8/17 News Conference/News updates for worker bees

christine2448

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Hiya everyone....I know there will be a news conference today from Boulder...and I know there will be probably lots of news on the case throughout the day....could you sleuthers that are at home w/TV please keep us all up to date on conference and what is happening on FOX/CNN ect today?

PLEASE? I am stuck at work with NO TV or RADIO :(

CNN Discussing him now and played a tape wherein he said that he contacted Patsy before her death several times via mail. He says that he told her how sorry he was and that he never meant for JonBenet's death it was an accident he loved her.

Hiya Dragon, Hiya Laker! I am dying here, I need a TV!!!!!! I hope someone will post for us during the conference.

Poor Christine, I will listen to the news and post anything that has not already been posted for ya'll....:blowkiss: LOL....

kwatson696 said:
Poor Christine, I will listen to the news and post anything that has not already been posted for ya'll....:blowkiss: LOL....
Thanks Karen! ANd thanks in advance to anyone else that can help us out today....we need someone to post during the conference.

STill made at myself for coming to work today :slap:

WHat time is the conference?

Nothing is going on right now?????

No charges have been filed , investigation is in early stages will continues, Mr Carr is presumed innocent.

tybee204 said:
No charges have been filed , investigation is in early stages will continues, Mr Carr is presumed innocent.
She did also say that they try to be as thorough as possible prior to making an arrest.

If this is the guy, she did a great job of being neutral and not displaying bias. This will probably be an important factor in the future, jury selection, etc. She is preserving the case, IMO. If there is a case.

I think the News breaking yesterday forced their hand. It appears their only evidence is his emails to the documentory guy.

I just caught the end of it, very informative..."No comment, cannot comment on that at this time, no comment, and one more question? uh, no comment"

loved the first question to "are you concerned about a false confession?"
nice one!

Before the conference i was catching some sleep and missed the "karr drugged JBR" story, can someone please fill me in?

DA said they have spent 'the past few months' locating this man. Said there is "much more work to be done" and that Mr. Karr is presumed innocent and she cannot comment on this specific case. But in a GENERIC sense authorities work hard not to arrest an individual until the investigation is substantially complete. Some reasons to arrest before a complete investigation are: 1. Public Safety, 2. Fear of Flight.
Asks people to heed John Ramsey's words and not rush to judgement with this
arrest but to let the facts come out.

The news conference was basically the DA thanking everyone from the Federal offices here in the US which assisted in them serving the warrant in Thailand, and the Thiailand authorities (everyone there) then saying we can not comment on the case. The big point that stood out was that she said there is much more work to be done in this investigation. I kind of got the feeling that everything is still up in the air, and they wanted simply to really talk and check this guy out on US soil. She prefaced everything with they are maintaining a presumption of innocence in Mr. Karr.

TexMex said:
DA said they have spent 'the past few months' locating this man. Said there is "much more work to be done" and that Mr. Karr is presumed innocent and she cannot comment on this specific case. But in a GENERIC sense authorities work hard not to arrest an individual until the investigation is substantially complete. Some reasons to arrest before a complete investigation are: 1. Public Safety, 2. Fear of Flight.
Asks people to heed John Ramsey's words and not rush to judgement with this
arrest but to let the facts come out.
She also mentioned concern for the suspect's rights. If this is the guy, she is playing it by the book.

ETA:We hear so much about officials geting on TV and saying the case is strong, he's our man, slam dunk,etc.That always seems to come back and haunt them in one way or another.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back