Karr's Ex Wife Hires High Profile Attorney

dragonfly707

Reaction score
NBC News here in Northern California just reported that Lara Knudsen (the ex-wife of suspect John Mark Karr) has higherd high profile attorney Mike Rains (the attorney for baseball player Barry Bonds). Mike Rains spoke with reporters outside the Knudsen home. He said that his client is in the process of contacting the Denver DA in attempt to cooperate with them fully in their investigation. He went on to say that she is very upset and embarrassed, by this whole ordeal. And that she has not ever been contacted by Denver authorities in regards to any of the Ramsey murder investigation, or any in way concerning any investigation of her ex husband.

Thanks for posting this info!

Smart woman, hiring a lawyer at this time.

I bet she's embarrassed, plus she has the burden of explaining this mess to her kids.

Interesting that the authorities have not contacted her during this investigation which traveled all the way to Thailand. :-o

dragonfly707 said:
NBC News here in Northern California just reported that Lara Knudsen (the ex-wife of suspect John Mark Karr) has higherd high profile attorney Mike Rains (the attorney for baseball player Barry Bonds). Mike Rains spoke with reporters outside the Knudsen home. He said that his client is in the process of contacting the Denver DA in attempt to cooperate with them fully in their investigation. He went on to say that she is very upset and embarrassed, by this whole ordeal. And that she has not ever been contacted by Denver authorities in regards to any of the Ramsey murder investigation, or any in way concerning any investigation of her ex husband.
Is the high profile attorney for her or for Karr? If it is for her, what does she need an attorney for?

shana said:
Interesting that the authorities have not contacted her during this investigation which traveled all the way to Thailand. :-o

I suppose they wanted to be careful not to tip off Karr before they had him in custody. But it does make one wonder how carefully they checked on his whereabouts in 1996.

Mike Rains is representing Karr's ex-wife Lara Knudesen. I do not know why she would need an attorney especially when he said that she intends to fully cooperate in the investigation in any way that she can. She has not spoke to the media according to him, (I thought she released a statement yesterday) but she intends on making a statement after she contacts the Denver authorities.

JBean said:
Is the high profile attorney for her or for Karr? If it is for her, what does she need an attorney for?
Probably to keep the reporters off of her, and to handle the book and movie deal that is probably in her future. LOL Sorry, but I can't help thinking that way anymore.

Buzzm1 said:
Probably to keep the reporters off of her, and to handle the book and movie deal that is probably in her future. LOL Sorry, but I can't help thinking that way anymore.
cripes.oh what a world, what world.
thanks buzz and dragonfly.

Buzzm1 said:

Why should you help it? You are absolutely correct and we can add "help deal with media outlets vying for her appearances."

dragonfly707 said:
He went on to say that she is very upset and embarrassed, by this whole ordeal. And that she has not ever been contacted by Denver authorities in regards to any of the Ramsey murder investigation, or any in way concerning any investigation of her ex husband.
I would be embarassed, also, even though she's not responsible for his actions.

Curious choice of phrase--"not ever been contacted by blah blah blah...or anyway concerning any investigation of her ex husband." In their divorce papers that were exerpted (is that even a word?) today in several articles, she talks about being contacted by investigators into her husband's possession of child *advertiser censored*. One of those investigators even encouraged her to file a restraining order against him.

Anita Richman said:
I would be embarassed, also, even though she's not responsible for his actions.

Curious choice of phrase--"not ever been contacted by blah blah blah...or anyway concerning any investigation of her ex husband." In their divorce papers that were exerpted (is that even a word?) today in several articles, she talks about being contacted by investigators into her husband's possession of child *advertiser censored*. One of those investigators even encouraged her to file a restraining order against him.
Hi Anita, I probably did not word that properly. Clearly the attorney meant that authorities had not contacted her in any way from Denver and in anyway prior to his arrest yesterday. Sorry for the confusion.

dragonfly707 said:
Hi Anita, I probably did not word that properly. Clearly the attorney meant that authorities had not contacted her in any way from Denver and in anyway prior to his arrest yesterday. Sorry for the confusion.
Oh! I misunderstood the post to be "from the horse's mouth". My mistake~I appreciate you correcting it.:blushing:

I wasn't aware that Lara even knew his whereabouts, let alone that she would be in any kind of contact with him. I could be wrong. ;-)

shana said:
I wasn't aware that Lara even knew his whereabouts, let alone that she would be in any kind of contact with him. I could be wrong. ;-)
I don't think she knew his whereabouts, but the cops didn't know that. Did you read or hear the interview that was done with his dad? The poor old guy (in his 80's) thought his son was dead because he hadn't heard from or seen him in years.

What kind of guy doesn't get in contact with his kids OR his dad for years?!

shana said:
Media today quoted his father as saying that he thought he was "dead". I don't think anyone close to this guy knew where he was. I find it really appropo that he was in Bangkok, living in a district of prostitution and in a place where rooms are normally rented by the hour. Child prostitution is rampant in the area where he was arrested, he probably thought he was in heaven.

She would need an attorney if she was worried she could be an accessory - before or after the fact. Did she cover up for him at all? Notice something, and hide it? Was she aware he was a pedophile (beyond what he did to her...).

But we're not talking about his father and I can't attest to his high character or regard for his father either (was said he was raised by grandparents, btw)...we are talking about his ex-wife. As well, I read that he was forbidden from seeing his kids which wouldn't bode well for ongoing contact with his ex. Finally, he's been traveling abroad for years.

Lara has either remarried or re-assumed her maiden name (now Knudsen). I just don't get the feeling that John was in any way a part of her life or that of her own family either.

All of the above is MO, not gonna try sourcing it. :)

She probably got an Attorney to protect her and her children. The media has been hounding them. It puts Media and other invasive people on notice to go through her Attorney

shana said:
But we're not talking about his father and I can't attest to his high character or regard for his father either (was said he was raised by grandparents, btw)...we are talking about his ex-wife. As well, I read that he was forbidden from seeing his kids which wouldn't bode well for ongoing contact with his ex. Finally, he's been traveling abroad for years.

Lara has either remarried or re-assumed her maiden name (now Knudsen). I just don't get the feeling that John was in any way a part of her life or that of her own family either.

All of the above is MO, not gonna try sourcing it. :)
I agree that John wasn't a part of her or her children's lives. (Probably not connected in a real way, to any of his family members, either.) Even so, his father and brother both said nice things about him. Dad called him an "exemplary son" and his brother said he was "nice, smart and a good brother."

Buzzm1 said:
Why not? I think we all know others who have done the same thing. I am surprised she didn't hire Gloria Allred! LOL What a way to get rich...:confused:

stonewall said:
Why not? I think we all know others who have done the same thing. I am surprised she didn't hire Gloria Allred! LOL What a way to get rich...:confused:
OOHH you said the GA word. LOL!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back