1094 users online (178 members and 916 guests)  

Websleuths News

TX - Kids Abandoned In Truck Cab For Days

FORT WORTH, Texas -- A Texas man is facing charges for allegedly abandoning his three children to go on a drug binge for a few days.

Fort Worth police said the children were left alone inside the cab of the man's idling tractor-trailer for as many as three days. The children, ages 8, 12 and 13, were found in good condition and turned over to Child Protective Services. Neighbors told police the parked truck hadn't moved for several days.

Police said they found the father, Jibrib Ali, 32, at a known drug house nearby and he appeared to be under the influence of narcotics. The man has been charged with suspicion of child endangerment and abandonment...

more at link..........http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...93/detail.html
    .................................................. .................................................. ....

The worst part of this story is that "mother" knew that the kids were in the truck!! He maybe have been under the influence of drugs however she has no such excuse!

UnFreaking beleveable! what is going on with so many "parents" these days?? I just don't get it.. deal with the doped out druggie husband or leave your children to fend for themselves in a idling vehicle?? She must be a moron if se thinks these kids are perfectly safe one their ownh for 3 days....She should be held on criminal charges and the children never allowed in their presence except when supervised by someone with an ounce of sense.

Quote Originally Posted by opme
    FORT WORTH, Texas -- A Texas man is facing charges for allegedly abandoning his three children to go on a drug binge for a few days.

Fort Worth police said the children were left alone inside the cab of the man's idling tractor-trailer for as many as three days. The children, ages 8, 12 and 13, were found in good condition and turned over to Child Protective Services. Neighbors told police the parked truck hadn't moved for several days.

Police said they found the father, Jibrib Ali, 32, at a known drug house nearby and he appeared to be under the influence of narcotics. The man has been charged with suspicion of child endangerment and abandonment...

more at link..........http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...93/detail.html
    .................................................. .................................................. ....

The worst part of this story is that "mother" knew that the kids were in the truck!! He maybe have been under the influence of drugs however she has no such excuse!

UnFreaking beleveable! what is going on with so many "parents" these days?? I just don't get it.. deal with the doped out druggie husband or leave your children to fend for themselves in a idling vehicle?? She must be a moron if se thinks these kids are perfectly safe one their ownh for 3 days....She should be held on criminal charges and the children never allowed in their presence except when supervised by someone with an ounce of sense.
    Soembody tell me please why the kids did not get out of the truck?? Was this a cultural, don't disrepect thy father ******** thing?
    http://www.nbc4.tv/news/9698893/detail.html

...A woman who claimed to be Ali's wife admitted that the children were left alone, but that the truck was comfortable.

"It's 68 degrees in the truck," she said.

When reporters asked the woman why she had left the children alone for three days, she said, "Because I was trying to get my husband out of the house."

Unfreakingbelievable
    Last edited by bakerprune64; 08-18-2006 at 02:12 PM. Reason: additional information

No, this wouldn't be a "cultural" thing - i'm guessing an abuse thing is more like it. The statement "I was trying to get my husband out of the house" says to me that she was likely forbidden, via threats, to do anything to help the children. And I would guess that the children were threatened not to get out of the truck as well.
    Rest in peace little Marcus.

Where is Jaycee Lee Dugard?

Wink

Both parents should be held accountable for this....

Feel so sorry for the kids and glade there ok....

I read about this in the Telegram. Whether the truck was running or not; whether there was ample food and drink - or not; this is a clear case of "Me First" by the father. He just had to have that fix...and Mom clearly has alot of regard for him. I hope they live happily ever after....minus the children. .They don't need them and it's obvious they don't want them. Personally, I'd like to fix the both of them.

Not to defend this idiot father, but truckers normally leave their truck idling while they sleep, either for heat in the winter or A/C in the summer. My husband's truck is quite roomy and comfortable, with 2 beds, a refrigerator, a little table, curtains on the windows, etc.

I have to wonder what company this man drives for and if they ever do drug testing. Obviously we don't need a drugged out trucker on the road. Most companies have rules that only one person, other than the driver, can ride along. There aren't enough seatbelts, or even seats, for 4 people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mabel
    Not to defend this idiot father, but truckers normally leave their truck idling while they sleep, either for heat in the winter or A/C in the summer. My husband's truck is quite roomy and comfortable, with 2 beds, a refrigerator, a little table, curtains on the windows, etc.

I have to wonder what company this man drives for and if they ever do drug testing. Obviously we don't need a drugged out trucker on the road. Most companies have rules that only one person, other than the driver, can ride along. There aren't enough seatbelts, or even seats, for 4 people.
    But most truckers don't normally leave three kids in their idling truck, ALONE for three days. You seem to have rather skipped over that small detail.

It sounds like the father was in a seedy neighborhood; the kids were probably afraid to get out!

Quote Originally Posted by TallCoolOne
    But most truckers don't normally leave three kids in their idling truck, ALONE for three days. You seem to have rather skipped over that small detail.
    Easy there, Bucko. I didn't say that what the dad did was right, did I? I just thought I'd point out that leaving the truck idling wasn't really an issue because those truck are made to sit and idle for long periods of time. My husband is out up to 14 days at a time and never shuts his truck off except to get fuel. Additionally, unlike with a car, it would be almost impossible for the kids to accidentally (or even intentionally) slip the truck into gear.

Obviously abandoning the kids for 3 days anywhere is wrong. But leaving the truck idling is no different than leaving them alone in a home with the air conditioning running.

Quote Originally Posted by bakerprune64
    Soembody tell me please why the kids did not get out of the truck?? Was this a cultural, don't disrepect thy father ******** thing?
    http://www.nbc4.tv/news/9698893/detail.html

Unfreakingbelievable
    Was this a cultural thing hhmmmmm

A father living in Texas America, a druggie binging on crack cocaine and found in a crack-house in a seedy neighbourhood.
    A mother who obviously shouldn't be a mother.
    3 kids abandoned in a truck for 3 days

I guess i'm not really the one to answer this since I'm Aussie but i don't think the above could be claimed as totally a Texan/American culture

~aussieblue

Just my worth. Some days/posts thats real value, on others, I might need to give back change! IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Sabal
    Goodness, caring for children inbetween hits at a drug house doesn't really qualify as caring or supervised.

These children need another home.

So....stepmom was at the same crackhouse - Bless her sweet soul for thinking to return occasionally to check on the kids. I am so thankful everything turned out OK for the kids EXCEPT:

1. for the fact their parents chose drugs over them. I personally don't care if they're addicts and the "drug" is in control of them instead of vice versa. I'm rather sick of that excuse.
    2. for the fact the parents chose to leave them unsupervised rather than leaving them with relatives or the state.
    3. for the fact they were driving or going to - under the influence. That means that any of us could have met them on the highway and been at their drugged mercy.
    4. for the fact that the kids will suffer long-term effects from this. Will they grow up to be like their parents? Statistics show that they probably will.

I could go on & on.....Thank God for those observant people who thought to call the truck in.

Cathieq - I agree with your "facts". Based on Ali being investigated 3 times by CPS, turns out those children were definitely lucky that someone called the police this time. They're alive and well, at least, and are better off in foster care than being with a father and stepmother who haven't a clue!