California charges

tybee204

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
I was talking to a friend in California that is a Lawyer and she told me that the Statue of Limitations should have already expired on the charges against John Carr. Felony Child *advertiser censored* has a 3 year Statue and Misdemeaner has a 1 year Statue

Existing Law: There is a 3-year statute of limitations for felony offenses involving child *advertiser censored*, which commences on the date of the offense. There is a one-year statute of limitations for misdemeanor offenses involving child *advertiser censored* and unlawful videotaping, which commences on the date of the offense.

Has anyone found anything on the California Case and if the warrents are still valid?

tybee204 said:
I was talking to a friend in California that is a Lawyer and she told me that the Statue of Limitations should have already expired on the charges against John Carr. Felony Child *advertiser censored* has a 3 year Statue and Misdemeaner has a 1 year Statue

Existing Law: There is a 3-year statute of limitations for felony offenses involving child *advertiser censored*, which commences on the date of the offense. There is a one-year statute of limitations for misdemeanor offenses involving child *advertiser censored* and unlawful videotaping, which commences on the date of the offense.

Has anyone found anything on the California Case and if the warrents are still valid?
I don't know if you saw my other post, but I did a little snooping and I think a misdemeanor in CA is for possession and a felony is possession with distribution.

tybee204 said:

I believe the statue of limitations would not be relevant once the person was charged. You can't get away with something by going into hiding for x number of years.

The Statue of Limitations begins from the point of discovery not the date of the crime.

tybee204 said:

Yes, but, if I am not mistaken, since he skipped before his rearrest for parole violation, and missed his January, 2002 trial, the statute of limitations clock stopped.

Buzzm1 said:
Yes, but, if I am not mistaken, since he skipped before his rearrest for parole violation, and missed his January, 2002 trial, the statute of limitations clock stopped.
wait what parole?..i missed that.
Do you mean probation? But even if you do, probation for what? Probation violation would be a whole other charge ,as well as, a bench warrant for FTA.

I didnt think he ever showed up for Court so how could he have been on probabtion?

I thought he was arrested, released on his own recognince (sp) , then skipped town

That was my understanding of what's been reported FWIW he failed to show up to court on the charges (*advertiser censored*) so a bench warrant was issued. I don't think bench warrants just go away.

I know in Georgia a misdemeaner bench warrent for writing bad checks expires after 1 year. and the case is dropped.

dragonfly707 said:
It was not probation or parole he violated it was the terms of his supervised release.

http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060817/NEWS/60817006/1033/NEWS01

Quote:
A warrant was issued for his arrest for violation of supervised release, and the sheriff’s department has had no contact with him since, Sgt. Rob Giordano said.
oh thanks that is helpful. So looks to me as though he violated the tems of his release, as well as, an FTA warrant.

JBean said:
wait what parole?..i missed that.
Do you mean probation? But even if you do, probation for what? Probation violation would be a whole other charge ,as well as, a bench warrant for FTA.

Oct. 5: After a series of court hearings, Karr was released from jail, but was ordered to report to a probation officer and avoid child *advertiser censored*, children and places where children congregate, such as schools, beaches and parks The court records in the case were sealed.

_ November: A judge issues a restraining order, compelling Karr to stay 100 yards away from his wife and three children for three years.

_ December: A warrant was issued for Karr's arrest after authorities said he violated the terms of his supervised release.

Buzzm1 said:
Oct. 5: After a series of court hearings, Karr was released from jail, but was ordered to report to a probation officer and avoid child *advertiser censored*, children and places where children congregate, such as schools, beaches and parks The court records in the case were sealed.

_ November: A judge issues a restraining order, compelling Karr to stay 100 yards away from his wife and three children for three years.

_ December: A warrant was issued for Karr's arrest after authorities said he violated the terms of his supervised release.
Got it thanks Buzz.. when you said parole, i thought he had been to prison and I was really confused.
But even so, i still didn't realize he was on a release program, even from jail.

I have a question, albeit maybe a silly one or at least maybe just an unanswerable one at this time... is there any way to find out exactly what type of child *advertiser censored* Karr was found to have in his possession? Was it pictures of young boys, young girls or both? Or possibly even pictures soley of little blonde girls? I know this sounds sick, but child molesters seem to prefer one over the other more often than not so I'm just wondering what his preference was.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Starlight86
Back