night? It's also doubtful that she was in school the following morning...kids are usually out of school during the holidays. This statement is very inconsistent. Also, how would he know where all the notepads, pens, paintbrushes, etc. were in the house? And why take the time to wander around the house looking for these things? And if he did indeed mean to kidnap her for ransom, why return the dead child to her home and STILL leave a ransom note? This just isn't adding up. Also, how come his ransom would just happened to be the amount that JR got as a bonus? This is just getting weirder and weirder all the time.

A person in my office theorized that perhaps JBR was killed by an outside entity but the Ramsey's may have thought that maybe Burke might have done it and possibly covered up for him.

One of three things about this guy: 1) He's one of those nutcases that confess to a crime for bizarre reasons even though he may not be guilty of it; 2) He took part in it but had some "help"; or 3) He really did do it. (I'm hoping for option 3 myself.) I'm hoping there's DNA linking this guy, too. But I don't think this mystery is quite over with, folks.

Yes Daisy, agree about the uncertainty within the household. It would not be out of the question, for something this horrific, to cause family members to have that twinge of doubt about each other. The press and gossip might begin to twist one's mind and confidence. Agreed, they seemed to take a very defensive posture, one that nearly destroyed the family. A big PR backfire.

Karr is a very curious person indeed.
If he was involved, as he said he was, then I speculate that he was in that house for quite some time. On that day/night, or on some other day. With his background/resume, he strikes me as someone who is very patient, and narrows in on the right setting, in a very methodical way. Like how a teacher goes about teaching a lesson to a child. Karr's demeanor almost seems very child like. Or perhaps that is his attempt to relate better, to the victims of his obsession. He is very slight, and carries himself more like a young boy; doe eyed. And seems careful to hold his neck very straight, and head perfectly balanced on his neck. As if he is a little boy, told to sit up straight. Definitely not like the bubba-kooks we see listed in the state perp lists. Weird guy though.

He said Karr told Thai interrogators that he picked JonBenet up at her school and brought her to the family’s basement..."

People need to remember this man supposedly said this to the Thai interrogators. That is reason enough to take into consideration that this is a misquote or misunderstanding of the statement.
waitasec.gif

Just a suggestion... at some point in the interrogation he could have told them he had picked her up from school... this could have meant in the past at sometime... especially if he was her tutor. Then he may have said later in the interrogation that he took her to the basement.

It may have been a statement taken out of context.

Yaya said:
He said Karr told Thai interrogators that he picked JonBenet up at her school and brought her to the family’s basement..."

People need to remember this man supposedly said this to the Thai interrogators. That is reason enough to take into consideration that this is a misquote or misunderstanding of the statement.
waitasec.gif

Just a suggestion... at some point in the interrogation he could have told them he had picked her up from school... this could have meant in the past at sometime... especially if he was her tutor. Then he may have said later in the interrogation that he took her to the basement.

It may have been a statement taken out of context.
Good point Yaya.

:laugh:
calus_3 said:
On double super-secret suspension.....I thought it was permanent but apparently the owner needed a spike in hits for revenue purposes and went deep into the bench! :D One day it started working again, so I am happy to be here for this event.

I have to stay away from the political board so I won't get banned again! :D

Cal
Oh My, Stay away from that board so you wont be temped.

calus_3 said:

Cal

You know when I read this and when I hear his interview on t.v. I am just not convinced that he is the guy. Has he ever directly come out and said "I killed her"? His answers seem vague to me and the questioning is somewhat leading. I am by no means a super sleuth I mostly just sit and read what the rest of you have to say but something about this doesn't sit right with me. Maybe he was in the basement with her when she died. I do not believe for one minute that her death was unintentional. I am also not sure if he was a participant that he was alone. I am not in anyway implying that the Ramseys were involved. This just feels odd to me.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rachel1987
Back