White Teddy Bear

Zelda

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
I read in Rocky Mountain News that while investigating Karr, they found a picture of Karr as a child, holding a white teddy bear. The bear in the picture is very similar to a bear found in Jon Benet's room after the murder. No one remembered seeing it before.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

Now I can't find which article it is in or I'd post a link.

I'm curious if the public knew about the bear, or was this a held back clue?

Zelda said:
I read in Rocky Mountain News that while investigating Karr, they found a picture of Karr as a child, holding a white teddy bear. The bear in the picture is very similar to a bear found in Jon Benet's room after the murder. No one remembered seeing it before.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

Now I can't find which article it is in or I'd post a link.

I'm curious if the public knew about the bear, or was this a held back clue?
HI Zelda..it is in another thread, I'll see if I can find it.
The bear was known to the public and it was a mystery because it was at the Ramsey home, but no one knew where it came from, I believe.

sewingdeb said:
The teddy bear picture is mentioned in this link:
http://www.rockymountainnews.com/dr...4926302,00.html

In a related development Thursday, the Daily Camera reported that Tracey shared details of his research into the Ramsey case with students months before he alerted authorities.

The paper reported former students as saying that someone sent Tracey a childhood picture of himself holding a white Santa Claus teddy bear and purportedly taken on a Christmas morning. The stuffed animal was apparently just like the one that mysteriously showed up in JonBenet's bedroom and stumped the family and investigators.
there you go

I don't remember anything about a white teddy bear. It would be strange if it was just like Karr's bear.
Creepy.

They traced back the white bear in the Ramsey house to a pageant JonBenet had been in. A woman from the pageant identified it.

Wow! This is such an exciting forum.

I hope they don't let his probably-deliberate story discrepancies succeed in his getting by with this if he did it. Maybe he's planning an insanity defense. The staging was contradictory too, to cause confusion.

I don't know about split personality. Would it be a symptom of that, gang?

"The paper reported former students as saying that someone sent Tracey a childhood picture of himself holding a white Santa Claus teddy bear and purportedly taken on a Christmas morning. The stuffed animal was apparently just like the one that mysteriously showed up in JonBenet's bedroom and stumped the family and investigators."

This does not say anything about Karr. These are former student's of Tracey's saying that he told them that SOMEONE sent him this picture. Perhaps it was Karr, perhaps it was someone else. Rmember that the bear was a topic of interest and the photo of it made public in the hopes that someone could identify its source. Perhaps somebody sent Tracey this picture, knowing that he was investigating the case, to show that they had a bear like it when they were young.

They're discussing the white teddy bear looking like one JMK had when he was a child. Is there a link about JBR getting it at a pageant?

Pam Paugh said PD asked her to stand in JBR's room and slowly turn around to see if anything was out of place, and she noticed the bear she'd never seen before. I don't know if she'd been in the room since the pageant, which they didn't mention.

If that was the same bear, wouldn't it be pretty beat up looking after 20-25 years of Karr hauling it around?

IIRC, the bear was later accounted for (probably read it here).

lighthouselover said:
If that was the same bear, wouldn't it be pretty beat up looking after 20-25 years of Karr hauling it around?

IIRC, the bear was later accounted for (probably read it here).
WELL, THAT'S WHAT I WAS THINKING!!!!!!!

gaia:croc:

If Karr was obsessed with JB, could he have not went to the pageant and given JB the bear? Maybe he had a bear like that as a child and then found a similar one and gave it to JB?

you know,this is starting to remind me of the great "Paul is Dead" rumor about the Beatles back in 1970--when i was 13,I remember the whole school was talking about all the "signs",both on the Beatles albums and certain songs which implied Paul McCartney had died and was secretly replaced by a double--people were looking for things that weren't really there,e.g. only Paul was wearing a black rose,the other Beatles wore red.the words "I buried Paul" at the end of a song" etc

The whole bear thing is a set up .Karr probably saw pics of the bear and bought one , had his photo taken then sent it to Tracey.W e do not know if the bear was identical to the one JBR had. But all the same did Patsy ever say where the bear came from? Did it come from a pageant or not ?

We don't even know that it's Karr in the photo. It could be one of his kids or somebody else's kid. And, like kazzbar said, he could have seen the photo of the bed with the bear the same time we all saw it and went out and bought one similar or identical.

It's not like Santa bears are indigenous to Boulder.

(This is Michael Tracey that we're dealing with. The same one who on CNN last night said he wouldn't release any of the details of the correspondence and would have no comment on any questions and then today they suddenly show up on the front page of the paper.)

lighthouselover said:
We don't even know that it's Karr in the photo. It could be one of his kids or somebody else's kid. And, like kazzbar said, he could have seen the photo of the bed with the bear the same time we all saw it and went out and bought one similar or identical.

It's not like Santa bears are indigenous to Boulder.

(This is Michael Tracey that we're dealing with. The same one who on CNN last night said he wouldn't release any of the details of the correspondence and would have no comment on any questions and then today they suddenly show up on the front page of the paper.)
Yeah, my daughter has a small Santa bear just like the one I saw on candy Rose.! We have to see the photo off Karr with the bear to start with.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back