Has anyone read John Douglas' book?

:) Yeah, I have it here in my bookcase. It is good reading but heavy going , best to read it really slowly! I saw him on telly today discussing Karr.He is an interesting man with a lot of insight unlike some of the other 'talking heads' who seem to give biased opinion. He was on CNN.

to gun for hire - he was hired by the Ramseys. The book is interesting, but so narcissistic that by the end you'll wonder why there's no chapter on his canonization.

I have his books and I really like them. I was wondering what he was saying about all of this going on now.

Bev said:
to gun for hire - he was hired by the Ramseys. The book is interesting, but so narcissistic that by the end you'll wonder why there's no chapter on his canonization.
ROFL! I have a few of his books and I have to agree with you. He may have a fan club, but I think he's his own #1 fan!

He was on tv discussing this new development. It was quite difficult to make out his speech at times.

I did enjoy reading his books, but you'd think from reading them that he "invented" profiling and has solved every important case with it in the last century. I don't think that profiling is all that important and can't think of a single case where profiling solved the case.

Did you notice how he's taking credit for derailing the grand jury case? You'd think Lou Smit and the rest of those yahoos didn't exist.

"to gun for hire - he was hired by the Ramseys. The book is interesting, but so narcissistic that by the end you'll wonder why there's no chapter on his canonization."

Sad, but true. He did speak at length yesterday. Same "I was right, everyone else wrong" self-aggrandizement.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back