Christmas 1996

akgal

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
Can any one say for sure who they spent Christmas with in 1996?

I'm supposing if I had been married and my husband didn't spend Christmas with me and my kids, I might remember that. But I've been trying to remeber what I did for Christmas that year and I can't remember.

I can take a guess that I spent it with pretty much the same people I do every year (my family), but I wouldn't be able to tell you which of my family were there and which ones weren't.

Yup, I can. I spent it with my husband and his family. His sister was there who was dying of cancer.

I was with my husband, 3-year-old daughter & our new baby son who was born November 20th. We had snow flurries a few days before Christmas, b/c I can remember standing at the window of our house next to the Christmas tree while both my children napped and videotaping it for them. We watched "the Sound of Music" at some point one night during the holidays...I have video of Christmas morning with our daughter breathlessly running from one thing to the next that Santa brought and my husband giving our son a bottle as he watched her....we went later than day to my grandmother's house for Christmas lunch. I have replayed that holiday over and over in my mind b/c b/c of how happy we were and not knowing this beautiful little 6-year-old would be murdered later that night or early the next morning in Boulder, CO, and how it would become such a national mystery and sensation for the next decade.

I remember in the days following being a busy mom but catching snatches of stuff on TV about the child beauty queen who had been found murdered in Colorado. It wasn't until I saw her parents giving that tearful interview to CNN on New Year's and I read about it in People magazine that I put it all together, what had happened, b/c of being so busy with my children and not paying much attention to TV.

I know where and with whom I was on that Christmas day. We always take pictures so there is also a photgraphic record in my case.

akgal said:

I'm supposing if I had been married and my husband didn't spend Christmas with me and my kids, I might remember that. But I've been trying to remeber what I did for Christmas that year and I can't remember.

I can take a guess that I spent it with pretty much the same people I do every year (my family), but I wouldn't be able to tell you which of my family were there and which ones weren't.
So odd, but just day before this news all broke, for some random reason, my dh and i watched our 1996 xmas video tape. So, yes now I can. but looking at the tape, there is no way i would have remebered that particular Christmas. There were more people at our celebration than usual and I would not have recalled that.

englishleigh said:
I was with my husband, 3-year-old daughter & our new baby son who was born November 20th. We had snow flurries a few days before Christmas, b/c I can remember standing at the window of our house next to the Christmas tree while both my children napped and videotaping it for them. We watched "the Sound of Music" at some point one night during the holidays...I have video of Christmas morning with our daughter breathlessly running from one thing to the next that Santa brought and my husband giving our son a bottle as he watched her....we went later than day to my grandmother's house for Christmas lunch. I have replayed that holiday over and over in my mind b/c b/c of how happy we were and not knowing this beautiful little 6-year-old would be murdered later that night or early the next morning in Boulder, CO, and how it would become such a national mystery and sensation for the next decade.

I remember in the days following being a busy mom but catching snatches of stuff on TV about the child beauty queen who had been found murdered in Colorado. It wasn't until I saw her parents giving that tearful interview to CNN on New Year's and I read about it in People magazine that I put it all together, what had happened, b/c of being so busy with my children and not paying much attention to TV.
That's a beautiful evocation, Englishleigh.

akgal said:

Absolutely. My partner and I spent Christmas together. And our son was there, too (unless it was the year our son had that domineering girlfriend who insisted they go to the desert with her "friend" from France who it later turned out she was also sleeping with).

Nova said:
Absolutely. My partner and I spent Christmas together. And our son was there, too (unless it was the year our son had that domineering girlfriend who insisted they go to the desert with her "friend" from France who it later turned out she was also sleeping with).

LOL, Nova...sounds like you didn't like this chick ;)...hope she didn't hurt your son too badly.

englishleigh said:
LOL, Nova...sounds like you didn't like this chick ;)...hope she didn't hurt your son too badly.

Alas, I'm afraid she just about killed him. But she was French and it was interesting to hear how France won the two World Wars singlehandedly.

I think the ex-Mrs. Karr either remembers her husband's whereabouts on Christmas 1996 or will be able to find out pretty quickly. It's a memorable time of year.

I remember exactly where I was. I just do not believe that his wife would not remember unless he travelled a lot for business but even so I think it is feasible that he has an alibi.

We always do the same things on Christmas...and have for the last 30 years. So, yes, I do know exactly where I was. And we also have video and pictures of our family get-togethers.

So if this guy was indeed with his family in Alabama, I don't think it's going to be that hard to document this. Had it been just a random day, yes, I can see where it might be a problem.

I don't remember absolute specifics about Christmas 1996, but I do know that I spent it with my family. I spend all my Christmasses with family and I sure as heck would remember if my husband was away that year or not.

akgal said:
My husband and I spent it together in Albuquerque, NM. He had just returned home from a 3 month duty in Italy. He also gave me diamond earrings that Christmas. :)

Yeah, I'd only remember if there was something unusual... between this and hiring a lawyer, I'd say that maybe, just maybe, if his DNA matches or he really does have unknown details about the crime - maybe she remembers because she helped him cover it up, and is alibiing him for her own benefit. "1996 - oh yeah, that was the year we fought Christmas Eve, he stormed out, and didn't return for a few days, with a bunch of clothes he wanted me to destroy..." - that'd be memorable. One more Christmas, however pleasant, wouldn't be so much so.

Have they resolved the two contradictory alibis yet? One alibi proves he didn't do it, two alibis makes it look much more like he did.

I would remember if my husband was not home for Christmas when we had young children. Were he to be gone Christmas my kids would have been on meltdown and he would have had hot burning coal in his stocking.

We spent Christmas at home, we hosted both of our families. My youngest child was 4 months old. We had just taken a trip to Disneyland right before Christmas.

tybee204 said:
I would remember if my husband was not home for Christmas when we had young children. Were he to be gone Christmas my kids would have been on meltdown and he would have had hot burning coal in his stocking.
well, one Thanksgiving i was in the hospital. but there is no way my dh could tell you what year. So, while i am usually slaving away cooking a meal every Thanksgiving, if asked the question who he ate Thanksgiving with my dh would really have to think hard to say for sure if I was at T-day dinner with him in a given year. His knee jerk answer would be of course I know..but if he were to think about it, he wouldn't be able to say for sure.
I do think he could figure it our eventually though.:crazy:

tybee204 said:

Wow, you guys definitely have better memory then I do, LOL!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back