Thailand now backing off some statements...

englishleigh

Authentic Southern Belle
Reaction score
Fox News is reporting that Thailand is now backing off some of the statements, like that he picked her up from school or drugged her. Did this guy actually make those statements on tape, or is it just hearsay from Thai officials that he claimed this stuff?

englishleigh said:
Fox News is reporting that Thailand is now backing off some of the statements, like that he picked her up from school or drugged her. Did this guy actually make those statements on tape, or is it just hearsay from Thai officials that he claimed this stuff?
This does not surprise me as I thought the immigration official who was interviewed at the press conference was an inappropriate idiot. I would take all of this with a grain of salt because of language barriers and missconstrued statements.I do not know whether it is fact or heresay but feel the whole media frenzy surrounding the press conference very wierd. Will have to wait till he comes back home to find out what the truth is. So much is being said by so many it is just impossible to know.

The DNA & whether or not Karr can be placed in Boulder on that night will tell the tale. We just have to wait and be patient.

englishleigh said:
Lt. Gen. Suwat Tumrongsiskul of the Thai immigration police changed some details Friday of the account he had given of what Karr told investigators. In a telephone interview Thursday with The Associated Press, Suwat quoted Karr as saying he had sexually assaulted the girl and given her drugs. He also told reporters before a news conference Thursday that Karr had claimed to have picked up JonBenet at her school.

On Friday, Suwat confirmed to the AP his account of the sexual assault. But asked Friday if Karr gave the girl drugs, Suwat said the suspect described the encounter with JonBenet Ramsey as "a blur."

"It may have been drugs, or it may have been something else because (Karr said) it was a blur, blur," Suwat said.

Suwat also said Friday that his statement about the girl being picked from school was based on a documentary he had seen and not the interrogation

http://orangecounty.cox.net/cci/newsnational/national?_mode=view&_state=maximized&view=article&id=D8JISC180&_action=validatearticle

This is what I said...we only know right now FOR SURE what he said was what we ALL saw on tape...everything else, we can not confirm. Everyone kept talking about her being picked up at school...I asked one poster, "did you hear him say that?"..I did not.

I don't know if he did it, I sure hope so, but...all the reports, 'he said this, he said that'.

WHAT HAVE WE ACTUALLY HEARD HIM SAY?

So far I have heard him say:

I LOVE JON BONET
IT WAS AN ACCIDENT (<--did I even hear that?)
and NO.

I know there is more, just don't remember and am at work with no sound to watch videos.

Anyone else hear more? Please post everything we have actually heard come out of HIS mouth. Not rumors, not theories, not what they say he said. What have you all heard HIM say, please. Thanks :)

Christine, I too heard him actually say that it was an accident. That was for sure that he did utter those words.

englishleigh said:
Christine, I too heard him actually say that it was an accident. That was for sure that he did utter those words.
Yes, in the video where he is seated, his sentences are clear and he says much more than the interview were he is walking.

JBean said:
Yes, in the video where he is seated, his sentences are clear and he says much more than the interview were he is walking.

In that seated interview Karr said he was in the basement with her and the rest of the answers were no comment. The 'drugged" and "picked her from school" comment has not been captured on camera, so unconfirmed at this stage. This Thai official is an idiot for spewing out utter crap that every news outlet then ran with.

Charlie said:
In that seated interview Karr said he was in the basement with her and the rest of the answers were no comment. The 'drugged" and "picked her from school" comment has not been captured on camera, so unconfirmed at this stage. This Thai official is an idiot for spewing out utter crap that every news outlet then ran with.
agreed. I posted somewhere that I had never heard those 2 statements out of his mouth.
The investigator asssumed he drugged her and reported the school pick up based on a documentary he had seen.He's a probelm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back