Jon Benet Died Of A Chloroform Overdose.. Per Karr, Allegedly

Wudge said:
A report has Karr saying that Jon Benet died of a chlorform overdose.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,20169106-1702,00.html
OK, does this mean that the autopsy report was wrong, and the garrotte around her neck had nothing to do with her death? And if this is what happened why did he strick her with an object after she was already dead?

Is there any record of anyone ever dying from chlorform?

michelle said:
Wow, Is there anyway they could have found that in her system or does that go unoticed?

I would think that an analyses of lung tissue would reveal the presence of chloroform.

If she were chloroformed and out cold or dead why the blunt force trauma to the head?

....acording to the autopsy, she was budgeoned first (with the flaslight), then strangled. The reason they could tell this is because bodies BLEED ONLY WHEN THEY ARE ALIVE...

If she were dead and then hit on the head, she would not have a subdural hematoma, or bleeding of the brain....

michelle said:
Wow, Is there anyway they could have found that in her system or does that go unoticed?

I would think that an analyses of lung tissue would reveal the presence of chloroform.

Chloroform can easily burn skin, such as lips Given the use of a garrote to strangle Jon Benet, you have to wonder if this is Karr hoping that he might more readily sell a chloroform overdose as an accident versus death from a garrote strangulation.

cappuccina said:
....acording to the autopsy, she was budgeoned first (with the flaslight), then strangled. The reason they could tell this is because bodies BLEED ONLY WHEN THEY ARE ALIVE...

If she were dead and then hit on the head, she would not have a subdural hematoma, or bleeding of the brain....give it up Wudge, alrighty?
That answers my theory then. I would have guessed if he were mentally off he may have bludgeoned her "for dying". This would have been done in anger.

cappuccina said:

If she were dead and then hit on the head, she would not have a subdural hematoma, or bleeding of the brain....give it up Wudge, alrighty?
Ceril Wecht (Sp?) the forensic doctor who wrote the book "Who Killed JonBenet" said today on Fox that there was only 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of blood and that the blow came post mortem. I do realize that there are other forensic people out there who have said the opposite of his comment. So there are two camps as to when the blow to the head actually came.

Does anyone know what the autopsy report actually said about the blow to the head?

dragonfly707 said:
Ceril Wecht (Sp?) the forensic doctor who wrote the book "Who Killed JonBenet" said today on Fox that there was only 1 and 1/2 teaspoons of blood and that the blow came post mortem. I do realize that there are other forensic people out there who have said the opposite of his comment. So there are two camps as to when the blow to the head actually came.

Does anyone know what the autopsy report actually said about the blow to the head?
Here is the report:
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/jonbenet1.html

guppy said:
It is beginning to get a bit suspicious that all of his statements don't match what is known about the crime. Don't false confessors usually get at least one thing right?

Guppy, per the medical reports, I think we have all long held that Jon Benet died of strangulation. I certainly am not buying into today's news report that has Karr allegedly making this claim. Assuming the report is accurate, I will wait for medical experts to comment on this newly alleged cause of death.

However, Karr clearly said that JonBenet's death was an accident and that the correct murder charge, per Karr, would be second-degree murder. Before now, I honestly do not recall hearing a murder suspect citing what the proper murder charge should be.

As I posted above, this could be Karr thinking that an accidental death would sell better if he said it was from a chloroform overdose versus from a more heinous garroting. Moreover, though it was not certifiably proven, we still have the alleged stun gun marks, and I do not see why he would have used both a stun gun and chlorofrm. So we will need to wait to hear more about what allegedly took place that night.

Chanler said:
The source of many of these controversial reports seems to be the same Thai official who previously told a Western journalist that he had not been present at interrogations. I'm waiting for the dust to settle....

Very smart. (salute)

It has been stated these statements about the drugging and sex came from Thai authorities who didn't hear it first hand. It's possible it's a bad report like the one at the beginning stating he had been held on unrelated sex charges.

On a positive note, since it has been reported that he sent several letters to Patsy and if she really did forward them to the police, I imagine they have at least had the handwriting analyzed against the ransom note and have a positive match on that crucial piece of evidence AND who knows, maybe he licked the stamp and the envelope and they already have a DNA match too!

stonewall said:
It has been stated these statements about the drugging and sex came from Thai authorities who didn't hear it first hand. It's possible it's a bad report like the one at the beginning stating he had been held on unrelated sex charges.

On a positive note, since it has been reported that he sent several letters to Patsy and if she really did forward them to the police, I imagine they have at least had the handwriting analyzed against the ransom note and have a positive match on that crucial piece of evidence AND who knows, maybe he licked the stamp and the envelope and they already have a DNA match too!

Karr's handwriting would have been available to authorities from a large number of sources such as loan applictions, previous employers, etc..

stonewall said:
<snip>On a positive note, since it has been reported that he sent several letters to Patsy and if she really did forward them to the police, I imagine they have at least had the handwriting analyzed against the ransom note and have a positive match on that crucial piece of evidence AND who knows, maybe he licked the stamp and the envelope and they already have a DNA match too!
:confused:

I do believe it was e-mail correspondence, not postal mail correspondence. Feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.

KatK said:
:confused:

I do believe it was e-mail correspondence, not postal mail correspondence. Feel free to correct me if I am mistaken.
It has been reported that he corresponded thru email to the professor and also that he sent letters directly to Patsy telling her he was sorry her child died.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back