The Pineapple

englishleigh

Authentic Southern Belle
Reaction score
I have a question about the undigested pineapple in JBR's stomach....

I have followed this case over the last decade but have only retained the most major points of evidence released.

Is it possible that JBR's killer (assuming intruder/Karr) was lying in wait in the house and JBR got up to get something to eat in the middle of the night, went downstairs and got the pineapple, started eating it and that's when the intruder grabbed her?

Also...I had the sick thought of this Karr guy saying they were lovers...could he have made JBR eat the pineapple in some sort of weird "lovers" ritual before he killed her?

The pineapple bugs me, can you tell?

I want like mad for this guy to be the killer, and the doubts are bothering me.

tumble said:
The pineapple kind of tells me he didn't do it.

Why? I have my own suspicions he did not do it. but why on the pineapple?

An intruder sitting in the kitchen feeding pineapple to JBR while the parents sleep upstairs sound just too strange to me.

tumble said:
An intruder sitting in the kitchen feeding pineapple to JBR while the parents sleep upstairs sound just too strange to me.

Yup, but this guy IS strange!!

I still think if anything, if it's an intruder, she got up to get a snack, got the pineapple and that's when she was grabbed.

englishleigh said:
Yup, but this guy IS strange!!

I still think if anything, if it's an intruder, she got up to get a snack, got the pineapple and that's when she was grabbed.
Yes but JBR was not that strange. She would have alerted her parents.
But if we skip the part about them eating it together it is a possible scenario. But then he must have silenced here without any trauma to her lips among other things...

"Is it possible that JBR's killer (assuming intruder/Karr) was lying in wait in the house and JBR got up to get something to eat in the middle of the night, went downstairs and got the pineapple, started eating it and that's when the intruder grabbed her?"

That sounds pretty stupid to me. He'd be caught for sure!

"Also...I had the sick thought of this Karr guy saying they were lovers...could he have made JBR eat the pineapple in some sort of weird "lovers" ritual before he killed her?"

That's the only scenario I think they could put forth, but like both parents said, she wouldn't eat pineapple with a stranger.

Hadn't the Ramseys always contended they did NOT have fresh pineapple in their home and it was not served at the Whites? :confused: I don't buy Lou Smit's idea that JonBenet had pineapple in a Tupperware container in her room.

ljwf22 said:
Hadn't the Ramseys always contended they did NOT have fresh pineapple in their home and it was not served at the Whites? :confused: I don't buy Lou Smit's idea that JonBenet had pineapple in a Tupperware container in her room.

I thought there was some in the Ramsey fridge that night but it was NOT served at the Whites.

There was a bowl of it on the kitchen table at the Ramsey house.

SuperDave said:
Yes, but Patsy claimed she never bought it. Even though her prints and Burke's were on the bowl.

ljwf22 said:
wow.....I didn't remember that. Was there a tupperware container found in her room? :waitasec:

tumble said:
Yes but JBR was not that strange. She would have alerted her parents.
But if we skip the part about them eating it together it is a possible scenario. But then he must have silenced here without any trauma to her lips among other things...

Apparently there are things about this case that are not privy to us. They are saying this guy (whom I don't believe did it) is relaying info about Jon's body that is supposedly unknown to the rest of us.

Why do you think she would have alerted her parents? Do you know kids? Who says there was no trauma to her lips? And do you think that EVERYTHING about the condition of the body was released?????

Heck, I even think that a drug could've been administered to her and they purposely left that out of the tox report in the autopsy.

sejay3911 said:
Apparently there are things about this case that are not privy to us. They are saying this guy (whom I don't believe did it) is relaying info about Jon's body that is supposedly unknown to the rest of us.

Why do you think she would have alerted her parents? Do you know kids? Who says there was no trauma to her parents? And do you think that EVERYTHING about the condition of the body was released?????

If she got up to eat something and was grabbed at that time by an intruder (Karr?), how could she have alerted her parents if a hand was placed over her mouth & she was overpowered, etc? JMO...

SuperDave said:

You are right and it was fresh pineapple, some thought that it was odd to leave it out because it would spoil. But as we know Patsy wasn't the best housekeeper.

sejay3911 said:

Why do you think she would have alerted her parents? Do you know kids? Who says there was no trauma to her lips? And do you think that EVERYTHING about the condition of the body was released?????

Heck, I even think that a drug could've been administered to her and they purposely left that out of the tox report in the autopsy.
Yes if you doubt the autopsy report many things could have happended. Have you heard of a case where they purposefully left things out of the autopsy report?

"Heck, I even think that a drug could've been administered to her and they purposely left that out of the tox report in the autopsy."

I don't think you can lie in an official document.

Tumble wrote: "Have you heard of a case where they purposefully left things out of the autopsy report?"

Sorry, I haven't taken the time yet to learn how to post on this forum. I love this place though because people post like crazy and the board moves quickly!

Yes, I think they DO leave things out of an autopsy report. Why the heck not?

Go back and read some of the new threads started AFTER this thread.

Amster said:
wow.....I didn't remember that. Was there a tupperware container found in her room? :waitasec:
From the Steve Thomas book "JonBenet: Inside the Ramsey Murder Investigation" (page 215, paperpack edition). This was during a visit to the Ramsey house July 2, 1997:

"It was on that table (in the family breakfast room) that police found the porcelain bowl containing fresh pineapple and bearing the fingerprints of Patsy and Burke. To me, that connected Patsy to pineapple, and pineapple was found in JonBenet's stomach, and one plus one equals two. I came to believe Patsy had given JonBenet pineapple that night.
Our experts studied the pineapple in the stomach and reported that it was fresh-cut pineapple, consistent down to the rind with what was found in the bowl. It was solid proof it wasn't canned pineapple, and what were the chances that an intruder would have brought in a fresh pineapple to cut up for his victim?
At lunch we had our sandwiches at that table while trying to convince Lou Smit of the connection between the mother's fingerprints on the bowl and the pineapple remains found in the child's body. He countered that a crime scene photo showed a Tupperware container in a paper sack in JonBenet's bedroom, and he believes the contents of that plastic bowl might have been pineapple.
Maybe she got up during the night and ate the pineapple in her room, he said, giving us an unlikely alternative. The Tupperware container, never siezed, was long gone, and the grainy photo on which he relied was totally inconlclusive. I thought the material could have been popcorn, maybe beads, certainly not unrefrigerated pineapple. Perhaps, Smit argued, if she knew the intruder, he might have fed her. "Maybe Santa," he ventured."

Just because prints are on the bowl does not prove that the leaver of the prints also served the contents. It could have been an empty bowl.

ssiegmund said:
I don't believe there are any secrets about the condition of the body but I guess I could be wrong.

Has anyone seen an autopsy photo of the left side of JonBenet's face? I haven't.

BlueCrab

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back